The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Temp GDT)Canucks vs Flames 6pm SNET-P

Watermelon

Hearing a lot of trash talk from Flames fans about the hit on Danny,

Let me just say this, if those punks were spewing that crap in my presence they'd be picking up their chicklets.

So tired of a Flames fans and their bull. They think whatever happens to the Canucks is karma for beating their sorry asses for 6 years.

More than any fan base I hate flames fans.

GO BACK TO THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS THREAD, I SAID I HOPE BOTH TEAMS ESCAPE INJURY FREE...WHY? Because I know that coach over there amd I know that team...I was worried for our players....

Looks like their coach's slimy ways are running rampant now....no accountability, no class.

Calgary fans who are anything but concerned need to go back to the rodeo and clean up cow crap. A true hockey fan NEVER wants to see a guy wheeled off on a stretcher. They're now on par with the Boston Booers.

Yep, they're idiots. I NEVER check other fan forums but just did...what a lowlife bunch of hicks. And I love the one guy on page 3 calling out our fanbase for being bandwagoners/not showing up. Page 3 - the last page in their GDT. Shoot for the stars, Flames.

Looks like their coach's slimy ways are running rampant now....no accountability, no class.

Calgary fans who are anything but concerned need to go back to the rodeo and clean up cow crap.

Or maybe next time their city floods we can withhold people on our provincial payroll from going over the mountains to pitch in.

With regards to Kristen Odland, that was a most unfortunate Tweet and I'm sure she regretted it moments after making it. What is far more embarrassing is the complete lack of class shown by all those that responded with vulgar insults and just vile statements (sadly some of them posted right in this topic). So many of those that took offense to the statement sunk themselves to a far worse level than she did. I've read so many similar statements to hers on this very board by Canuck fans (think Steve Moore) and to see the reaction on Twitter just saddens me. It reminds me that unfortunately there is always a certain type of fan that goes along with cheering for any team. I join with everyone in the hopes that Daniel is going to be alright and sincerely hope that those resorting to personal attacks and ugly behaviour will remember that we are all Canucks and we need to be better than that.

-E

With regards to Kristen Odland, that was a most unfortunate Tweet and I'm sure she regretted it moments after making it. What is far more embarrassing is the complete lack of class shown by all those that responded with vulgar insults and just vile statements (sadly some of them posted right in this topic). So many of those that took offense to the statement sunk themselves to a far worse level than she did. I've read so many similar statements to hers on this very board by Canuck fans (think Steve Moore) and to see the reaction on Twitter just saddens me. It reminds me that unfortunately there is always a certain type of fan that goes along with cheering for any team. I join with everyone in the hopes that Daniel is going to be alright and sincerely hope that those resorting to personal attacks and ugly behaviour will remember that we are all Canucks and we need to be better than that.

-E

Who waits 40 minutes to apologize if they felt bad seconds after Tweeting it? Probably got a call from her Boss who either had sense or was worried about more backlash.

-E

Well said brotha!

-E

sorry but

hired reporter making that comment is far worse

those death threats and other crap people tweet are nothing more than flexing the behind the internet screen muscle with zero consequence

she gets paid to do a job and posts crap like that after a player gets severely injured it's gutless and pathetic on her part and deserves the criticism did people take it too far year yup but that is the internet for you

‏@KristenOdlandCH

Clearly I hadn't seen the severity of the injury on Sedin or a proper replay of the hit Byron laid out. Sorry for offending. Hope he is OK.

Well, at least she apologized.

It's not about apologies...(I know you know that ) but this so called reporter is taking her editorial content straight off of CP....how can she call herself a journalist after that....???

From this day forward anytime anyone perpetuates a myth about the Canucks we should say thank you Kristen Odland.

-E

BigE said this best.

I've erased many statements from this thread that were absolutely disgusting, classless, vile, sexist, and embarrassing. Unfortunately I can't remove similar comments from twitter etc. I've permanently banned one user and will be sending warnings to many others. I'm incredibly disappointed that so many of you lowered yourselves to that level.

It doesn't matter what Odland said, there's no excuse for what was said in response here. As BigE said, we need to be better than that.

Archived