The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quit being gullible, you are the problem with this team.

canuckster19

I think my propaganda machine would have put a gentler spin on it, but I almost wish I said it myself!

That I most definitely agree with, I wish it was you who came forward with the thought.

...how is the OP actually getting flamed for what he said? Makes perfect sense to me.

What make sense:

1) The east is all about trying to report false claims about the Canucks to destroy the Canucks Team.

2) Until Kesler says he does not want to play for the team, it impossible he does not.

3) Every poster on this forum that has anything negative to say about a Canuck player is a problem for the teams future.

Just like the dislike of possible false claims the OP is venting about he is doing the same putting together false claims.

The only thing about his post that makes sense is the judgement of players and how unfair a good percentage of fans can be towards them, but this to be found in any fans base of any sport.

That I most definitely agree with, I wish it was you who came forward with the thought.

I seeee, especially after picking through a bit more of the thread. After re-reading I'll admit I kind of filled in some blanks based on the OP - It does seem like some posters are manufacturing emotional reasons to "break up" with Kesler along side the (in my opinion) very obvious 'Hockey Franchise' benefits of moving him along. That's what I was agreeing with anyways.

My take anyways!

Edit: Should be noted that perhaps it resonated with me after JUST reading people speculating about how Kesler has "lost respect with his teammates" and I'm pretty sure someone referenced stuff from his personal life.

I seeee, especially after picking through a bit more of the thread. After re-reading I'll admit I kind of filled in some blanks based on the OP - It does seem like some posters are manufacturing emotional reasons to "break up" with Kesler along side the (in my opinion) very obvious 'Hockey Franchise' benefits of moving him along. That's what I was agreeing with anyways.

My take anyways!

Agreed. My take was that there were so many different interpretations, discussions and blanket statements being tossed around, I wouldn't be able to swim in this poop without drowing.

I don't mind popping in every now and then though to say hello to certain posters though.

What make sense:

1) The east is all about trying to report false claims about the Canucks to destroy the Canucks Team.

2) Until Kesler says he does not want to play for the team, it impossible he does not.

3) Every poster on this forum that has anything negative to say about a Canuck player is a problem for the teams future.

Just like the dislike of possible false claims the OP is venting about he is doing the same putting together false claims.

The only thing about his post that makes sense is the judgement of players and how unfair a good percentage of fans can be towards them, but this to be found in any fans base of any sport.

1) Derren Dreger yes

2) To turn on him by making this assumption is sickening, which is what a lot of fans have already done

3) The collective negativity that is bred as a result of 1 and 2 is a problem, yes it is.

1) Derren Dreger yes

2) To turn on him by making this assumption is sickening, which is what a lot of fans have already done

3) The collective negativity that is bred as a result of 1 and 2 is a problem, yes it is.

3) And this Forum is what a small percentage of the actual Canucks fans ,so what negative comment happens on this forum has no effect on what happens to the Canucks. You really think, what is posted on this forum has any effect on the Canucks day to day operations. Talk about naive and self- worth.

I read this forum about once a week or more and the same handful of posters are always posting, so the actual percentage of actual canucks fans posting negative comments about the Canucks is so small that it unbelievable anyone would think any of these comments would have any effect on the team.

Now if you are concerned about the negative stories written by reporters outside this forum, then maybe there should be some concern. In most part players are unconcerned about all the hype around a teams fan base. For some players it a good thing coming to a hockey market where the fans are passionate about their team negative or positive( it shows they care).

So, let me get this straight....

1. The Eastern media hatches a plot to separate the Canucks from their best player, so they start a Kesler wants out rumor.

2. Kesler wants to stay, so he denies it publicly

3. After spending the offseason on CDC Kesler says to himself: : "Wait a sec, these fans are a$$holes! I DO want out!"

4.Coming off a highly successful 13-14 season, the Canucks lose Kesler, nose dive in the standings and miss the playoffs for the first time in.....oh wait

So, let me get this straight....

1. The Eastern media hatches a plot to separate the Canucks from their best player, so they start a Kesler wants out rumor.

2. Kesler wants to stay, so he denies it publicly

3. After spending the offseason on CDC Kesler says to himself: : "Wait a sec, these fans are a$$holes! I DO want out!"

4.Coming off a highly successful 13-14 season, the Canucks lose Kesler, nose dive in the standings and miss the playoffs for the first time in.....oh wait

Ridiculous thread.

Well I tried, the point went above everyone's head... might as well close it. No hope at all.

