The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolaj Ehlers

S N Y P E R S 7

That's fine that is your opinion but it doesn't make Ritchie a bad prospect without skill.

Ritchie certainly has first line potential if he has the right line mates.

Is Krejci a true 1st line centre? Probably not.

Yes I would say he is.

69 points in 80 games this year.

33 in 47 last year.

And 62 the prior 2 season in 79 & 75 games.

IMO its him or Kapanen we should draft. We don't need Ritchie.

Ritchie my 3rd choice but I agree.

If none of the top 5 fall either Kapanen or Ehlers is the guy I want.

MacKinnon was 20lbs heavier in his draft year. That's significant. Even 10 pounds is significant. Consider the fact that skinny guys usually remain skinny. That's important. That's a big risk to consider.

Afinogenov and Filatov are certainly better comparisons to Ehlers than Pavel Bure, wouldn't you say?

Ehlers is a perimeter player. Constantly keeps to the outside because there is more fear the further inside he's in. It's typical for prospects like him. Bure was fearless. He was also way faster. If we want to compare the speed alone of said player anyway, then Afinogenov and Filatov are fine comparisons.

Speed alone is a fine comparison with Afinogenov, nothing else though.

Ehlers skating ability really compares to P.Kane more than a perimeter player like Raymond.

MacKinnon was around 175. Ehlers at the beginning of the year was like 160, but at the combine I think he will be around 170.

Yes I would say he is.

69 points in 80 games this year.

33 in 47 last year.

And 62 the prior 2 season in 79 & 75 games.

It wasn't my intent to talk him down but he's not in that elite 1st line centre conversation, if he is. He's good but he's not a superstar. The Sedins could get 65 points next year and everyone would say they are 2nd liners….. so it's a matter of opinion.

I was just trying to make the point that a top 6 can be made up in different ways.

For all we know, Cassels could have the same career with the right line mates.

Kay, I've been biding my time watching, listening to this Ehelers cfap. He's a light weight compared to Bure who tied weights to his legs like his Olympic father. Is there anything to prove that he has Pavel qual or is he just another pastable Dane?

Bottom line with a player like this how intelligent is he? That will determine his worth.

Does anyone have any actual knowledge about this?

It wasn't my intent to talk him down but he's not in that elite 1st line centre conversation, if he is. He's good but he's not a superstar. The Sedins could get 65 points next year and everyone would say they are 2nd liners….. so it's a matter of opinion.

I was just trying to make the point that a top 6 can be made up in different ways.

For all we know, Cassels could have the same career with the right line mates.

Elite no, Elite to me is like 80+ points.

1st line production to me is 60+ though.

And I would put 2nd line production at 40+.

Scoring in the league is really down, I think people need to adjust there expectation for players & and evaluations of what makes 1st/2nd/3rd liners to that.

65 next year wouldn't be too bad, 1st line production. I just hope they don't have another set of 40 point seasons. That would signal that they really are 2nd liners now & it wasn't just a down year.

And to your point I agree, many would say Morrison back in the day wasn't a true first liner. But still had a ton of success. Cassels could be someone like that.

He seems to be doing well with that fat so let him be fat all he wants

I hate double quote but I know where he is coming from. Do you think a 235 lb kid might be too big at this point in time or does register at all with you. Fat kids are easy to beat. You know what I mean?

Just wondering what you think?

I hate double quote but I know where he is coming from. Do you think a 235 lb kid might be too big at this point in time or does register at all with you. Fat kids are easy to beat. You know what I mean?

Just wondering what you think?

as long as it doesn't affect his performance, I don't see anything wrong with it. He seems to be a decent skater as well so there's no problem.

But yea he's probably got a bit of fat tucked in there

Ehlers has the potential to be a star, top 6 guy - that being said we need versatility.

Ehlers wouldn't be able to battle it out with third line minutes - which is EXACTLY what this organization wants. Ritchie could go up and down the lineup, our coaches AV and Torts have all expressed the need for depth scoring from all lines.

A versatile player who can score from all four lines is what the doctor ordered this time.

Ehlers has star potential.

He wouldn't want to be switched around with different linemates, he wants chemistry and the chemistry to stick.

On our team, players go up and down the lineup, the instability of the team is just too much.

We may need to a guy less skilled, but who has the ability to make an impact from any line he's on.

That's just the way this division works, sadly.

Really it all depends on what direction Linden intends to go in. If we can actually create a spot for him to play like Hertl than great. This MG moneyball motto has left us wondering.

Also just because TL is rumored to be going big an though in his own vein, which is the right thing to do, it doesn't mean he's not going to take BPA first pick either.

I trust Trev, we are going to have a direction for a change coming out of the summer.

That can be fixed.

Stupid can't.

Stupid can be fixed if one simply learns.

There's no doubt that Ritchie is overweight. He might be one of those powerfoward types that doesn't quite cut the cheese at the NHL level.

Virtanen seems to be better at everything.

Stupid can be fixed if one simply learns.

There's no doubt that Ritchie is overweight. He might be one of those powerfoward types that doesn't quite cut the cheese at the NHL level.

Virtanen seems to be better at everything.

Only area of the game of hockey that Virtanen seems to be better than Ritchie at is straight ahead speed.

Straight ahead speed = Speed.

Doesn't take as many dumb penalties either and shows up in tourney games.

While Shinkaruk makes Ehlers and the like redundant, Kassian makes Ritchie redundant.

This made me laugh.

He showed up in a tournament Ritchie isn't even eligible for and its somehow an advantage in a Virtanen/Ritchie debate?

Alright you've found another area, Ritchie takes bad penalties here & there. Virtanen doesn't.

My point still stands. (And Ritchie isn't even one of my favorite options for this pick)

Straight ahead speed = Speed.

Doesn't take as many dumb penalties either and shows up in tourney games.

While Shinkaruk makes Ehlers and the like redundant, Kassian makes Ritchie redundant.

Such stupid logic....

Why can't you have two of a similar player? That's like saying Hossa is redundant as a top-6 RW because the Hawks already have Kane.

Archived