The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT]-Edmonton-04/12/14

The Stork

I hear ya, but he sure looks like a guy trying really hard to "show" the coaching staff he's thinking about all of the things they are trying to get him to do. Looks forced, instead of instinctive....not a good thing for a goalie, no?

Well the only way to make those things instinctive is to play.

The more he plays the more comfortable he'll get.

Dragonfruit would tell you +/- is completelyyy irrelevant and Edler is the best :)

don't put words in my mouth please didn't say he was the best just saying plus/minus isn't the stat that determines how well a player plays defensively and pointing out the fact none of the 4 Edler Bieksa Hamhuis or Garrison have played great the last few years at this point all of them should be trade the d-core should be blown apart

Just so you don't think it's only Edler, I think Schroeder has no business in the NHL either. He should go back to playing Mike Myers' clone.

ya i agree with that although he is only 23 so i wouldn't quite fully give up on Schroeder quite yet but it's close to where he will probably end up either in the East or AHL

don't put words in my mouth please didn't say he was the best just saying plus/minus isn't the stat that determines how well a player plays defensively and pointing out the fact none of the 4 Edler Bieksa Hamhuis or Garrison have played great the last few years at this point all of them should be trade the d-core should be blown apart

sorry

Yes, I am aware. But when the rookie is carrying the veteran on his line, it's time to think about giving him an upgrade.

well its easier to beat a defender with a pass than it is to beat a goalie with a shot ... and kassian is piling up assists because his line mates are scoring goals...i think the third line for the most part have been doing a pretty good job ..kassian has never looked better and its with the line mates he has now so why switch it up?

Archived