The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECF: (4) Montreal Canadiens vs (5) New York Rangers

Who will win the series?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:lol: No worries.

It's all a matter of opinion, but I actually think Maguire is better than Healy. His constant gushing about favorite players get annoying after a while, but not nearly as irritating as Heals' constant negativity.

Yea, and Healy's lack of knowledge for the game.

:lol: No worries.

It's all a matter of opinion, but I actually think Maguire is better than Healy. His constant gushing about favorite players get annoying after a while, but not nearly as irritating as Heals' constant negativity.

As much as Pierre is a smarmy, grating, 'wanna-be prima donna', Healy is a sycophantic, thoughtless tool .. he reminds me of a crow that caws incessantly while the whole world goes right past him

As much as Pierre is a smarmy, grating, 'wanna-be prima donna', Healy is a sycophantic, thoughtless tool .. he reminds me of a crow that caws incessantly while the whole world goes right past him

Pierre is kind of the Dick Vitale of hockey. he's actually quite knowledgeable, but his over the top enthusiasm overshadows his knowledge.

It's hard to take a guy seriously, when every above average play is a "monster" and he can't shut up about the "double Dion", but Pierre really does know his stuff.

Healy is nothing but an opinionated mouthpiece, who only has something to say when one of his non-favorite teams does something worth criticizing, or when an owner does the same.

I'm pulling for the Rangers against the Habs, but listening to Healy's one-sided "opinions" IMO, would be much worse than listening to Maguire praising Subban endlessly for his kissing ability.

Pierre is kind of the Dick Vitale of hockey. he's actually quite knowledgeable, but his over the top enthusiasm overshadows his knowledge.

It's hard to take a guy seriously, when every above average play is a "monster" and he can't shut up about the "double Dion", but Pierre really does know his stuff.

Healy is nothing but an opinionated mouthpiece, who only has something to say when one of his non-favorite teams does something worth criticizing, or when an owner does the same.

I'm pulling for the Rangers against the Habs, but listening to Healy's one-sided "opinions" IMO, would be much worse than listening to Maguire praising Subban endlessly for his kissing ability.

What a bloody choice .. I prefer to watch the game with Warren Zevon drowning em all out ..

Let's hope this is the last time we have to endure Saturday morning playoff hockey when a Canadian team is involved just because the Murikans prefer it that way. I'd like to think the $5.2 billion that Rogers just shelled out for broadcast rights at least buys Canadians their traditional Saturday night hockey game again come next years playoffs.

Not what I expected ... maybe Montreal thought that they already won the SC after beating the big bad Bruins.

Nothing left in the tank.

It doesn't happen often, but the TSN "panel" (can't remember which one) actually made a good point about this yesterday:

Against Boston, the Habs had an adversary they could build up a healthy dislike for. There is a long-standing rivalry, a history of hatred and a "bully" that needed standing up to.

Now they're facing a team with almost no-one wearing a "black hat". (Boyle probably comes closest) Alain Vigneault is an easy-going, calm presence and the Rags have players like Richards, St. Louis, Nash, Lundqvist and McDonagh, a far cry from Marchand, Lucic, Thornton and Chara.

This time around, Montreal looks like the bad guys and they're going to have to find some other way to generate motivation against NYC.

Reminds me of game 7 between Vancouver/Boston. Luongo let in all those goals and got the blame. Price let in all those goals too but the team did not play well in front of him, the same way ALL the Canucks did not play well that night.

Guest Dasein

AV had his troops pumped up and ready to go. NY is fast and has some good skill.

They kind of play like the 2011 Canucks...

So does MTL but I think they had a letdown emotionally after a game 7 vs Boston and wasn't prepared mentally for game 1 vs New York.

Archived