The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (5) New York Rangers vs (6) Los Angeles Kings

Who will win the series?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am enjoying this series immensely .. Kings roster will suffer for 2? Cups in 3 years .. damn, but I wish the Canucks could 'suffer' the same fate some day .. even Dustin Brown seemed less like a troglodyte, and more just like a 'high-spirited North American 'Ute', to quote Joe, in 'My Cousin Vinnie'.

just to think that the Kings haven't been playing their best games so far and yet there up 2-0. This is going to be a sweep. Kings are destined to win the cup this year

And every year for the next 5 years. Does anyone actually believe they can be beaten any time soon?

Except for the fact his teams have always had trouble holding leads.

It's not a coincidence.

Sitting back and protecting the lead has always been his strategy.

this is wrong in so many ways. first, LA is a damn good team. they've shown no matter who you are, even CHI, that LA can claw it's way back. Second, NY played a good game. Kreider almost won it a few times. They deserve credit. Third, both teams made mistakes. Very back and forth game.

I just hope mitchell doesn't come waiving his cup ring in front of everyone again. Guy bails on his home town for slightly more cash only to come back and rub it in our faces.

You sound bitter. Dont hate. It's just business. I don't blame the guy at all. It's MG who f'd up and let him go. I hope he comes back and waves his ring AND the cup in everyone's face :lol:

You sound bitter. Dont hate. It's just business. I don't blame the guy at all. It's MG who f'd up and let him go. I hope he comes back and waves his ring AND the cup in everyone's face :lol:

We offered the same money, but he wanted to go skinny dipping with California tramps

Burr will bite the ring right off his finger .. :rolleyes:

O'Halloran jobs AV again.

Why not go full gong show and throw Sutherland into the mix?

Really? Come on man. There is no conspiracy against AV by the refs. They have fallen for the AV-led Rangers diving a lot these playoffs. Rangers have benefited from some questionable calls/non-calls too just as much as the Kings have.

AV teams always seem to lack that killer instinct for some reason. That one extra goal that stomps out any hope of the other team coming back. They easily could have won the first two games though. The series has been close and I would even say the Rangers have been the better team. But results matter and not being able to defend leads has apparently carried over from his last few years in Van.

Another playoff game decided by inconsistent officiating.

Until the league starts using video review on penalties, these wins are not an indication of who the better team was, and therefore hold little to no merit.

There were pretty bad calls/non-calls both ways though. The fact that one team scored and the other didn't is pretty irrelevant. Officiating has gone for a shit in terms of overall consistency in the NHL.

Predicting now...that the series will go seven games. That will max-out revenues for both of these voting-block brothers... & perhaps put someone is the record books.

I'm not just sceptical....I know the NHL has little integrity left. If I see Devorski, Sutherland or O'Halloran doing that game seven.... my suspicions will all but be confirmed.

There were pretty bad calls/non-calls both ways though. The fact that one team scored and the other didn't is pretty irrelevant. Officiating has gone for a crap in terms of overall consistency in the NHL.

I'm not saying there wasn't bad calls/non-calls for both teams.

The fact one team did score does matter. Teams are winning games because of officiating. It's been happening all playoffs, and not just for LA and NY.

No matter who wins, it's still a problem. Any series is essentially meaningless if officiating is affecting the outcome in any way.

The 3rd LA goal was goalie interference, and NY has the clout to call for those type of calls to be made reviewable by the competition committee, if this was our Vancouver team I'm sure we'd be exploding right now. The technology is there why not use it to take out blatant referee screw ups? NY boards must be going nuts.

Archived