The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Iphone 5s vs Samsung Galaxy s5

asian player

I'm biased since I have a note 2 but seriously, I made the switch from Apple to Samsung doing iPhone4 to Note II and have NEVER looked back, love it.

That being said if you have an apple household (computers, laptops, ipods etc) it makes sense to get an iPhone.

But seriously, make the switch. You'll never regret it

Not completely true with the Galaxy S series..

S3 dimensions 5.38 x 2.78 x 0.34 inches (136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm)

S4 dimensions 5.38 x 2.75 x 0.31 inches (136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm)

They actually made their phone smaller and lighter(not much but still)while they increased the display.

S3 weight + display - 4.69 oz (133 g) - 4.8 inches

S4 weight + display - 4.59 oz (130 g) - 5.0 inches

Dont know what the S5 specs are for size/weight etc as I own an S4 for another year and a few months and am happy with it so I had no need to know the S5 stuff.

samsung releases 40 phones a month under their various lines, so i certainly can't keep up with them all. but the S5 is bigger than the S4, only by a tiny bit.

but when i already don't like the size of the S4, and i won't like the rumoured 5.5 size of the new iPhone, i am glad that Apple is also offering a 4.7 version, which is (very marginally) smaller than the current iPhone, even.

i already own a tablet and a laptop. don't need a 5+ inch phone.

samsung releases 40 phones a month under their various lines, so i certainly can't keep up with them all. but the S5 is bigger than the S4, only by a tiny bit.

but when i already don't like the size of the S4, and i won't like the rumoured 5.5 size of the new iPhone, i am glad that Apple is also offering a 4.7 version, which is (very marginally) smaller than the current iPhone, even.

i already own a tablet and a laptop. don't need a 5+ inch phone.

This is also one of reasons why I don't like Samsung phones. They replace phones too quickly because they try to one up on Apple every time in order to stay relevant. How many phone versions do they have of the S-series or Galaxy series? I bought an S3 in November 2012 and already there has been multiple phones released...Literally takes the longevity of the phone out of question.

Makes me sick when I look at the product history of the Galaxy or S-Series phones because of all the variation. Where's the brand in all of this? Seems like they're just pumping out phones because they can..

http://www.cellsea.com/phones/lists/Samsung/48

Don't get me wrong Apple is guilty of this too, but at least their phones have more longevity as you can't really tell the difference from iPhone 4 and beyond. I have an iPhone 5 right now and it looks very similar to an iPhone 5S minus some cosmetic differences.

Also imo I have yet to see the same level of customer service offered from the other guys compared to Apple.

My iPhone 5 has the sleep issue and they will fix it for free or I could request store credit to buy the iPhone 5s for free or iPhone 6 when it comes out.

S4 > S5 > Iphone5

NEXUS phones >>>>>>>>>>>>> Note phones>>>S4, S5, Iphone 5

give me the vanilla android phone with no lag and no touch wiz with ability to easily root and customize. I like iOS on tablets but like android on phones.

I've been an iPhone guy forever just got the Google Nexus 5 similar to the Galaxy. I'm so happy with it. I love being able to download system emulators and Roms instead of just games through iTunes. As well as just being able to download music straight to it no iTunes involved. So many limits with IPhone

S5. I can't stand Apple. Iphones ain't bad phones, but the company sucks! I went from an Iphone to a Samsung. Never will go back to Apple.

Why does the company suck?

I have iphone 5 for a year and a half and its starting to ef up. Freezes and doesnt hang up when i press hang up. Startin to not like it

Would go with samsung or blackberry 10 next time

You might be in luck check the serial number of your iPhone 5 and if it has the sleep issue you could get store credit for the 5s and basically upgrade for free depending on the cosmetic condition of your phone.

I've been an iPhone guy forever just got the Google Nexus 5 similar to the Galaxy. I'm so happy with it. I love being able to download system emulators and Roms instead of just games through iTunes. As well as just being able to download music straight to it no iTunes involved. So many limits with IPhone

There is a thing called jail-breaking if your really interested in breaking the limits.. It's like rooting your phone like on Android. Long story short Android has copied many things and it pisses me off..

