The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

My 2014 Canucks mock draft

TheRussianRocket.

You're being way to generous with the letter grades. And uhh unless you're in Crosby company, there's no such thing as a zero risk prospect.

Yeah, the grades are way off. Virtanen shouldn't even be a 5/5 either. He's more like a 4/5. All the scores are extremely high.

Nice job though.

I agree with you but i think Carolina will take Kapanen however.

How do people keep missing that connection?

Not really an accurate draft when the Islanders are going to likely give their 5th overall to Buffalo, they aren't going to pass up on the lottery for McDavid, and a stronger draft in all.

I don't think so. The Islanders would be stupid to trade a 5th overall for a 12th overall as the Islanders will certainly do far better next year. Only children would take a pick 7 picks lower so they have a 1% at winning the draft.

how is it that all these players have aplus ratings seems to me your a little bit over hyping guys as for our 6th pick i think we need to gamble on ehlers or hope dal cole is still around jake seems to be a guy that creates mostly off the rush by himself that may work in juniour or europe but not so much in the nhl when u have guys like webber and chara arounnd ehlers lit up the q as did nate playing along side drouin it cant be all drouins doing as we have seen how great nate has been. imagine a line of bo ehlers and hunter that being said i still think the nucks will have at least 2 first round picks maybe 3 if we trade kes to pit for pouliot sutter and there pick and package edler or garrison for anaheims 11th pick i think jake will stil be there at 11 if not there are several smaller kids that might be worth taking a chance on like kaapenan or ho sang chances are with the pitt trade if it happens were going to get 2 potential top 4 d prospects i say draft a goalie in the 2nd round thanks

I think that it will happen this way on draft day.

1. Sam Reinhart - Florida

2. Sam Bennett - Buffalo

3. Aaron Ekblad - Edmonton

4. Mike Dal Colle - Calgary

5. Nikolaj Ehlers - Islanders

6. LEON DRAISAITL??? - VANCOUVER

7. Will Nylander - Carolina

8. Brandon Perlini - Toronto

9. Jake Virtanen - Winnipeg

10. Nick Ritchie - Anaheim

One can only hope, but I'll be shocked if Ekblad is taken out of the top 3.

I think that it will happen this way on draft day.

1. Sam Reinhart - Florida

2. Sam Bennett - Buffalo

3. Aaron Ekblad - Edmonton

4. Mike Dal Colle - Calgary

5. Nikolaj Ehlers - Islanders

6. LEON DRAISAITL??? - VANCOUVER

7. Will Nylander - Carolina

8. Brandon Perlini - Toronto

9. Jake Virtanen - Winnipeg

10. Nick Ritchie - Anaheim

One can only hope, but I'll be shocked if Ekblad is taken out of the top 3.

Stick to WWE Kane. Ekblad goes to Flo Rida. Blow my whistle baby. I also think Edmonton takes a shot at Draisatl.

I think Scott Savage in the 6th or 7th round if he is still available will be an excellent choice, he is 19, 6'1 185 pounds strong defensive defensemen doing pretty good.

Axel Holmstrom was Nylander's teammate at the U18's and came 2nd in points behind Nylander but he does have talent. He had the most PPG in the SuperElit U18 against other draft picks like Vrana, Fiala, Kempe. Holmstrom had 38 points in 35 games and didn't play with any stars also was 2nd in points for his team.

Holmstrom has real talent but I think speed might be a bit of an issue, size definitely isn't an issue since he is 6 foot 196 pounds.

1. William Nylander

2. Nick Schmaltz

3. Ryan Donato

5. Axel Holmstorm

6. Tyler Nanne

7. Scott Savage

The Canucks probably have the toughest choice in the draft but that should be a luxury as well as there are going to be so many candidates available. If Leon Draisaitl drops out of the 3-5 spot and we end up picking him 6th I would be ecstatic because I think him and horvat could form a perfect pair of top six centers for the future. If he doesn't slide I hope that the Canucks take a riskier pick with Nick Ritchie who has had some injury history but there is no doubt that he would be the highest ranked player in this draft if it wasn't because of injury worries and missing games. This guy has the potential to become a franchise player and he could be very successful in Vancouver surrounded by solid leadership and solid prospects. Virtanen is not a number 6 overall pick in my mind because he has been playing with overagers and has had his points totals inflated all year.

My Mock Draft:

1. Florida - Aaron Ekblad

2. Buffalo - Sam Bennett

3. Edmonton - Sam Reinhart

4. Calgary - Micheal Dal Colle

5. New York - Nick Ritchie

6. Vancouver - Leon Draisaitl

7. Carolina - William Nylander

8. Toronto - Haydn Fleury

9. Winnipeg - Brendan Perlini

10. Anaheim - Jake Virtanen

11. Nashville - Alex Tuch

12. Phoenix - Kasperi Kapanen

13. Washington Capitals - Nikolaj Ehlers

14. Dallas Stars - Adrian Kempe

15. Detroit Red Wings - David Pastrnak

16. Columbus Blue Jackets - Jared McCann

17. Philladelphia Flyers - Anthony DeAngelo

18. New York Rangers - Ivan Barbashev

19. Minnesota Wild - Julius Honka

20. Los Angeles Kings - Dylan Larkin

21. Montreal Canadiens - Nikita Scherbak

22. Tampa Bay Lightning - Josh Ho-Sang

23. Chicago Blackhawks - Robert Fabbri

24. Pittsburgh Penguins - Brendan Lemieux

25. San Jose Sharks - Roland McKeown

26. St Louis Blues - Nick Schmaltz

27. Colorado Avalanche - Nikolaj Goldobin

28. Anaheim Ducks - Sonny Milano

29. Boston Bruins - John Quenneville

30. New Jersey Devils - Conner Bleakley

I would go as far as trading with NYI if Draisaitl is still on the board and they are picking.

To New York

1st Round Pick 2014 (6)

2nd Round Pick 2014

3rd Round Pick 2015

To Vancouver

1st Round Pick 2014 (5)

Draisaitl and Horvat down the middle = Kopitar and Patrice Bergeron (If everything works out extremely well)

3 picks to move up one spot? Is this real life?

Archived