The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quit being gullible, you are the problem with this team.

canuckster19

As a former mod I ask the mods to give me some leeway here as this needs to be said.

I honestly don't know what to say, our fanbase is the laughing stock of the NHL and the Kesler thread just proves it. You are all mindless lemmings doing the bidding of eastern media types who want nothing more than to see our team fail, you are part of the problem, and you don't even realize it. It's happened so many times before with players on this team. I'm 33 years old so I know a thing or two about the BS that happens with this team, quit being played like a fiddle because it's shamefully pathetic.

Whether or not there's a grain of truth somewhere in the point you are trying to make, I'd think that as a 'former mod' you'd realize there are a whole range of opinions and perspectives expressed on CDC. Attempting to pigeon-hole the entire fanbase as a 'bunch of mindless lemmings' is not only ironically small-minded (and suggests that you don't pay much attention around here), but it's also exceedingly arrogant. There are in fact plenty of people on these boards who are not spoon fed by eastern media and are highly critical of precisely the tendencies you are critical of.

Kesler himself is a more complicated individual than one that should simply be mindlessly and wholeheartedly supported or condemned - like the rest of us, he has his strengths, weaknesses, and contradictions. Some folks want to keep him, others want to see him dealt, for a whole range of reasons. With all due respect, as a 'former mod' I'd think you'd have a better grasp of the fact there are conflicting issues and opinions on these boards, particularly given that you're all of 33 years old.

I think I understand what's going on here. You think you are helping the situation. You think that because you've identified what you find wrong with a few people in this community that you are somehow qualified to stand above the hoi paloi and administer a little dose of "what they need".

The way you talk: "As a former mod", "a little tough love", "a whole world out there about to eat them alive". It suggests to nearly everyone who reads it that you think you're pretty special.

The truth is, you're just a dude on the internet, like the rest of us, who has an opinion on something. Flashing your credentials and talking in a paternalistic tone doean't add weight to your message, it exposes you as a self important dude on the internet. There are more than enough of those to go around.

No need to start a whole thread - as a former mod you ought to know that.

Exactly. I have no opinion on the Kesler rumours because I recognize them for what they are: just rumours.

Where is the OPs outrage about the rumours regarding the Aquilinis and whether they did or did not meddle when it came to the Tortorella hiring?

Not only that, but as far as rumours go, the "Kesler wants out" rumour is pretty mild. It's not like the Russian mafia rumours that were circulating around Bure and Mogilny when they were here.

It is common to turn on one another during times of change and strife. Here is a great idea....why don't we stop discounting our players trade value.....it is like shooting yourself in the foot.

NTC's do not make a player untradeable, they just mean that there has to be agreement. Management is going to keep those discussions behind closed doors but there are times when a comment by the player or the potential trade partner gets hit on by the media and once the cat is out of the bag, it's open season. Unfortunate but it happens.

Both Linden and Benning know that they have to make some changes to this team and have said that they are both on the same page with that. Linden has said that Kesler has some concerns but that does not mean that he asked to be traded. Linden stated that he will take note of Kes's concerns and address them one way or another.

I do think this is an exciting time to be a Canuck fan,....we now have a mangement team in place that will do their best to take the team to the next level. MG got us one step closer but we fell short so that has to be addressed otherwise Linden and Benning wouldn't be doing their job.

There is a lot of support by the fanbase for the appointment of Trevor Linden and his selection of Jim Benning as the GM so let's just let them do the job. Mike Gillis added a lot of players who can bolster our 3rd and 4th lines as well as adding some really good draft picks to build around. The job is no where near complete and bringing in someone new to keep things moving in the right direction is a smart move. There are going to be vets on this team that get traded for youth or for a different look and that is a good thing because we cannot stick with the same group that wasn't quite good enough or strong enough to put a Cup in Vancouver.

I am stoked about the upcoming draft this year because there are so many possible outcomes ....do we trade up or down or do we trade our pick and a vet for a 2nd line centre etc? Do we trade a vet for another 1st round pick? And then there is the selection of a new coach which will add a new look to the Canucks.

Let's all just enjoy the ride and embrace the changes that are inevitable.

If people have a problem with a little tough love, especially on a hockey board, they need to realize there is a whole world out there about to eat them alive.

Who the @#$%! are you to preach to anyone on these boards?

Unless you're talking to someone named Tiger Singh, you come across as a pompous twit who has symptoms of delusions of grandeur.

