The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder

William_Clarkson

It would be foolish cause nobody is clearly better than him for the second line. And we lose out on developing aour player who will be better next year. This is crazy doesn't anyone look at the line up. Doesn't anyone look at last years standings. We have no one else. We have no one else.

To be an good second line player you need:

- Center 53

- Left Wing 42 points

- Right Wing 45 points

Last year Higgins was the closes for left wing at 39. He has only accomplished it twice in his 10 year career. Hansen never has. Nobody has except Kesler.

Getting rid of Schroeder is like getting rid of the only thing we might have.

I see...you're assuming that there will be no changes or additions to the team. Same old as last year.

I seriously hope to see most of the players performing better (including the still developing Kassian and Jensen); a potential trade or two; possibility of rookies; and potential UFA signing.

JS appears to only be able to play C, which means he has to replace Kesler (if he's not traded). Maybe he gets a chance to step into the 2nd line C if Kes is traded, but I really don't see him as ready for that.

Again, I do think JS will be a viable NHL player at some point, but I don't see him on a good teams' top 6 at the moment. If he is, then I expect that JBTL are taking next season off (tanking) and putting something together for the following season.

I see...you're assuming that there will be no changes or additions to the team. Same old as last year.

I seriously hope to see most of the players performing better (including the still developing Kassian and Jensen); a potential trade or two; possibility of rookies; and potential UFA signing.

JS appears to only be able to play C, which means he has to replace Kesler (if he's not traded). Maybe he gets a chance to step into the 2nd line C if Kes is traded, but I really don't see him as ready for that.

Again, I do think JS will be a viable NHL player at some point, but I don't see him on a good teams' top 6 at the moment. If he is, then I expect that JBTL are taking next season off (tanking) and putting something together for the following season.

I disagree. I think you can develope a guy in that position if you have 4 lines that can score. It would have to be score by committee. Then you can do it. If the 3rd and 4rth lines are above average they can pick up the slack. And we have 3rd and 4rth liners in spades.

I gree with you Kassian and Jensen might at some point fill that second line roll. I don't see them any further along than Schroeder, maybe Kassian a bit but not much. Point is we are not indanger of losing them. And Kassian is well suited for a third line roll. Schroeder is not but doesn't mean it doesn't happen sometimes. When we went to the cup in 94 we did not have a first line center so stranger things have worked.

And no if you read my other posts you can see I am not assuming we don't have aplayer personel change. : )

And no if you read my other posts you can see I am not assuming we don't have aplayer personel change. : )

It's pretty hard to read ALL your posts, Googs. There's an awful lot of them! :)

So you think that he displaces Kes (if not traded)? That didn't work to well for Hodgson.

If Kes is gone and we don't add to the 2nd line, this team is getting a very high draft pick next year; which I'm not totally against. :shock:

Sedins Burr/Jensen

Higgins/Booth Schroeder Burr/Jensen

Higgins/Booth Horvat/Richardson Kassian

Sestito Matthias Hansen

:sick:

don't judge before we see him in another set of games. 10-20? If he hasn't shown anything at that point he never will.

reminds me of grabner - never showed anything, might not make it - so trade him. reality is that you need to give these players a shot before burying them. last year wasn't a legitimate shot with the injuries

My biggest point is many Canuck fans are fickle. I understand being realistic. But fickle would describe some of the people on here regarding Schroeder. It is the same people that after Schroeder starts the season getting 10 points in 10 games that quickly turn around and talk about how great he is. Many canuck fans have done that with many different players. I was always taught stick with your team and stick with your players.

The reason why I know this is because Schroeder clearly like crystal has not been given the same opportunity other canuck players and prospects have to succeed. And clearly he has played through injuries. And clearly he has not played a full season. And clearly he played for a horrible coach who didn't like him. And clearly we do not have second liners on our team except Kesler. And some fickle fans imo want to toss him away like an old rag and disguise it as maybe he will pass through waivers.

It's pretty hard to read ALL your posts, Googs. There's an awful lot of them! :)

So you think that he displaces Kes (if not traded)? That didn't work to well for Hodgson.