I have iphone 5 for a year and a half and its starting to ef up. Freezes and doesnt hang up when i press hang up. Startin to not like it

Would go with samsung or blackberry 10 next time

I don't think BlackBerry 10 is getting enough credit. I use a Z30 as my daily driver and I'm having no trouble with it. Yes, the app world is limiting sometimes, but with 10.2.1, Android apps can be installed without sideloading. I personally have not had to use an Android app, but most apps (except the ones that require Google services) seem to work well, like Netflix.

There is a thing called jail-breaking if your really interested in breaking the limits.. It's like rooting your phone like on Android. Long story short Android has copied many things and it pisses me off..

Does it enable you to bypass Itunes? Itunes is such a problematic program I consider it a virus and refuse to allow anyone to install it on my desktop.

Does it enable you to bypass Itunes? Itunes is such a problematic program I consider it a virus and refuse to allow anyone to install it on my desktop.

Yes you can actually and there are many 3rd party programs available as alternatives to iTunes. I personally don't understand why someone would hate it though? It seems to work well imo

http://mashable.com/2013/07/31/alternatives-to-itunes/

Yes you can actually and there are many 3rd party programs available as alternatives to iTunes. I personally don't understand why someone would hate it though? It seems to work well imo

Had it when I had an old Ipod years ago. It kept re-setting itself to auto-sync and erased the ipod on 3 separate occasions. It also kept making itself the default program for playback on the PC despite my attempts to get it to stop. I'm not computer illiterate, but I simply couldn't get itunes to play nice no matter what I did. It's also a giant pain in the rear to uninstall. I don't want to have to use ANY program to transfer files back and forth; android's ability to do it directly in windows explorer is absolutely essential.

Since I used to and still do have products with both companies I will say this:

Samsung wins with:

-Customer service

-customizing

-durability

-size (I prefer the bigger screen. I currently have an S4)

-innovation and advancement in tech

Apple leads in these fields:

-user friendly

-size (for those who prefer smaller. I thought it fair to put size in both Samsung and Apple)

-Brand power

I prefer Samsung phones also because I really dislike Apple computers, iTunes etc. With my Samsung I can set it up with any of my other computers, tv's and so on. Both brands need to find a better battery for the phones. I am sure there is a way without having to push massive price increases to consumers.

You are seriously listing customer service as a win for Samsung?

Apple is at the top. Replace your device with a brand new one on the spot, no questions asked. Heard many stories on how hard it is to get things fixed with Samsung. Durability, drop tests I've watched, the Galaxys have done worse than iPhone 5's.

Apples also been a huge reason for advancements and innovations we have today.

You are seriously listing customer service as a win for Samsung?

Apple is at the top. Replace your device with a brand new one on the spot, no questions asked. Heard many stories on how hard it is to get things fixed with Samsung. Durability, drop tests I've watched, the Galaxys have done worse than iPhone 5's.

Apples also been a huge reason for advancements and innovations we have today.

exactly.. I don't know why people are saying they have bad customer service. Its arguably the best. All my request for replacement or repairs have been free of charge and never denied, and now I can get basically upgrade to the iPhone 5s for free because of Apples policy of honouring older models.

Android and Samsung are thieves.

I have had nothing but great experiences with Samsung's customer service. Apple on the other hand not so much. So yes, I do rank Samsung as a better provider of service.

When it comes to durability, I have seen countless amounts of iPhones that are cracked, chipped, shattered etc. Never once have I seen that for Samsung. iPhones break, Samsungs last. I've dropped my Samsung a good 100 times in the year that I have owned it and it still runs perfectly. Two coworkers of mine hate their iPhones. Either the phone shuts itself off randomly, it freezes or it breaks easily.

Why does the company suck?

You might be in luck check the serial number of your iPhone 5 and if it has the sleep issue you could get store credit for the 5s and basically upgrade for free depending on the cosmetic condition of your phone.

My old iPhone was jail broken. Android is just better all around.

Archived