The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will Benning draft?

Tangerines

Benning will likely draft Virtanen, pending any issues with his injury. He has the best shot in the draft, and if you look at team needs, an elite shooter, especially one with size, speed and grit, would be nice. There are better all around players, but it's no good choosing someone in a weak draft that doesn't fulfill the team needs. The Twins would have far more points in their careers if they had an elite shooter to play with. They have basically MADE stars out of mediocre offensive talent. It would be nice if they could finish their careers with a real finisher.

This would be a scenario that I would be happy with. Kesler is traded to Anaheim for Shea Theodore, the 10th pick and the 24th pick in this years draft.

I really want Vancouver to get into the top 5 if they know that all of the players currently ranked to go in that range will not drop and would not be available for the 6th pick. The team that is the most likely trading partner would be the New York Islanders. The Islanders already have tons of prospects so they can afford to move down the draft in order to gain a roster player that could help the NHL club next year (especially now that they have decided to retain their 2014 pick and send their 2015 first round pick to Buffalo) . Jannik Hansen and the 6th selection to move up one spot, add a third if needed.

#5 - Draisaitl/Bennett/Dal Colle

#10 - Virtanen/Fleury/Nylander

#24 - Fabbri/McKeown

#36 - Sanheim/Pettersson/Glover/Lemieux

F: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Fabbri, Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Jensen, Kassian, Fox, Cassels, Grenier

D: Corrado, Theodore, Subban, Cederholm, Hutton, McNally, Sanheim

it amazes me that thats all you say and you get 25 reputation points...

Because theres 18 thousand threads all this and theres no point in saying it'll be "Virtanen/Ehlers/Ritchie/Nylander/Dal Colle because thats who I like best."

I'm glad we have Benning running things. This is a good hire by Linden. I wonder who his first ever selection as the Canucks GM will be in this years draft. It will be a defining moment for sure.

Gillis drafted Hodgson. Who do you guys think Benning will draft? What kind of player will JB select to start this rebuild/retool? Will he take the Boston approach?

Also which other players do you think he is targeting throughout the whole draft. We have been speculating ourselves whom would be the best choice for this team moving forward, but what kind of players is JB looking for? Plus does the future coach and his style play into this at all? Are our core players safe?

hodgson worked out... where is kyle beach right now, good choice by gillis because we still have kassian...

This would be a scenario that I would be happy with. Kesler is traded to Anaheim for Shea Theodore, the 10th pick and the 24th pick in this years draft.

I really want Vancouver to get into the top 5 if they know that all of the players currently ranked to go in that range will not drop and would not be available for the 6th pick. The team that is the most likely trading partner would be the New York Islanders. The Islanders already have tons of prospects so they can afford to move down the draft in order to gain a roster player that could help the NHL club next year (especially now that they have decided to retain their 2014 pick and send their 2015 first round pick to Buffalo) . Jannik Hansen and the 6th selection to move up one spot, add a third if needed.

#5 - Draisaitl/Bennett/Dal Colle

#10 - Virtanen/Fleury/Nylander

#24 - Fabbri/McKeown

#36 - Sanheim/Pettersson/Glover/Lemieux

F: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Fabbri, Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Jensen, Kassian, Fox, Cassels, Grenier

D: Corrado, Theodore, Subban, Cederholm, Hutton, McNally, Sanheim

Fabbri at 24? I think he will be gone before that.

Benning or Linden will draft a hometown boy ! or BPA canadian. the Anaheim deal will never go through bad luck trading in ur down division.. im wondering if Van well package a player or 2 for DP's and prospects. nd a roster player. half of CDC are on Crack with your fantacy trades.. im from BC and love the canucks... Mike Gillis is a village"' IDIOT "" drafted shitty traded horrible !! gave out NMC and NTC like they r going out of style.. ive only agreed with 2 trades he made. and he signed bums and as Beens...

Is there any prospect that has the passing/vision that could come close to a Sedin?....I think we'll need a really high quality playmaker after the Sedins are done.

Sam Reinhart, William Nylander and Leon Draisaitl are all excellent playmakers, but Reinhart will definitely be gone by the 6th pick. With the recent rumors of Toronto's offer for the 1st overall, it seems unlikely we could match that to trade up for him. At least one of Draisaitl or Nylander will be available when we pick. Draisaitl's game is aesthetically the closest to a Sedin. He's not a fast skater by any means, but slows the game down to his level and sees the ice incredibly well. Nylander, on the other hand, has explosive speed and slick moves. He also has great vision, but some times tries one too many moves and creates turnovers. You could probably throw Nikolaj Ehlers in the mix too. Can't really go wrong with any of em

Archived