If Kes is gone and we don't add to the 2nd line, this team is getting a very high draft pick next year; which I'm not totally against. :shock:

Sedins Burr/Jensen

Higgins/Booth Schroeder Burr/Jensen

Higgins/Booth Horvat/Richardson Kassian

Sestito Matthias Hansen

:sick:

I say:

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

FA Schroeder FA

Booth Matthias Kassian

Sestito Lain Archibald

Hansen

Here is something to think about:

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2011/9/27/2452941/common-misconceptions-how-much-should-that-forward-score

Elite First line:

LW 74 Points Center 85 Points RW 74 Points

Sedin 47 Sedin 50 Burrows 15

Elite Second Line:

LW 42 Points Center 53 points RW 45 Points

Higgins 39 Kesler 43 Kassian 29

Elite third line:

LW 24 points Center 40 Points RW 23 Points

Richardson 23 Santorelli 28 Hansen 20

These numbers include injuries and are not pro rated averages

So that was last year. In our hay days 2010, 2011, 2012 we were off the charts withs this model. Which makes sense to why we were an elite team. As you can see we have some work to do.

I say:

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

FA Schroeder FA

Booth Matthias Kassian

Sestito Lain Archibald

Hansen

That would be a big trade for Eriksson (who would Boston want)?

Building the 2nd line around JS eh?

Did Higgins get traded or is he not good enough (like Hansen) to make the 4th line?

Can you please name a better player on our team currently that deserves a shot at playng on the second line? Please please you keep ignoring this fact. We suck uotside of the Sedins and Kesler.

The fact that we probably couldn't actually speaks volumes for our predicament not for Schroeder's suitability.

I would chew through rivets to get Schroeder's chance but he just appears to expect it all to fall into place. He had better give himself a shake or he will be in Europe with Billy Sweatt, who I always thought was more suited to the NHL anyway.

I don't know. Islanders, Ottawa, Pittsburg they are looking for depth and change, Calgary, Winnipeg. Just off the top of my head.

I think you can count Calgary out of picking up JS off of waivers

If they have a small centre playing on opening day, it will be Johnny Gaudreau.

"You can also win with speed and skill."

Win what? Certainly not the Stanley Cup, or have I been watching a different tournament from you. Raymond took plenty of stick on here and he had sh-t loads of speed and skill.

The fact is Schroeder has all the hallmarks of a player who would get stomped into the ice in the playoffs. It would be like playing a man short. Hell, he wouldn't even give us what Raymond gave us when he was fit.

That would be a big trade for Eriksson (who would Boston want)?

Building the 2nd line around JS eh?

Did Higgins get traded or is he not good enough (like Hansen) to make the 4th line?

It is obvious we are rebuilding imo.

Kesler to Boston for Eriksson or three way deal.

Higgins could stay but then we have to buy out booth or trade Richardson, or some other players. Or we have an unconventional 4rth line.

As for JS he is the only thing we can develope unless Horvat, Gaunce, Fox etc. Are ahead of schedule. So not build around but develop.

I did not like picking Schroeder in the first place (too small).

Once he was picked though, I think he has worked his butt off to try to make the bigs.

He has kept quiet, paid his dues, and suffered injuries trying to become a regular on the Canucks.

I like the guy personally but still think he is too small even with his considerable skill set and development.

Now is not the time to cut him loose though (unless some team steps up and says they want him before the draft).

I am pretty sure we will have to hope that given a proper opportunity this year, he can show enough that we get value in a trade.

He is not worth much now but perhaps he can have a good camp and we can get him PP time and O-zone starts to pad his stats.

Benning is going to decide which prospects/players are not in the long-term plan and when is the best time to move them.

He will also know what we need to get in return to build the team back into a perennial contender.

Unfortunately for Jordan, he will most likely not be on that contending team.

The fact that we probably couldn't actually speaks volumes for our predicament not for Schroeder's suitability.

I would chew through rivets to get Schroeder's chance but he just appears to expect it all to fall into place. He had better give himself a shake or he will be in Europe with Billy Sweatt, who I always thought was more suited to the NHL anyway.

Dale Weise was considered unsuitable along with Mike Weaver, Samuelson, Glass, Torres, Lapierre, Raymond and I am sure there are others. At the time Samuelson was an elite second liner. He scored 50 points the previous year to his injury and we traded him while he was still injured for a bag of pucks and a Florida Panthers paper flag. Gillis traded or let players go that suited our team and kept players that are not suited. I mean even Malhotra. Weise was a good 4rth liner for us. He led the team in hits and gone. He had third line upside and of course we quickly found given the opportunity he was good enough.

