The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDSF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs (4) Minnesota Wild

Who will win the series?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What a terrible play by Hejda on that goal. Just pitiful. Hit him for god's sakes. Or at least do something. Varly bailed them out all game and they can't even help him out that once. Annoying. Have to come out with a better effort next game and split the offense up a little bit.

Edit: Get Pap off the second line and preferably right off the team. Are the Canucks interested in a soft defensively-poor supposed top 6 player who does a decent job picking up points of the backs of more talented players but really can't do anything else? You can have him.

Barrie out 4-6 weeks? There are no words for how much I want Cooke's head on a pike right now.

Really hope we can end this in 5 and Yeo gets fired. I have a very hard time believing this isn't exactly the kind of thing he was hoping Cooke would do. They were playing crazy well and in complete control of the game but he had them gooning it up and trying to injure everyone anyways. Ridiculous and so unnecessary.

That game was awesome. Great goaltending by Varlamov. The rest of the Avs barely even showed up today. Granlund nailed it with a beauty effort in OT.

I would like to see the Avs move to the second round, but if Minny plays like this for the rest of the series there is no chance of that.

Cooke. What the HELL? Brutal knee. Just brutal. He should be suspended for the duration. The refs called a pretty fair game overall, except for that really tough call on the [non] tip that should have been a penalty, but how that wasn't a major on Cooke I don't even know. Don't give me that "it's the playoffs" crap and say a major would be too much. Would have been just in my eyes.

Great game by the rest of the Wild though for the most part, and a well deserved win for sure.

Congrats to Matt Cooke on playing in his 100th career NHL Stanley Cup playoff game.

Matt Cooke sure doesn't like to make things easy for himself.

Cooke. What the HELL? Brutal knee. Just brutal. He should be suspended for the duration. The refs called a pretty fair game overall, except for that really tough call on the [non] tip that should have been a penalty, but how that wasn't a major on Cooke I don't even know. Don't give me that "it's the playoffs" crap and say a major would be too much. Would have been just in my eyes.

Congrats to the Cookie Monster but definitely agree with b3, Green Building and many others.

He has played pretty well all season without any major incidents (iirc) and all of a sudden he needs to resort back to his old ways? The "it's the playoffs" mentality doesn't constitute playing this way. Yes, shutting down the opposition is key but not to this extent.

Was really rooting for Cooke to have a solid season without any negatives but clearly that isn't the case... <_<

(Not expecting the League to go easy on him... but that is the repercussion of a poor decision...)

Congrats to the Cookie Monster but definitely agree with b3, Green Building and many others.

He has played pretty well all season without any major incidents (iirc) and all of a sudden he needs to resort back to his old ways? The "it's the playoffs" mentality doesn't constitute playing this way. Yes, shutting down the opposition is key but not to this extent.

Was really rooting for Cooke to have a solid season without any negatives but clearly that isn't the case... <_<

(Not expecting the League to go easy on him... but that is the repercussion of a poor decision...)

Yeah I can't remember hearing his name in any negative light this season. Could be wrong though. He has had a few iffy incidents since claiming to turn over a new leaf in Pitts, but they are definitely way more infrequent. Unfortunately, this one is just bad.

Ferraro said it best when looking at the slow motion replay when calling out Cooke for trying to cut and make the hit body to body, failing miserably, and leading hard with the knee. You just can't cut inside at that speed and still lead with the shoulder.

Cooke should be done for the playoffs at minimum, some of next season too if the Wild do not make it out of the first round. Even if people want to give Cooke the benefit of the doubt on that play, his history is too rich with incident to warrant anything less than a punch on the wrist.

edit: the Karlsson skate cut was the last "I'm not so sure what he was thinking play" that comes to mind, I think the last suspension was his hit from behind several years ago.

Matt Cooke has been offered an in-person hearing for his knee on Tyson Barrie. That means he could be suspended longer than six games.

Thats really stupid it was more accidental and carless than anything

Cooke is a good guy he used to be great with canucks and really should be back next game

Archived