The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Change coming today?

topbananas

I don't see Gillis being fired. Worst case he gets the GM title stripped, and is left as President, but even this is foolish. The time to fire Gillis was either last year (before the draft) or next year, after Gillis has had a chance to right the ship. Gillis has done lots of good with this team, and deserves the chance.

Agreed. People here are already excited about draft selections in Horvat, Shinkaruk, Cassels, and Jordan Subban. Although later then expected, people are starting to like the Hodgson/Kassian trade. And if you look around in other threads, people are loving the fact that the Canucks are drafting in the top 10 this year. Anyone who follows hockey closely knew the Canucks were going to have an interesting year this year. Either they were going to make the playoffs, or like they did with all these injuries, not. Seeing as though Torts has a completely different style that the players needed to get used to, this season was a blessing. Personally, I'd like to see one more season of Gillis during this mini-rebuild before a move get done. But what do I know?

Guess this never happened.

Ryan Kesler finally feels healthy after being plagued with injury the last two seasons. He seems to have the fire in the eyes, like a raging bull. He said he is ready to prove people wrong, “all those doubters out there, we are going to make them eat their words.”

:picard:

What did you expect him to say?

Considering the last few days he's been more focused on a new Club16 announcement than the Canucks, I'd say it rings true. He was vacationing before that as well.

If he'd been strangely silent I could see maybe something was in the works, but he's pretty clearly been doing his own thing, much like he has been for a few years now.

Big shock that TSN is trying to deflect drama to Vancouver. Keeps the wolves off the Leafs doorstep for a bit, I guess.

I'd agree to the extent that MacKenzie specifically said he'd be surprised if Nonis was facing any heat currently, but they haven't been able to build on any success. I'd be more worried to be a Toronto fan than a Canuck fan.

Ryan Kesler finally feels healthy after being plagued with injury the last two seasons. He seems to have the fire in the eyes, like a raging bull. He said he is ready to prove people wrong, “all those doubters out there, we are going to make them eat their words.”

yup he sure showed them.

Ryan Kesler finally feels healthy after being plagued with injury the last two seasons. He seems to have the fire in the eyes, like a raging bull. He said he is ready to prove people wrong, all those doubters out there, we are going to make them eat their words.

Ahahahahah He's been a failure after 2011 lol makes comments like those and has to eat them after he can't perform like he once could.

I lend NO credibility to anything Dreger says or seconds. But I will say that getting a new GM scares me a lot.

new GMs PURGE the old GMs work.

What happens if a new GM comes in starts trading prospects picks and players with their "vision" in mind, or they come in and have the "owners vision" in mind.

Oh yes, because Gillis totally came in and PURGED the core of this team, right? :lol:

Pretty sure its better for TSN when its the Leafs imploding...

Not if Dreger is trying to protect Nonis .. several times in the Leafs 8 game slide they purposefully ignored the Leaf's problems by saying things to the effect .. " .. yeah, but what about Vancouver .. huh? .. HUH?" .. beware prevarication!

What ever happens Torts said it best. He said the fans have a right to voice their displeasure. "They pay big bucks" he said. Reminded me of Iron Mike speaking about the fans. Mike Keenan was the guy who got rid of Linden. Now there is a rumour Linden is the next president of Canucks.

What did you expect him to say?

Honestly, this exact thing. I don't think Linden, a guy who has been away from the game for so long, would either a) want to walk into a high pressure job, such as GMing a team without any prior experience or B) would want to do it in Vancouver.

Considering the last few days he's been more focused on a new Club16 announcement than the Canucks, I'd say it rings true. He was vacationing before that as well.

If he'd been strangely silent I could see maybe something was in the works, but he's pretty clearly been doing his own thing, much like he has been for a few years now.

I'd agree to the extent that MacKenzie specifically said he'd be surprised if Nonis was facing any heat currently, but they haven't been able to build on any success. I'd be more worried to be a Toronto fan than a Canuck fan.

I agree. Linden has never shown any interest in rejoining the Canucks in a management role.

I agree. Linden has never shown any interest in rejoining the Canucks in a management role.

If Linden is hired, but it hasn't been officially announced by the organization, of course he wouldn't talk about it because he can't. He's not allowed to. It happens all the time.

I would be surprised if he got fired before they played their last game of the season. This is the kind of thing to do on Monday, after the season is over.

I agree with this..also afraid that Torts will remain untouched for another year..dont want this guy running the team next year and screwing up as bad as this year with our young talent.

Archived