Who the @#$%! are you to preach to anyone on these boards?

Unless you're talking to someone named Tiger Singh, you come across as a pompous twit who has symptoms of delusions of grandeur.

You don't think I was prepared to get trashed on, I know full well what I'm getting into starting a controversial topic on CDC, if it gets people talking, then I have succeeded.

Whether or not there's a grain of truth somewhere in the point you are trying to make, I'd think that as a 'former mod' you'd realize there are a whole range of opinions and perspectives expressed on CDC. Attempting to pigeon-hole the entire fanbase as a 'bunch of mindless lemmings' is not only ironically small-minded (and suggests that you don't pay much attention around here), but it's also exceedingly arrogant. There are in fact plenty of people on these boards who are not spoon fed by eastern media and are highly critical of precisely the tendencies you are critical of.

Kesler himself is a more complicated individual than one that should simply be mindlessly and wholeheartedly supported or condemned - like the rest of us, he has his strengths, weaknesses, and contradictions. Some folks want to keep him, others want to see him dealt, for a whole range of reasons. With all due respect, as a 'former mod' I'd think you'd have a better grasp of the fact there are conflicting issues and opinions on these boards, particularly given that you're all of 33 years old.

I don't know what to say if you think my attack is on the entire fanbase.

It is common to turn on one another during times of change and strife. Here is a great idea....why don't we stop discounting our players trade value.....it is like shooting yourself in the foot.

NTC's do not make a player untradeable, they just mean that there has to be agreement. Management is going to keep those discussions behind closed doors but there are times when a comment by the player or the potential trade partner gets hit on by the media and once the cat is out of the bag, it's open season. Unfortunate but it happens.

Both Linden and Benning know that they have to make some changes to this team and have said that they are both on the same page with that. Linden has said that Kesler has some concerns but that does not mean that he asked to be traded. Linden stated that he will take note of Kes's concerns and address them one way or another.

I do think this is an exciting time to be a Canuck fan,....we now have a mangement team in place that will do their best to take the team to the next level. MG got us one step closer but we fell short so that has to be addressed otherwise Linden and Benning wouldn't be doing their job.

There is a lot of support by the fanbase for the appointment of Trevor Linden and his selection of Jim Benning as the GM so let's just let them do the job. Mike Gillis added a lot of players who can bolster our 3rd and 4th lines as well as adding some really good draft picks to build around. The job is no where near complete and bringing in someone new to keep things moving in the right direction is a smart move. There are going to be vets on this team that get traded for youth or for a different look and that is a good thing because we cannot stick with the same group that wasn't quite good enough or strong enough to put a Cup in Vancouver.

I am stoked about the upcoming draft this year because there are so many possible outcomes ....do we trade up or down or do we trade our pick and a vet for a 2nd line centre etc? Do we trade a vet for another 1st round pick? And then there is the selection of a new coach which will add a new look to the Canucks.

Let's all just enjoy the ride and embrace the changes that are inevitable.

Fan comments and what is posted in CDC does not affect players' trade value.

I don't know what to say if you think my attack is on the entire fanbase.

"I honestly don't know what to say, our fanbase is the laughing stock of the NHL and the Kesler thread just proves it. You are all mindless lemmings doing the bidding of eastern media types who want nothing more than to see our team fail, you are part of the problem, and you don't even realize it"

The bolded parts from your original post ie You are, you are all, our fanbase, these lump everyone together.

You don't think I was prepared to get trashed on, I know full well what I'm getting into starting a controversial topic on CDC, if it gets people talking, then I have succeeded.

Unless your intention was to get people talking about you and your inflated sense of self-importance (which would make you a troll), then you haven't succeeded at all.

Ok but they arent talking about the 'rumormongering' . They are talking about the wisdom of your complaining.

As a former mod I ask the mods to give me some leeway here as this needs to be said.

When you ask what is wrong with this team, look at yourself first.

I've been reading the Kesler thread and I can't fathom why people are making up rumours to somehow justify trading him. I don't know personally whether that is the best move or not for this team, that's up to Jim Benning and Trevor Linden.

The thing is, when rumour mongers from other fanbases spread their lies in an attempt to create dissent between the Canucks fanbase and team itself, it somehow works. I can't think of any other sports franchise in North America where this occurs except maybe the Yankees. The difference is they actually win championships.

