The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Season tickets available to general public

NucksPatsFan

So Canucks full season tickets were made available to the general public yesterday or today. Heard it on the Team 1040 myself. First time in a long, long time there's been no wait list.

I snagged myself 3 seats for full season tickets in the upper bowl (where the real fun is ;) )

Did anyone else become new season ticket holders today/plan to soon?

Wow.. I guess it is that bad! This should be a wakeup call to management at how unhappy ticket holders and fans are.

Apparently it was reported that there was a 5% decrease in season ticket sales. If there's only 18000 seats in Rogers Arena and probably 12000 are season ticket seats, that's only really 600 available seats for season tickets lol.

So Canucks full season tickets were made available to the general public yesterday or today. Heard it on the Team 1040 myself. First time in a long, long time there's been no wait list.

I snagged myself 3 seats for full season tickets in the upper bowl (where the real fun is ;) )

Did anyone else become new season ticket holders today/plan to soon?

Wow, I'm surprised there were upper bowl tickets available. I assumed the ones that weren't picked up by the wait list crowd must have been the very expensive lower bowl tickets.

As for the wait list folks.... What else were they waiting for?

Wow, I'm surprised there were upper bowl tickets available. I assumed the ones that weren't picked up by the wait list crowd must have been the very expensive lower bowl tickets.

As for the wait list folks.... What else were they waiting for?

If you read the other thread on this that has been around for weeks you would know that basically the entire arena was available. people did not cancel their "season tickets" they just switched from full seasons to 10 game packs so when the Canucks are good again they have LOW que number and will likely be able to select good seats once again.

If you read the other thread on this that has been around for weeks you would know that basically the entire arena was available. people did not cancel their "season tickets" they just switched from full seasons to 10 game packs so when the Canucks are good again they have LOW que number and will likely be able to select good seats once again.

This.

Only reason I got full seasons (especially while I'm still in post secondary) is because I know I won't be able to make it to all 41 games. It's an investment for sure to try and make back some of the money. And then when we are competitive again with more younger guys in the line up and ticket demands go up again, I can make even more money and go to more games lol.

For those who downgraded to a lower package will not be guaranteed to be able to upgrade once the Canucks get going

No they won't be their queue position won't change. Right now I believe there are around 6,000 people on the queue list if you get season tickets right now your queue number would be 6001. Now you have season tickets you can renew those seats for as long as you want but lets say next year the Canucks have an amazing season and every wants season tickets again and lets say; I'll use the OP as an example here, the OP wants to move seats but the seats he wants to move to someone who had the 10 game pack in the previous year also wants them so it then comes down to your queue position and that person queue is 3,012. The OP may of had full season tickets last year but if he plans on moving seats his Queue number is likely going to be to high to be able to.

I personally don't agree with this I believe that if you give up your FULL season tickets your Queue positioning should be reset.

Everything is based on priority #. Yes your priority number won't change, but I think people who have seasons and would like to continue should have first right to renew and then anyone else can upgrade upon availability. Man this is gonna get messy once the Canucks get good again.

This.

Only reason I got full seasons (especially while I'm still in post secondary) is because I know I won't be able to make it to all 41 games. It's an investment for sure to try and make back some of the money. And then when we are competitive again with more younger guys in the line up and ticket demands go up again, I can make even more money and go to more games lol.

You're in post secondary and you can afford seasons? Did you pay for it? Or maybe you're a bit older? :P

Everything is based on priority #. Yes your priority number won't change, but I think people who have seasons and would like to continue should have first right to renew and then anyone else can upgrade upon availability. Man this is gonna get messy once the Canucks get good again.

You renew your tickets then you are given a date later on where you can see the seats that were not renewed at these times/groups depend on your queue #. and if you change your seats then your seats are available for the next group so the queue # plays a huge role in season tickets.

Buying tickets to sell them is just ridiculous if you're getting upper bowl tickets. Especially with the season that's coming up, I really have no idea why you would assume you can make any money at all. I'm guessing you aren't a business student

You're in post secondary and you can afford seasons? Did you pay for it? Or maybe you're a bit older? :P

Maybe a trust fund kid. I hate trust fund kids.

Lol. I got the season tickets with a friend, and I'm paying for my seat only for 41 games, he's paying for his seat.

And I've been working since grade 11, good at saving money. Have enough in my account to pay off my 41 games all at once but we chose to do the payment plan so we can sell along the way during the course of the season.

Buying tickets to sell them is just ridiculous if you're getting upper bowl tickets. Especially with the season that's coming up, I really have no idea why you would assume you can make any money at all. I'm guessing you aren't a business student

Averaged over 41 games my tickets are $65 a seat. For the games I don't go to I know I can get minimum 90$ a seat for them especially with what the selling market on StubHub looks like right now.

I'll also be selling to friends and family at face value so while I won't make a profit on those tickets, I'll break even.

And as far as my business knowledge goes, breaking even/slight profit > losing money.

most tickets that are available now are expensive upper bowl and lower bowl... i switched my seats this year to the cheapest seats ($44ea).. used to pay $65... i got seats in similar section but 4 rows back, worth it to save $20 a ticket

Averaged over 41 games my tickets are $65 a seat. For the games I don't go to I know I can get minimum 90$ a seat for them especially with what the selling market on StubHub looks like right now.

I'll also be selling to friends and family at face value so while I won't make a profit on those tickets, I'll break even.

And as far as my business knowledge goes, breaking even/slight profit > losing money.

You are in fantasyland my friend. Last year those $65 upper bowl tickets were often going for $50 on stubhub. And they take a 25% commission overall. So that's like $35-40 you get back. Maybe some games like Toronto or Chicago etc. you will sell for more than face. Don't think for one second you've hit the jackpot :)

There's 168 hours in a week. That's plenty of time to, at least for myself, work full time and be a full time student. I've also been living with my room mate for the past year so i'm not mooching off my parents. I don't see where this misguided perception that post secondary students are poor scrubs. Paying for season tickets aren't a problem for any university student that isn't a lazy-ass.

I personally wouldn't buy season tickets though.

You are in fantasyland my friend. Last year those $65 upper bowl tickets were often going for $50 on stubhub. And they take a 25% commission overall. So that's like $35-40 you get back. Maybe some games like Toronto or Chicago etc. you will sell for more than face. Don't think for one second you've hit the jackpot :)

I never once thought I hit the jackpot. I'm perfectly content with selling them at face value to friends and family so they can go to a game without paying above face value. I'm also perfectly content actually going to the games as I'm a huge Canucks fan.

We're going to throw the games we don't care much for up on StubHub and if they sell, great, if not, sell them to friends/family or go to them.

I'm not someone who runs season tickets as a business. I got them because I want them as a fan and want to be a season ticket holder for as long as I can be. Been wanting season tickets since I was 10.

Archived