The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT]-Edmonton-04/12/14

The Stork

There is a difference between not playing as good as you can be ( Hamhuis, Garrison ) and being completely detrimental to the team ( Edler ) . The amount of mistakes that lead to goals or getting walked around by opposing forwards has been glaring with Edler for years now. Go back and look at some of the threads about Edler from the last few years and we always heard " He's young, he will get better " or " look at how many points he gets " . I dont think anyone will deny that he has a hard shot and once a game or every 2nd game he will throw a big hit but that is not enough to justify how bad his play has been.

the entire d-core has been causing goals against not just 1 player the minus 38 makes him an easy target but nobody has played well out of Garrison Edler Hamhuis and Bieksa i am not saying Edler hasn't been bad this season just saying nobody on the d-core has been outstanding enough to warrant staying next season

Not necessarily, I'm happy to play nice. But, if you've got some overwhelming case to backup your evaluation of Kass vs. Richie, in proper context, I'm all eyes.

I'll double up by saying that there is no reason that Kassian and Richardson should be playing together on the same line. That doesn't compromise one's performance vs. the other. To the contrary, they, and Booth, have been our best two-way line for the last month. Slagging one versus the other, however, was wrong on your part. And, Richie isn't a 13th forward, by any reasonable measure. In fact, he has saved our a**es this year from making this whole thing worse.

My Goodness....good on you Ryan....

Archived