I honestly don't know what to say, our fanbase is the laughing stock of the NHL and the Kesler thread just proves it. You are all mindless lemmings doing the bidding of eastern media types who want nothing more than to see our team fail, you are part of the problem, and you don't even realize it. It's happened so many times before with players on this team. I'm 33 years old so I know a thing or two about the BS that happens with this team, quit being played like a fiddle because it's shamefully pathetic.

Support the team and it's players, and if they do end up leaving don't trash them on the way out. I'm deeply disappointed with the lack of courtesy towards this team on our boards. Yeah they had a bad year, try being a fan in the 80's or late 90s, you're spoiled little children who don't know any better, but there is hope. Support the Canucks, the players who we have, because who is going to want to play for us, if all we ever do is turn on them?

Trading Kesler could be what's best for this team if the return is a first round pick, top prospect and a roster player. I have no problem with van trading kes if Benning thinks it will make the team better. This is a stupid topic

Fan comments and what is posted in CDC does not affect players' trade value.

Point taken but it does encourage trash talking on here about a players value. Just look at how Bieksa was trashed on here last. It rolls of Bieksa's shoulders but another player(especially a rookie) might be bothered by it. It also feeds the press who blow a little comment out of context.

Point taken but it does encourage trash talking on here about a players value. Just look at how Bieksa was trashed on here last. It rolls of Bieksa's shoulders but another player(especially a rookie) might be bothered by it. It also feeds the press who blow a little comment out of context.

I guess I have some faith that scouts and GMs don't pay attention to that stuff.

Oh man no wonder I hate life whenever I visit CDC. I bet many fans on here will debate to the death like lawyers whether pharrell's song titled happy is a sad song. If the canucks were as defensive as their fans they would get 82 shutouts a year.

As a fan and former season ticket holder.

Kesler needs to be traded to maximize return and potential growth for this team moving forward

No rumour.

Fact

Thank you.

Kesler needs to be moved for the future benefit of this team. He is still a top two-way center in the league, but he isn't an elite offensive two-way player, like he was from 2009-2011. His line barely stays afloat in terms of GF and GA. You don't win Cups with a second line center than barely keeps his head above water.

Anyone who thinks Kesler should get first line duties is off their damn rocker. He just isn't that good anymore.

Thank you.

Kesler needs to be moved for the future benefit of this team. He is still a top two-way center in the league, but he isn't an elite offensive two-way player, like he was from 2009-2011. His line barely stays afloat in terms of GF and GA. You don't win Cups with a second line center than barely keeps his head above water.

Anyone who thinks Kesler should get first line duties is off their damn rocker. He just isn't that good anymore.

If you move him to the wing he could fit on the first line, prob is we are left with no second line. A trade is the best option because MG has left us with little options.

Kesler himself is a more complicated individual than one that should simply be mindlessly and wholeheartedly supported or condemned - like the rest of us, he has his strengths, weaknesses, and contradictions. Some folks want to keep him, others want to see him dealt, for a whole range of reasons. With all due respect, as a 'former mod' I'd think you'd have a better grasp of the fact there are conflicting issues and opinions on these boards,

We'll said. I think we should all spare this gentleman anymore tarnish. Whether you agree or disagree with him we should move on. His execution was terrible and if he feels upset that's on him. We finally have a really great tandem in management so I'm happy. I am a bit disappointed the mods didn't close this post for the way it was written not the msg itself. I think it makes the mods look bad in general but hey we are only human and we are entitled to be frustrated. This is a forum for discussion :) so all good either way.

Go Canucks go

Kesler himself is a more complicated individual than one that should simply be mindlessly and wholeheartedly supported or condemned - like the rest of us, he has his strengths, weaknesses, and contradictions. Some folks want to keep him, others want to see him dealt, for a whole range of reasons. With all due respect, as a 'former mod' I'd think you'd have a better grasp of the fact there are conflicting issues and opinions on these boards,

We'll said. I think we should all spare this gentleman anymore tarnish. Whether you agree or disagree with him we should move on. His execution was terrible and if he feels upset that's on him. We finally have a really great tandem in management so I'm happy. I am a bit disappointed the mods didn't close this post for the way it was written not the msg itself. I think it makes the mods look bad in general but hey we are only human and we are entitled to be frustrated. This is a forum for discussion :) so all good either way.

Go Canucks go

Archived