Billy Sweat never improved offensively by much in the minors. He became our farm teams best 200 feet player. He also was never given a chance in the NHL. He had speed to burn and who knows given the chance could have become a solid 3rd liner. He played 3 games in the league. Not a fair comparison given he was a second round pick. He was not the highest scoring american born player in the usa world junior history. Nor was he rated 10th in the year of his draft by the central scouting bureau.

Win what? Certainly not the Stanley Cup, or have I been watching a different tournament from you. Raymond took plenty of stick on here and he had sh-t loads of speed and skill.

The fact is Schroeder has all the hallmarks of a player who would get stomped into the ice in the playoffs. It would be like playing a man short. Hell, he wouldn't even give us what Raymond gave us when he was fit.

Like a chemist you need a mixture, a formula. This is not an opinion but common knowledge. You need a mixture of size, speed, experience, and skill.

Trevor Linden said as soon as he was hired it was like peices of a puzzle. You have to fit the right peices together. I hate to break it to you.....we lack skill to compete. And not by a little bit. It is a vast gaping margin. Check out my previous post where teams are and where we are for points per position.

Schroeder has skill. End of story. We don't have anything else except Jensen that is ready unless others are ahead of schedule.

Saying he is unsuited is kinda like playing a game of cards and taking your best card and throwing it against the wall and then continuing the game trying to win.

Some of you Canuck fans are so fickle.

Yeah I bet people said that about St.louis too. Small players do play on the big stage and contribute according to their strengths. I remember watching the Canucks in 96-98. We were the toughest team out there. We beat every team up every game. It was smash mouth hockey. We won every fight but couldn't win a game to save our life. We are not tough and we lack skill lol!And youth we can infuse into our line up this year.

Yeah I bet people said that about St.louis too. Small players do play on the big stage and contribute according to their strengths. I remember watching the Canucks in 96-98. We were the toughest team out there. We beat every team up every game. It was smash mouth hockey. We won every fight but couldn't win a game to save our life. We are not tough and we lack skill lol!And youth we can infuse into our line up this year.

In fact your comments almost sound prejudice to smaller people. Almost.

I did not like picking Schroeder in the first place (too small).Once he was picked though, I think he has worked his butt off to try to make the bigs.He has kept quiet, paid his dues, and suffered injuries trying to become a regular on the Canucks.I like the guy personally but still think he is too small even with his considerable skill set and development.Now is not the time to cut him loose though (unless some team steps up and says they want him before the draft).I am pretty sure we will have to hope that given a proper opportunity this year, he can show enough that we get value in a trade.He is not worth much now but perhaps he can have a good camp and we can get him PP time and O-zone starts to pad his stats.Benning is going to decide which prospects/players are not in the long-term plan and when is the best time to move them.He will also know what we need to get in return to build the team back into a perennial contender.Unfortunately for Jordan, he will most likely not be on that contending team.

Yours definately sounds prejudice.

These players live with this stigma their whole lives. I wonder why.

There are plenty of small centers in the league. Cmon, I checked the first team Anahaim and they are a contender. They have three small centers listed at 5'10 and 180ish pounds. That was the first team I checked. And Jordan is 1 inch shorter same weight.

Win what with speed and skill? I seem to remember the blackhawks won it last year. Detroit won it. Pittsburg won it. All with speed and skill. So did Boston and LA. Everyone wins with speed and skill. And no will ever win it without.

You know you can edit your posts if you want to add to them, right?

Oh

He's writing a novel.

Sorry I just keep responding to unintelligent posts. I would say less if the people posting put some real thought into the lineup we have and the prospects we have.

We have no Patrick Kane or Sidney Crosby, Marion Gaborik or Claude Giroux, St. Louis, Datsyuk,etc that would resemble a skill player coming up the ranks. We will never be able to rebuild and be an elite team in the future unless we can find something.

Which is why we need Nylander with our 6th overall pick. Maybe Shinkurak. Our forwards are all projected 2nd or 3rd line power guys. Above average size players except maybe Fox. Not high skill guys like the aforementioned. Which is why we need to give Schroeder a shot.

Archived