The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Booth on Waivers

Strombone1

Woohoo! Let the changes begin. Booth was a waste of cap space and never really fit in. We're in good hands in JB and Linden. Expect a cup in 2-3 years Canuck fans. I guarantee it!

OK...Let's not go overboard here. I've been sitting here watching for 43 years and have yet to see one despite many changes. Hopefully this "hope and change" is different and we do see results.

Yeah I do agree. He's positionally good in the offensive zone for sure. All I think is that he does need the right line-mates to be anything more than a third liner. I wouldn't look at Burrows and say "yes, he's a top six player" normally.

He's an excellent ~20 goal scoring 3rd liner / mediocre second liner who happens to normally have outstanding chemistry with two of our 1st liners.

Hemsky said no to a 3 year $10M contract. You pay him more than $4M a year and then you have Burrows at $4M on the 2nd line.

Hemsky was in and around a PPG player-on anemic Edmonton club- and 2+ years younger than Burr.

Burr is a half point PPG player with the Sedins -and now has injuries to deal with.

Gillis made the contract with Burr and it seems like he was and is overpaid.

damn ... i thought he might have a good season .. hindsight is blah blah blah !! hah enjoy killing defensless animals somewhere else sir

Don't start this again. Btw you better be a vegetarian or your just a hypocrite.

Contract season, pretty much guarantees he would've played well next season. Showed great improvement towards the end of the season. Big body that can skate, kind of disappointed he's been bought out.

So this rules out any possibility of a tank for Mcdavid. I don't really believe in this core but obviously our management does, so I'll trust them. Pretty excited to see what off-season moves they'll be making.

Don't feel bad for DB. UFA crop this season bodes well for him getting signed elsewhere and making even more $$$$ ( factoring in the buy out ). If he ever regains consistency and performs as well as he did in stretches last year, the team that picks him up will be getting a bargain.

As long as the cap relief is used for something good, otherwise I am not sure this was necessary.

Well the reality is that if Benning and Linden want to actually accomplsh something in their new roles then it's the right move. If we are just going to suck, then yeah keep Booth.

Interesting move on the Canucks part. I thought Booth would last the year too, however JB may have something brewing. New coach, new draft picks, new management team. Exciting time to be a Canucks fan right now. I wonder what they are going to do about the second line now, especially with no Kesler and no Booth. JB will have his work cut for him.

We haven't had a second line for 6 years. Why start now? And Booth is not a second liner.

Over a normal 3rd line season (now) for Burrows I'd expect around 15 goals tbh.

It will depend largely on how much he plays with the twins next year. A lot and I wouldn't be surprised by ~25. Mostly a third line checking role probably closer to your 15.

Depends a lot on what happens with the second line/Kesler, whether Jensen grabs that 1st line wing spot or not, injuries etc. Either way, Burr was NOT a buyout candidate.

Boothy will probably have a 20+ goal season on the East Coast next year. Good for him. He literally had 10 good games as a Canuck where he played up to par with his contract, and that may be generous. Good guy, still gets his money, but also good riddance. Bring on the youth movement.

Archived