Iphone 5s -

-Li-Po 1560 mAh battery

-CPU-Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cyclone

-8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels

-16/32/64 GB storage, 1 GB RAM DDR3

-fingerprint sensor

-dimensions-123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm

-weight- 112 g (3.95 oz)

so I don't know which phone to get. It seems like the samsung galaxy s5 is better in every category and is much more customizable. However, I find it a bit big for my liking and I like apple IOS much more. Also, the s5 looks a bit yuck while the 5s is sleek and beautiful. What should I do?

Well I think you already have your answer. You prefer the looks & feel of the 5s, so honestly you should go with your gut feeling. All the specs in the world won't do you much good if you don't enjoy carrying and using the phone. And honestly the differences in specs aren't night & day.

I've always been an iPhone guy. Had the 4, then got the 5, and I'm going to get the 6S or whatever is out next year when my 2yr with Telus expires. My phone does everything I want it to do so it's the perfect phone for me. I'm used to the layout and design of the phone and I don't want to have to adjust to another phones UI and app store.

Iphone 5S. I had the GalaxyS4 when it came out last summer and couldn't stand the size of it anymore. I've always found the Android OS to be clunky, yeah it's customizable but that's about it, and who really cares what color the background borders are or if the wallpaper is "live" or not.. I had the Galaxy phone for 6 months or so... Never been happier having switched back to iPhone.

Iphone 5S. I had the GalaxyS4 when it came out last summer and couldn't stand the size of it anymore. I've always found the Android OS to be clunky, yeah it's customizable but that's about it, and who really cares what color the background borders are or if the wallpaper is "live" or not.. I had the Galaxy phone for 6 months or so... Never been happier having switched back to iPhone.

I agree.. I had a similar experience with the S3, very large and chunky. I prefer iOS because it seems to be more fluid and straight forward whereas Android lags and has unnecessary things..

Well I think you already have your answer. You prefer the looks & feel of the 5s, so honestly you should go with your gut feeling. All the specs in the world won't do you much good if you don't enjoy carrying and using the phone. And honestly the differences in specs aren't night & day.

Yeah what good are features if you cant hold the phone and use it comfortably. I have an S4 and sure wouldnt want any bigger and I have big hands to start with.

Not sure why people always need the public's opinion on which phone they should get. Understandable if you're asking about problems, but it's your choice to make. Specs aren't everything in a phone.

Have you even looked at other droid phones or do you just assume the s5 is the only one? Do your research and figure out what's best for you.

I have an IPhone 5s for work, but I didn't pay for it (or get to choose another phone). Whether you think it's a great phone or not, I would never pay $700 for a bloody smartphone.

The Galaxy S5 is slightly cheaper, but there's a ton of great Android phones that are half the price of the 5s (like the Google Nexus 5 as one example)

People like to think that Apple is trendy hipster stuff, when in reality it's all overpriced and uncustomizable.

Getting peoples opinions is a reasonable form of research...

What could you possibly get through opinions on a board like this that you cannot from sites like this:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/galaxy-s5-vs-iphone-5s

Anyways, don't want to be a dyck but OP ... just make a decision for heaven's sakes. There are more important things in life than S5 or iphone 5.

What could you possibly get through opinions on a board like this that you cannot from sites like this:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/galaxy-s5-vs-iphone-5s

Anyways, don't want to be a dyck but OP ... just make a decision for heaven's sakes. There are more important things in life than S5 or iphone 5.

You make me seem like a rich snob. Yes, there are more important things in life but I work hard for my money. I just want to get opinions from others so I don't screw up on something I'll be using for the next 2-3 years

so happy that iPhone 6 is (supposedly) going to offer size options. This bizarre idea that phones need to keep getting bigger and bigger each year is annoying.

Not completely true with the Galaxy S series..

S3 dimensions 5.38 x 2.78 x 0.34 inches (136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm)

S4 dimensions 5.38 x 2.75 x 0.31 inches (136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm)

They actually made their phone smaller and lighter(not much but still)while they increased the display.

S3 weight + display - 4.69 oz (133 g) - 4.8 inches

S4 weight + display - 4.59 oz (130 g) - 5.0 inches

Dont know what the S5 specs are for size/weight etc as I own an S4 for another year and a few months and am happy with it so I had no need to know the S5 stuff.

Archived