The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposals] Possible Kesler Destinations

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've seen a bunch of people with Kesler proposals and thought I'd do the same. These are my first proposals so give me some criticism, I'd be better off learning. So here's some possibilities where Kesler could end up.

To ANA: Ryan Kesler

To VAN: Emerson Etem, 10th ovr pick,

Anaheim gets their player they want while we get younger with Etem and a 10th in which we could draft Ehlers. Etem and Shinkaruk would get re-united.

To PIT: Ryan Kesler

To VAN: Derrick Pouliot, Beau Bennett,

We get young players in return for Kesler, a player they are missing, IMO. Pouliot and Cederholm are also back together.

To CHI: Ryan Kesler

To VAN: Teuvo Teravainen, Ryan Hartman, 2014 1st.

Chicago still lacks a second line center as Kesler is a big upgrade from Handzus. Kesler would obviously play with Kane.

To PHI: Ryan Kesler

To VAN: Scott Laughton, Braydon Shenn, 2014 1st.

We might be getting a lot back but we will be getting younger for sure while Kesler gets to go to his Eastern American team. Scott Laughton could also play with former teammate, Cassels.

To STL: Ryan Kesler

To Van: Ty Rattie, Magnus Paajarvi, 2014,2015 first.

I know it's not likely that the Blues are in for Kes, but the Blues add to their centre depth with Kes and Backes as a 1-2 punch.

To Det: Ryan Kesler

To Van: Anthony Mantha, Ryan Sproul, Marek Tvrdon

Kesler gets to go back home where it all started as we get 3 solid prospects back. Tvrdon might be a homer player and he's not Mantha but nevertheless, he is a future 3rd liner at best for us.

So what are your thoughts? Constructive Criticism will be helpful!

Phi said they wont give up Brayden Schenn so... Pitts Pouliot has got surgery so that lowers his stock a bit so add there 1st this year. Like the CHI trade but I don't want Kes to go there or there cup champs for 5 more years. And the ANA one id like to see something like this

To Van - 10th(take Virtanen),Etem, Thoedore

To ANA - Kesler, hansen

DET laughs at that deal and blocks Benning. You would be lucky to get him alone for Kesler

Plus add TBL as a option, see my proposal from earlier today on a deal people thought were good for Kesler to TBL

All the trades except for the 1st 2 are HORRENDOUS for the other teams. Out of the 2, I'd pick the Anaheim one. Then I'd do:

To Fla: Tanev, 6th and something else

To Van: 1st

Darft: Ekblad and Fleury

Jensen Horvat Kassian

Shink Gaunce Etem

Fleury Ekblad

All the trades except for the 1st 2 are HORRENDOUS for the other teams. Out of the 2, I'd pick the Anaheim one.

Nice, caps and bolded, horrendous. What would YOU add/subtract out of the other HORRENDOUS proposals?

Phi said they wont give up Brayden Schenn so... Pitts Pouliot has got surgery so that lowers his stock a bit so add there 1st this year. Like the CHI trade but I don't want Kes to go there or there cup champs for 5 more years. And the ANA one id like to see something like this

To ANA - Kesler, hansen

DET laughs at that deal and blocks Benning. You would be lucky to get him alone for Kesler

Plus add TBL as a option, see my proposal from earlier today on a deal people thought were good for Kesler to TBL

Yeah you're just the "trade proposal master" aren't you....

To ANA - Kesler, hansen

Nah, don't like to 'steal' proposals from others and add it to mine ;)

I think he'd be most happy to play at home.

Trading him to the west could be dangerous for us, especially with Anaheim. Although the trade speculations with Anaheim seem somewhat good both ways, we already somewhat have troubles with their team (Getzlaf, Perry, etc) and giving them another big body/hard worker seems to get pretty rough.

Nice, caps and bolded, horrendous. What would YOU add/subtract out of the other HORRENDOUS proposals?

Here u go...

To CHI: Ryan Kesler

To VAN: Teuvo Teravainen, Ryan Hartman, 2014 1st,

Chicago doesn't need any1 w/ Kane and Toews' contracts upcoming

To PHI: Ryan Kesler and 2nd

To VAN: Scott Laughton, 2014 1st.

To STL: Ryan Kesler

To Van: Ty Rattie, Magnus Paajarvi, 2014,2015 first.

Blues don't need him/they don't have any assets I'd want or they'd be willing to give up

To Det: Ryan Kesler

To Van: Ryan Sproul, Jurco, 1st

All the trades except for the 1st 2 are HORRENDOUS for the other teams. Out of the 2, I'd pick the Anaheim one. Then I'd do:

To Fla: Tanev, 6th and something else

To Van: 1st

Darft: Ekblad and Fleury

Jensen Horvat Kassian

Shink Gaunce Etem

Fleury Ekblad

I agree with this. Although I'd rather move almost anyone other then Tanev, we draft two defensemen so I'd be alright. Ekblad/Fleury. Two young defensemen coming into the league together and growing with chemistry. COULD be the next weber/suter or keith/seabrook (Not WILL be, could be.) I think Fleury is a little underrated and could be a great 1st pairing shutdown defense, while Ekblad becomes the puck moving offensive dman...

One team I haven't seen any proposals for moving Kesler to is Dallas, which surprises me a little, given that they could sorely use both a solid second-line center and a gritty, experienced veteran to compliment the young guns.

And although it's probably not his top choice, I could still see Ryan accepting a deal to go there, given that they appear to be on the upswing and have two of the premier young scorers in the game. How about:

To Dal: Ryan Kesler, 2014 2nd

To Van: Ryan Garbutt, Jamie Oleksiak or Brett Ritchie, 2014 1st (14th overall)

Garbutt is a hard-working, character RW for the 3rd or 4th line, and has shown that he can chip in offensively, so he seems to fit the Benning/Linden model to a tee. Oleksiak or Ritchie would be the big piece (in both senses), and of the two I would prefer Oleksiak, since our D prospect pool drops off pretty quickly, and is devoid of any absolutely massive guys (Oleksiak is listed as 6'7''). Having that second 1st rounder would be very nice too, in case Haydn Fleury or *gulp* Jake Virtanen still happen to be sitting around at that point. Van's 2nd is obviously to offset the 1st that Dallas would be losing.

Well, to be honest, I'm not experienced at making these proposals either, but unless I've missed something it seems fair to me. But fire away, if it's off-base.

Kesler's list of 6 teams are:

Anaheim

Chicago

Colorado

Detroit

Pittsburgh

Tampa Bay

source: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/story.html?id=9839348

If we can't get Pouliot and Bennett from Pittsburgh then I would look at a deal with Chicago involving Teuvo Teravainen and Brandon Saad. Maybe Kesler and a 2nd (36th overall) or a prospect of similar value for Teravainen and Saad?

Archived