I better bloody well clarify myself again since people seem to want everything spelled out for them, I have lost faith in the fanbase, not the team.

What? Random posts on CDC speak for the whole fan-base of Canucks' Nation... you say?

Clearly, you see,...what you want to see here. Canucks' Nations is actually...well, millions... strong. But, to you they are all just some frivelous , gossipy & whiny dirt-bags. I see a lot very passionate fans here, with a plethora of ideas to share, motivate, educate, and sometimes humiliate one another with, on this fan-board.

We may not all have the enthusiasm of the fans in a recently-returned market like the Winnipeg Jets',... or the innocence of fans in a fledgling marketplace like the Nashville Predators'....nor the staunch traditions or clout of an O-6 team. We are quite possibly more jaded & cynical than that...yes....but after 43 years in pursuit of the ultimate prize...we are ripe for conspiracy theories & speculations. Perhaps there is something left to be uncovered...facts that might alter this league to favor our team, rather than dis-favor them.

We invest our attention, time & money in this team, its players' lives & their causes. We bleed Canucks' colours. Give the FAN-bashing a rest, already. You sir, are an in-grate... if you cannot appreciate the things that this ever-increasing fan-base has done well....including making CDC one of the most-user friendly, informative, welcoming, inter-active & heavily-visited NHL Team fan-boards, in the league. Ask around... but, then again... beauty is in the eye of the beholder....isn't it?

I'm a fan of teams all across North America, and I can tell you the fan base not being one big happy family isn't some problem regulated to the Canucks. Every fan base is divided about something or the other. This is the social media age, everyone has a theory, and an answer as to how "x" team could be managed better, drafting better, and just playing better. Doesn't matter what sport it is.

Like it or not the people you disagree with are part of this fan base and they help make it great, just like you. If you can't handle someone elses opinion you might want to recheck your baggage at the door.

^ Clearly one of the main reasons,... the OP is no longer a mod.

Everyone participating on these boards should be using some discernement. And, mods or no mods,...we usually try to police each other in this,... and that's refreshing - too. Was there really a need for this thread... tho? Meh....no

What? Random posts on CDC speak for the whole fan-base of Canucks' Nation... you say?

Clearly, you see,...what you want to see here. Canucks' Nations is actually...well, millions... strong. But, to you they are all just some frivelous & whiny dirt-bags. I see a lot very passionate fans here, with a plethora of ideas to share, motivate, educate, and sometimes humiliate one another with, on this fan-board. But this fan-base ranks high, travels well, and sells out our building far more often than not.

We may not have all of the enthusiasm of a recently-returned market like the Winnepeg Jets,... or the innocence of the fans in fledgling marketplace like the Nashville Predators....nor the staunch traditions or clout of an O-6 team. We are quite possibly more jaded & cynical than that...yes....but after 43 years in pursuit of the ultimate prize...we are ripe for conspiracy theories & speculations. Perhaps there is something left to be uncovered. Something that could alter the league to favor our team.... rather than dis-favor them. Many have invested their time & their hard earned money in so many ways to support this team & the many causes that the team fronts or endorses in our community. So many bleed...Canucks' colours.

Give the FAN-bashing a rest, already. You sir, are an in-grate... if you cannot appreciate the things that this ever-increasing fan-base has done well....including making CDC one of the most-user friendly, informative, welcoming, inter-active & heavily-visited NHL Team fan-boards, in the league. Ask around... but, then again... beauty is in the eye of the beholder....isn't it?

Nicely put.

What makes me laugh is that there's threads saying that everything is Torts' fault; some blame the fans (like this one) others blame the media. The more lunatic fringe insist that there is a league wide conspiracy directly against Vancouver for whatever crazy reasons that they can concoct. Me, I have this sort of avant garde idea that perhaps the players are to blame, injuries notwithstanding. Guess that makes me a troll...

What makes me laugh is that there's threads saying that everything is Torts' fault; some blame the fans (like this one) others blame the media. The more lunatic fringe insist that there is a league wide conspiracy directly against Vancouver for whatever crazy reasons that they can concoct. Me, I have this sort of avant garde idea that perhaps the players are to blame, injuries notwithstanding. Guess that makes me a troll...

Guess you've missed all the "Do we need...Burrows, Sedins (especially Dan), Hansen, Garrison, Schroeder, Sestito, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Delpe, Lack, Edler, Booth, etc threads.

Not avant garde; pretty ordinary really.

Archived