The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECF: (4) Montreal Canadiens vs (5) New York Rangers

Who will win the series?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What is to stop a playing from steamrolling the goalie, exactly? It's happened before, it'll happen again. Lucic, Tootoo, Brown on Luongo, and Kreider instantly come to mind of players who ran the goalie because they were "taking the puck to the net", because they were "going hard to the net", as if that gives them the right. Kreider performed a baseball slide and baseball slides are done intentionally. After watching this and coming to the conclusion he probably had done it on purpose, only then I learned he has done this throughout the season several times, most recently being against Fleury, and the intent there was blatantly obvious. You can argue it wasn't intent if it happened once, but when it happens several times.... It's like trying to argue Matt Cooke didn't mean to dish out cheap shots when he's done it about a dozen times during his career.

I watched it and came to the conclusion that it was an accident, as did most experts not affiliated with the Habs.

The thing keeping Kreider from running the goalie any time he wants is the rules. It's agianst the rules to run into the goalie, unless forced into it by a defender, which Kreider was in both the Price and Fleury collisions.

And I alreay pointed out that players who take the puck to the net are more likely to be involved in such collisons, hence the claims from the uninformed of his being a "repeat offender".

If the US-based team lost a 'tender(like Lundquist) this would be a serious infraction.

Remember Byuf-Butt sitting on Luongo, while shoveling pucks in the net.

I suppose it had been a while since a conspiracy theory showed up...

Yes ages..Have faith in Bettman, like he's Big Brother. "War IS peace; freedom is slavery; etc..."

I'm not sure what you're saying here...

Are you suggesting that there was no call on the play because Price plays on a Canadian team?

What exactly is Price's injury. If it's just a "sore leg" that's pretty weak. Hockey players have to play through that sort of thing. Bergeron played with a punctured lung

Did you see the play? Looks to be quite a serious injury. I think it's a little late to question price's determination.

Did you see the play? Looks to be quite a serious injury. I think it's a little late to question price's determination.

Yea I have no clue what the injury is, but goalies tend to be the softest of the bunch. If he tore his mcl or something then yea that makes sense. I just wonder why they haven't told us the extent of the injury yet

Yea I have no clue what the injury is, but goalies tend to be the softest of the bunch. If he tore his mcl or something then yea that makes sense. I just wonder why they haven't told us the extent of the injury yet

Well, they don't tend to do that in the NHL playoffs. They just don't share these things. Goalies aren't protected, are vulnerable, and have to be able to move a lot more than normal players.

Well, they don't tend to do that in the NHL playoffs. They just don't share these things. Goalies aren't protected, are vulnerable, and have to be able to move a lot more than normal players.

Goalies have it pretty good actually.They aren't getting stapled to the boards every shift like Defencemen.

Goalies have it pretty good actually.They aren't getting stapled to the boards every shift like Defencemen.

It's completely different taking an expected hit into the boards on your feet that you're prepared for. D get injured a lot too. Goalies are always in odd vulnerable positions and getting constantly ran over out of the blue completely unexpected. They are supposed to not get hit.

b/c it's playoffs. The dreaded "lower body injury"

Archived