The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

The Blue Jays will be wearing all-red jerseys every Sunday

Sports Illustrated

AAm3Pze.img?h=408&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f©

The Toronto Blue Jays have revealed some brand new alternate jerseys to be worn on Sundays in the 2017 season, which are completely red. Yes, the Blue Jays will have absolutely no blue in their jerseys every seventh day of the week.

Edited by ShakyWalton
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Pears said:

Surprised Luke Hochevar is still available. Him and Travis Wood are my two ideal fits for relief pitchers. Boone Logan as a fallback option wouldn't be bad either. 

Logan would be my first choice from the three. (in fact, I've been advocating for him for several weeks) The simple reason is that he's a lefty.

Unless, of course, people are okay with Aaron Loup coming out to face Crash Davis with the game on the line...B)

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Logan would be my first choice from the three. (in fact, I've been advocating for him for several weeks) The simple reason is that he's a lefty.

Unless, of course, people are okay with Aaron Loup coming out to face Crash Davis with the game on the line...B)

Im much more afraid of Loup facing Crash's twin brother Chris. 

Stroman and Sanchez were such close friends. What the hell happened to them that changed that so bad? Awkward rift in the clubhouse so I wouldnt be at all surprised to see a trade. They even unfollowed each other on twitter wtf.

Edited by Xbox

24 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Stroman and Sanchez were such close friends. What the hell happened to them that changed that so bad? Awkward rift in the clubhouse so I wouldnt be at all surprised to see a trade. They even unfollowed each other on twitter wtf.

I won't be surprised if this had to do with Sanchez hiring Boras as his agent or something. This certainly sucks as they were great buddies for many years since they were in the minors together. Now this happens. Hope they get their #$%! together and work it out. 

2 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

I won't be surprised if this had to do with Sanchez hiring Boras as his agent or something. This certainly sucks as they were great buddies for many years since they were in the minors together. Now this happens. Hope they get their #$%! together and work it out. 

Stroman had quite the tweet after Sanchez hired Boras. Wonder if it's because Stroman thought this would be his team, not Aaron's.

9 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Stroman had quite the tweet after Sanchez hired Boras. Wonder if it's because Stroman thought this would be his team, not Aaron's.

If it is they should both grow up...the team is bigger than both of them...and its niethers  team..to much experience on the Jays for that...if they cant solve it...it needs to be addressed or someone gets move....crap like this is a cancer.

Edited by ShakyWalton

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

If it is they should both grow up...the team is bigger than both of them...and its niethers  team..to much experience on the Jays for that...if they cant solve it...it needs to be addressed or someone gets move....crap like this is a cancer.

Stroman came out and said theres nothing wrong, but obviously there is if they're childish enough to unfollow each other on Twitter. That's just asking for trouble. This damage control is easy to see through.

http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1213040

Edited by Xbox
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Xbox said:

I was reading more into the who Sanchez/Stroman thing. This situation is not OK and I fully expect a trade of some sort rather soon. The beef between the two is very real.

isw there any new info on this other than what has been posted?

3 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

isw there any new info on this other than what has been posted?

No, but what else do we need? They were inseparable, now Stroman actually admits that they're going their separate ways. It may not seem like much to you, but unfollowing a teammate like that is the equivalent of spitting in their direction, the disrespect is real. They both follow players like Danny Barnes as well just to top it off. And that tweet Stroman made just after Sanchez went with Boras was just nasty.

It's probably because Marcus viewed himself as the teams ace pitcher and used that as leadership to help his friend become a better pitcher, but along that road Sanchez ended up becoming an elite starter that's now placed 4th on MLB networks best pitchers list while Stroman only places 4th for best pitcher on Toronto.

But who do you trade? The young ace franchise pitcher thats inevitably behind Boras, or the charismatic 5'8 Stroman who goes out of his way to lobby for the team? One of them wont be on the team in a few months from now barring a miracle.

Edited by Xbox
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

No, but what else do we need? They were inseparable, now Stroman actually admits that they're going their separate ways. It may not seem like much to you, but unfollowing a teammate like that is the equivalent of spitting in their direction, the disrespect is real. They both follow players like Danny Barnes as well just to top it off. And that tweet Stroman made just after Sanchez went with Boras was just nasty.

