The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Here's What Shinkaruk did on One Hip

BureisBest

I wonder how it will all play out this year, Shinkaruk better get given the 9 games, so that way he is 20 and we can send him to AHL instead of wasting him in the CHL for another year.

The 9 games have to be earned, if he has a bad camp, too bad.

That Black and Orange trimmed jersey looks fantastic.

Since Trev is a Medicine Hat alumnus, I'd love to see us use something like this as our third or alternate jersey.

The flying V would have been epic as an alternate jersey this past season...what Tiger Williams said many years ago -- "we're playing like clowns...now we're dressed like clowns" about the flying V jerseys would have been appropriate for the 2013-2014 Gillis and Tortorella-led circus act.

Back on topic...hopefully Shinkaruk is fully healed from his hip injury/surgery...we need a dynamic offensive player on this roster.

Ehlers is bigger and faster than Hunter is. Both have enormous skill sets and I would argue Shinkaruk is more aggressive.

I think the difference between them at the pro level will be their speed.

Ehlers is only 162 lbs while Hunter is 180 lbs, clearly Ehlers is NOT bigger. He might be a bit taller though as I've seen him listed at 6 feet.

Ehlers is bigger and faster than Hunter is. Both have enormous skill sets and I would argue Shinkaruk is more aggressive.

I think the difference between them at the pro level will be their speed.

But would you say its close? If Shinkaruk was drafted 24th does that mean he'd be ranked 6-10 this year if he was a year younger?

But would you say its close? If Shinkaruk was drafted 24th does that mean he'd be ranked 6-10 this year if he was a year younger?

Considering how deep the 2013 draft was and how highly ranked he was before dropping I'd say its all but certain. Shinkaruk is bigger and more aggressive. An 18 lbs difference at the same height is not close, despite what all the people with boners for Ehlers will say.

I still can't believe some of the people on here being skeptics on this kid. He is gonna be money for Van. 5 years time, everyone will have a Shinkaruk jersey. Book it! His attitude is what gets me. He seems to be more motivated than most people and way more motivated than our prospects. Reminds me of Marty St Louis in the sense that he won't lose his focus. He will keep plugging away til he makes it and his talent as seen with the video is great!!! I can see his attitude having a positive impact on the dressing room. Bring some joy to the game again for some other players in there!

I still can't believe some of the people on here being skeptics on this kid. He is gonna be money for Van. 5 years time, everyone will have a Shinkaruk jersey. Book it! His attitude is what gets me. He seems to be more motivated than most people and way more motivated than our prospects. Reminds me of Marty St Louis in the sense that he won't lose his focus. He will keep plugging away til he makes it and his talent as seen with the video is great!!! I can see his attitude having a positive impact on the dressing room. Bring some joy to the game again for some other players in there!

Yes. I love his attitude. He's the first prospect we've had in awhile who seems genuinely excited to be coming to Vancouver.

Archived