The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

Nope, he's going back to BC for one more year.

When he was drafted there was general agreement that he would need surgery on his hips sooner or later. He did not to do that last summer because he wanted to qualify for and be ready for the World Juniors. Last year was his last year of eligibility for the World Juniors so that is no longer an issue.

I wonder if there are any plans for him to have surgery this summer. Or is the current plan that he may not need surgery.

i would assume he'll be having the surgery asap now that his season is over.no reason to delay anymore. and he should be go to go by next season.

When he was drafted there was general agreement that he would need surgery on his hips sooner or later. He did not to do that last summer because he wanted to qualify for and be ready for the World Juniors. Last year was his last year of eligibility for the World Juniors so that is no longer an issue.

I wonder if there are any plans for him to have surgery this summer. Or is the current plan that he may not need surgery.

I was just going to post about this. I remember hearing he needed the same surgery that Eddie needed, and that it takes up to 6 months to recover. I agree and don't see why he'd be holding back now, he should really be getting it done asap.

Demko on his hips :" They are ok, got me through the year, we will see doctor, get it fixed, maybe not right away but eventually."

Demko on surgery? : "Just a matter of the timing, try to find right time to do it, in between seasons and things like that."

Demko on #Canucks going after Matt O’Connor : "He's good goalie, end of the day it's a business, always gonna be competition."

Demko on signing with #Canucks : "Have not heard anything yet, taking things slow, I'm sure we will talk more this summer."

• Upvote 4

Demko on his hips :" They are ok, got me through the year, we will see doctor, get it fixed, maybe not right away but eventually."

Demko on surgery? : "Just a matter of the timing, try to find right time to do it, in between seasons and things like that."

Demko on #Canucks going after Matt O’Connor : "He's good goalie, end of the day it's a business, always gonna be competition."

Demko on signing with #Canucks : "Have not heard anything yet, taking things slow, I'm sure we will talk more this summer."

The minute he signs he loses his NCAA Eligablity, I think. I think Plymouth owns his CHL rights, could be be thinking about playing major junior next year?

Guest Dasein

The minute he signs he loses his NCAA Eligablity, I think. I think Plymouth owns his CHL rights, could be be thinking about playing major junior next year?

Late birthday (turning 20 in December) so he would be eligible for the AHL the moment he signs

yeah, as soon as he signs he's no longer NCAA eligible. he wouldn't have to go to the CHL though, he could go AHL or ECHL, and depending on how things go with our goalies would could potentially lose markstrom (waivers or trade) AND eriksson (europe), meaning we'd need a backup to Cannata and a starter in the ECHL. that would be O'connor and Demko.

Late birthday (turning 20 in December) so he would be eligible for the AHL the moment he signs

that doesn't really matter, since he wasn't drafted out of the CHL anyway, he would have been AHL eligible regardless of his turning 20 this december.

• Upvote 1

The reason i said CHL was because, as of now, he would be in the ECHL, behind Markstrome, Erricksson, Cannata. No point making him play in the ECHL when he could possible play 50+ games in the CHL

i agree with your point, although eriksson probably wont be here next season..

i'd say either stay in the NCAA for another year or go play for Plymouth