The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECF: (4) Montreal Canadiens vs (5) New York Rangers

Who will win the series?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lets take a moment to realize how stupid Gauthier was in trading McDonagh:

McDonagh - Subban

Markov - Gorges

Emelin - Weaver

That could arguably be the most well-rounded defence in the NHL, then you have guys like Beaulieu, Bouillon, and Murray for depth.

Lets take a moment to realize how stupid Gauthier was in trading McDonagh:

McDonagh - Subban

Markov - Gorges

Emelin - Weaver

That could arguably be the most well-rounded defence in the NHL, then you have guys like Beaulieu, Bouillon, and Murray for depth.

To clarify, did Gauthier really swing this horrible move? Was Gainey involved in this debacle too?

I'm still wondering if there was any hang-over affect from over-celebratin' after the Game 7 win in BOS. I want some intel leaked to know if this was a possibility or not. But, I guess that would just be water...or some other substance...under the bridge anyway. Just set this ship to right again & keep the eyes on the prize. Do all of the textbook things well & good....then ramp-it-up from there! GO Habs GO!

For me, all Canadian teams come first.

Except for the Flames and the Oilers of course.

Oh come on, Flames has been in such a drought since 2009, as for Oilers I think they're doing it on purpose.

will i ever see a canadian team hoisting the stanley cup or is that too much to ask?

Probably not. The majority of the best players and best management staff prefer to play in the States.

It's an American tradition now...

Goaltender Carey Price tested a suspected knee injury briefly ahead of an optional practice on Sunday, but his fitness for Game 2 of the NHL Eastern Conference final remains in doubt.

Price went on the ice with goaltending coach Stephane Waite for about five minutes, mostly moving side to side in the crease. Then they left the ice.

There was no immediate word on his condition from the team.

Price was hurt at 3:15 of the second period

Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price tested a suspected knee injury briefly ahead of an optional practice on Sunday, but his fitness for Game 2 of the NHL Eastern Conference final remains in doubt.

Price went on the ice with goaltending coach Stephane Waite for about five minutes, mostly moving side to side in the crease. Then they left the ice.

Coach Michel Therrien could not confirm that Price will be able to play in Game 2 of the best-of-seven series on Monday night at the Bell Centre. He said they would know on Monday if he can play.

"Today was an optional practice," said Therrien. "It was a therapy day for Carey. We'll see if he's able to play."

Collision with Kreider

Price was hurt at 3:15 of the second period of a 7-2 loss to New York in the series opener on Saturday when Rangers forward Chris Kreider crashed into him skates-first after missing the net on a breakaway.

Price lay on the ice for a while and appeared to injure his right knee, but got up and stayed in the game.

After giving up two goals late in the period, he was replaced by backup Peter Budaj for the third frame.

Forward Brandon Prust said Kreider ran into Price "accidentally on purpose."

Therrien agreed.

"I reviewed the incident," he said. "Obviously, it was an accidental contact, but let's put it this way, he didn't make much effort to avoid the contact.

"I'm sure the intention of the player was not to hit the goalie, but you have to try to do everything in your power to avoid contact and it's tough to say if he tried everything to avoid that contact."

Price's place was taken by third-string goalie Dustin Tokarski for the practice. Forwards Tomas Plekanec and Lars Eller and defencemen P.K. Subban and Josh Gorges opted not to skate.

of a 7-2 loss to New York in the series opener on Saturday when Rangers forward Chris Kreider crashed into him skates-first after missing the net on a breakaway.

Price lay on the ice for a while and appeared to injure his right knee, but got up and stayed in the game.

After giving up two goals late in the period, he was replaced by backup Peter Budaj for the third frame.

His place was taken by third-string goalie Dustin Tokarski for the practice. Forwards Tomas Plekanec and Lars Eller and defencemen P.K. Subban and Josh Gorges opted not to skate.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/carey-price-s-status-uncertain-for-game-2-1.2646806

Not good.

I think the Rangers will be inspired by Mrs St Louis funeral....and take the next game,putting the Habs in a hole....After the emotion of the series,the Habs are going to have to try and manufacture the same intensity against the Rangers...My prediction for the finals are NYR-CHI...

I did not catch this game...dafuq happened??

Was 2-1, then Price got hurt late in the 2nd and he stayed in the rest of the period letting in two goals at the end of the 2nd because he could barely move after the injury. Then Budaj came in to the third and does his usual thing and let in 3 goals.

Archived