The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] VAN interested in Ryan Miller

I'm still not sure Miller is worth the extra he will command. Let's look at his last three years, and completely *ignore* his horrible playoff run last year:

2013-14: .918 2.64gaa

2012-13: .915 2.81gaa

2011-12: .916 2.53gaa

Because Buffalo. As good as Miller is there wasn't a chance he was gonna put up the numbers he's capable of with the Sabres.

Because Buffalo. As good as Miller is there wasn't a chance he was gonna put up the numbers he's capable of with the Sabres.

I dunno. One of those years includes his not-exactly-stellar year with St. Louis. Plus, Enroth (while playing fewer games, of course) has put up similar numbers in Buffalo. And I don't think anyone believes Enroth is currently a franchise goalie.

Plus, if you go even further back than 3 years, Vokun spent years as a starter on a pretty crappy Florida team as well, yet his stats were even better during that time than I posted already.

Don't get me wrong - I'd certainly agree Miller is a "good" goalie. But I'm also saying Vokun is as well, but at a far lower price tag.

^ this ... sucked at St. Louis ...

Well looking at his whole body of work I would tend to think he is capabl eof providing solid goaltending, better than Lack at this point. I feel he has 4-5 good years left, not 1 or 2 lol.

Any team can be lighten up by the Blackhawks and look bad, didnt look all that bad when he got to St.Louis even though the team's defense was overrated and he was adjusting to a new team.

I would honestly rather trade one of our abundant 3rd liners and Ericsson/Markstrom for Cam Ward. At least then we'll have a mentor for Lack who can also potentially regain old form and be a top 10 goalie in this league. I'm not judging Miller on last year alone, I've never liked his style from the beginning, and now he's on a steady decline. Ward appears to have better character and is a much stronger technical goalie (where Lack could really use some mentoring).

We all should be grateful that a star calibre player who isn't from here actually wants to sign with us.

If we get Miller as a UFA, it increases the value of the Canucks asset pool at no cost besides cap space, And with the cap to increase as it is expected, we would be in good shape, even if we gave Miller $5,000,000 per year.

Miller jumped to a new team last in the season and didnt adjust quick enough in the new system. I think with a full training camp and season, Miller will fit right in here. He's one of the few goalies who can steal games on a regular basis.

Developing_Header.jpg

News1130 Sports @News1130Sports

Have learned the #Canucks have called the agent for UFA goalie Ryan Miller. Can't imagine Eddie Lack will be happy.

News1130 Sports @News1130Sports

Sources tell me, Miller would have no issues playing in Vancouver.

Eddie would be happy.. too much pressure to soon. hell he probably told management he wasn't ready ... torts forced him in to that situation because he didn't like luongo....

I like this move. We could probably get a good return from lack from wpg. Miller starting and markstrom back up would be fine.

i am excited to get miller... miller was so good on crappy teams for a long time.... had to suffer in buffalo for eternity.... he can return to form to the guy that drafted him then awesome... that would be great to get him... so i keep telling my self keep positive....

I am still in the camp for giving Lack the starter role, but if were going this way please let it only be 2 years

development stage means you need mentors to teach and models for guys to learn from... at least we get that... edmonton just has youth and no experience teaching them which is why they struggle... we need a vet goalie....

Archived