The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Florida Panthers to hire coach Monday

I sure hope we not waiting in Stevens thought canucks wanted more up tempo style when la coaches are more of defensive style

With exception of Chicago Blackhawks, that so called style have teams making it to the Finals/ winning cups.

2011, inferior skilled teams, have also had extreme success of that style your talking about.

2011 Boston Bruins

2012 L.A Kings

2013 Blackhawks win the cup, that said, Kings made it to the conference finals with that style. Bruins in the finals.

2014 Kings win cup.

If its an effective system, i'm all in for it. most systems nowadays, strings from the defence first anyways. It's not the 80's or mid 90's anymore bros.

Looks like they're hiring Byslma and the Canucks are waiting on Stevens which I think is a mistake.

They will give him an interview first don't worry man. They won't make any rash decisions.

Guest Dasein

I would say no decisions regarding trading the 1st overall would be made before FLA hires their new coach.

I'm sure the new coach will have at least some input on what types of players he would like in return for the 1st overall.

I would say no decisions regarding trading the 1st overall would be made before FLA hires their new coach.

I'm sure the new coach will have at least some input on what types of players he would like in return for the 1st overall.

A coach should deploy both the players provided, and (in a generalized statement) and the game plan as directed by the GM. Of course all the fine tuning is the coach.

As an example: I would be quite sure AV was asked to be a more up tempo offensive coach for GMMG than he was in his past life for Nonis. And part of the interview process was a to and fro discussion of how and which players related. Then the coach is offered the job based on perceived ability to execute plans.

At the end of the day most coaches have "instruction," even if they set the line up and micro manage the game plan.

I sure hope we not waiting in Stevens thought canucks wanted more up tempo style when la coaches are more of defensive style

We're not gonna be able to beat LA, San Jose, and Anaheim, if we can't play defense.

It's the same thing with AV and Trotz. Good coaches coach what they're given.

If Benning tells Stevens that he wants to coach a more up-tempo style, then that's what he'll do. It's not like he's not capable of it, he did coach the Flyers.

Nothing really knew but was posted today, So i guess Monday isn't the big coach decision day.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/16/florida-will-definitely-have-new-coach-before-draft/

One of the three remaining head coaching gigs available will be filled in the next 11 days.

Florida GM Dale Tallon told the Miami Herald his club will “definitely” have its new bench boss in place before the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, which will be held on June 27 in Philadelphia.

More, from the Herald:

Tallon wouldn’t divulge names on Monday afternoon, a source within the organization said former Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma, former Vancouver and Colorado coach Marc Crawford and former Columbus coach Gerard Gallant are being seriously considered for the job.

Detroit Red Wing assistants Tom Renney and Bill Peters are also in the conversation.

“They are all different guys and they are all interesting coaches,” Tallon said. “We’ll find the right fit. We met with all of them in New York last week and now we’re narrowing things down.

“It’s going really good. They all want to come here because of what we have. We have a good young core of players and are committed to winning. They want to be a part of it.”

Given the speed in which Tallon contacted Bylsma after he was fired in Pittsburgh — reports suggest Tallon called him the same day — it stands to reason Disco Dan is at, or very near, the top of Florida’s list.

Nothing really knew but was posted today, So i guess Monday isn't the big coach decision day.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/16/florida-will-definitely-have-new-coach-before-draft/

One of the three remaining head coaching gigs available will be filled in the next 11 days.

Florida GM Dale Tallon told the Miami Herald his club will “definitely” have its new bench boss in place before the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, which will be held on June 27 in Philadelphia.

More, from the Herald:

Tallon wouldn’t divulge names on Monday afternoon, a source within the organization said former Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma, former Vancouver and Colorado coach Marc Crawford and former Columbus coach Gerard Gallant are being seriously considered for the job.

Detroit Red Wing assistants Tom Renney and Bill Peters are also in the conversation.

“They are all different guys and they are all interesting coaches,” Tallon said. “We’ll find the right fit. We met with all of them in New York last week and now we’re narrowing things down.

“It’s going really good. They all want to come here because of what we have. We have a good young core of players and are committed to winning. They want to be a part of it.”

Given the speed in which Tallon contacted Bylsma after he was fired in Pittsburgh — reports suggest Tallon called him the same day — it stands to reason Disco Dan is at, or very near, the top of Florida’s lis

I love that!!!

Archived