It's probably because Marcus viewed himself as the teams ace pitcher and used that as leadership to help his friend become a better pitcher, but along that road Sanchez ended up becoming an elite starter that's now placed 4th on MLB networks best pitchers list while Stroman only places 4th for best pitcher on Toronto.

But who do you trade? The young ace franchise pitcher thats inevitably behind Boras, or the charismatic 5'8 Stroman who goes out of his way to lobby for the team? One of them wont be on the team in a few months from now barring a miracle.

I think that's a bit of an overreaction, but as far as "who do you trade?", it would be an easy choice for me:

Stro. Especially if the Rockies were still offering Blackmon.

On 1/18/2017 at 10:06 PM, shiznak said:

Ichiro has become a role player now.

The Jays need an everyday lead off hitter.

Well tbh he has become a role player because Miami has young players there already, and Ichiro accepts this to continue playing. 

I followed him a bit last year and noticed when he was playing full time because of injuries to other players he was playing really well. At one point his avg was at .330 ish, but when he started being a role player again and would just get one at bat a game, his numbers started to fall.

He has one more year left at 2M, Upton has one more year left costing 5M. I would take the gamble if Miami was willing to do it, because even if it doesn't work out he can still be a role player, which is what Upton may just be as well, and you free up 3M salary.

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think that's a bit of an overreaction, but as far as "who do you trade?", it would be an easy choice for me:

Stro. Especially if the Rockies were still offering Blackmon.

Doubt that's an option anymore with Bautista back.

This whole Sanchez Stro situation is kind of bizarre, but I'm wondering if it's because of a real relationship problem.... When I mean real I mean gay, why I say this, it goes back sometime to what my Mother suggested last year.

My Mother is a big sports fan, but she is also a big Twitter fanatic always on it and getting stories. Anyways she suggested to me last year that she really believes they are in a gay relationship, at the time I refused to agree with her and said, no way they're just close friends because they're young pitchers and are sticking together. She was persistent about this, but I would not agree to it.

I only bring this up because of what has been going on lately and now I'm starting to think maybe my Mother was right, maybe they were closer then we all knew....

4 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

This whole Sanchez Stro situation is kind of bizarre, but I'm wondering if it's because of a real relationship problem.... When I mean real I mean gay, why I say this, it goes back sometime to what my Mother suggested last year.

My Mother is a big sports fan, but she is also a big Twitter fanatic always on it and getting stories. Anyways she suggested to me last year that she really believes they are in a gay relationship, at the time I refused to agree with her and said, no way they're just close friends because they're young pitchers and are sticking together. She was persistent about this, but I would not agree to it.

I only bring this up because of what has been going on lately and now I'm starting to think maybe my Mother was right, maybe they were closer then we all knew....

Damn Chuck I can honestly say I haven't heard that one yet lol. This is old but

I'd place my bets on it being Sanchez being the ace rather that Stroman because that's were things started to go south.

I've also heard 

1) Storman possibly asked Sanchez to invest in HDMH but he declined

2) X banged Y's girl

8 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Damn Chuck I can honestly say I haven't heard that one yet lol. This is old but

Reveal hidden contents

I'd place my bets on it being Sanchez being the ace rather that Stroman because that's were things started to go south.

I've also heard 

1) Storman possibly asked Sanchez to invest in HDMH but he declined

2) X banged Y's girl

Trust me I didn't want to believe it either, but I have to maybe give it a possibility, you never know in this day of age. Plus not much information on them having girlfriends.

12 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Trust me I didn't want to believe it either, but I have to maybe give it a possibility, you never know in this day of age. Plus not much information on them having girlfriends.

Out of the 3 scenarios, I think 1 is the least likely.

1) Relationship related

2) Sanchez being the Ace

3) HDMH related - Sanches, who's not challenged by his height, probably declined to invest in it

I definitely enjoy hearing other's opinions on this because it is quite bizarre considering how close they were.

Edited by Xbox