The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Madden 15 Thread

The Magician

Really wan a good football game, but every time I've gotten a Madden game since '06 (I've gotten '08, '10, and '12 as well as NCAA '09 and '13) I've been horribly underwhelmed with the exception of NCAA 13.

I've heard Madden hasn't changed in any considerable degree since '12 anyways, so unless I hear amazing reviews I probably will pass on it again.

Really wan a good football game, but every time I've gotten a Madden game since '06 (I've gotten '08, '10, and '12 as well as NCAA '09 and '13) I've been horribly underwhelmed with the exception of NCAA 13.

I've heard Madden hasn't changed in any considerable degree since '12 anyways, so unless I hear amazing reviews I probably will pass on it again.

I had fun with the 6 hour trial, the gameplay isnt revolutionary, but you can actually get a pass rush now and shed blockers... Offense runs very similar to last year, but like I said before... The visuals in this game cannot be understated, finally a sports game that shows off the power of next gen. Last years games were all glossy ports of their last gen counterparts, this time around... Its what we were promised.

I had fun with the 6 hour trial, the gameplay isnt revolutionary, but you can actually get a pass rush now and shed blockers... Offense runs very similar to last year, but like I said before... The visuals in this game cannot be understated, finally a sports game that shows off the power of next gen. Last years games were all glossy ports of their last gen counterparts, this time around... Its what we were promised.

I'm still worried about pass defense, as I hate when any QB can get 90+% completion. Although I'm glad to hear about the rush and the flats and slants being better, which should lower the completion % by a fair bit.

Visually the game is unimpressive. I don't get why so many people are gushing about it looking "next-gen"; the player models and animations look terrible-- same as they always have. In terms of visual quality in sports games, the NBA 2K series and The Show are the benchmark. Everything else is a distant 3rd place.

However, this game really shines when it comes to gameplay. So many great important improvements! First, defence is actually really fun to play. It is so satisfying to play as a lineman/linebacker and to sack the QB. Second, all of the in-game menus have been revamped. Plays have been simplified, and you get statistical information about the success of the specific plays in particular situations, and also your opponent tendencies. Also, a must needed addition, now on offense, from the playcalling screen, you choose to "no huddle", "clocking killing", or "normal" clock management. This year finally feels like the Madden team actually decided to take some chances and make some much needed improvements.

Visually the game is unimpressive. I don't get why so many people are gushing about it looking "next-gen"; the player models and animations look terrible-- same as they always have. In terms of visual quality in sports games, the NBA 2K series and The Show are the benchmark. Everything else is a distant 3rd place.

However, this game really shines when it comes to gameplay. So many great important improvements! First, defence is actually really fun to play. It is so satisfying to play as a lineman/linebacker and to sack the QB. Second, all of the in-game menus have been revamped. Plays have been simplified, and you get statistical information about the success of the specific plays in particular situations, and also your opponent tendencies. Also, a must needed addition, now on offense, from the playcalling screen, you choose to "no huddle", "clocking killing", or "normal" clock management. This year finally feels like the Madden team actually decided to take some chances and make some much needed improvements.

Cant disagree more, if you have 25 or EA Access with ability to get 25, play a game and then boot up 15 and tell me it isnt leaps and bounds better... They're not even the same game visually... Everyone has an opinion though, and you're entitled to it,

This game, (like NHL) is visually stunning, EA hyped up the visuals on all games this year and both (so far) have delivered.

Cant disagree more, if you have 25 or EA Access with ability to get 25, play a game and then boot up 15 and tell me it isnt leaps and bounds better... They're not even the same game visually... Everyone has an opinion though, and you're entitled to it,

This game, (like NHL) is visually stunning, EA hyped up the visuals on all games this year and both (so far) have delivered.

I have Madden 25, and I played it a lot. The visuals have stagnated, at best. Players still look like they are skating when they run.

I love Madden but am forcing myself to not get it this year. Have gotten it every year since madden 04 but Madden 25 on my Ps4 was just so disappointing so I'm going to wait until Madden 16 to really wow myself.

I'll be happy with Fifa and NHL 15 though. Fifa never disappoints and NHL, I haven't bought an NHL game since NHL 11, so 15 will look unreal to me lol.

I love Madden but am forcing myself to not get it this year. Have gotten it every year since madden 04 but Madden 25 on my Ps4 was just so disappointing so I'm going to wait until Madden 16 to really wow myself.

I'll be happy with Fifa and NHL 15 though. Fifa never disappoints and NHL, I haven't bought an NHL game since NHL 11, so 15 will look unreal to me lol.

Madden 25 on PS4 was horrid (pretty much the exact same as it was on PS3). I’m loving 15 it’s pretty beast.

Just as an FYI for you, Madden 25 for xbone and ps4 was a port of the ones from 360 and ps3. They were nearly identical games with mildly upgraded textures. They did this to ensure they got their money from people who upgraded. Fifa 14 was the same issue.

This year, both dev teams actually built a true Next gen game. If you picked up Madden 15 you would not even think it was just one year removed from 25, they are completely different games.

How are the game modes (mainly Franchise and Superstar)?

Are they finally re-intigrating things like the HoF inductees and the ability to relocate your team?

This. Any feedback on franchise would be appreciated. On the fence about this buying.

This. Any feedback on franchise would be appreciated. On the fence about this buying.

They have both things I was wondering about, although the ability to relocate is somewhat limited compared to older Madden games.

Franchise mode is incredibly deep, you have the option to be either a player, a coach, or an owner (1 of the 3) for every team at once, so you can basically run a Superstar mode and a franchise mode in the same file.

Archived