The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks will make a serious attempt at Iginla

It's rumoured he wants a long-term deal worth 5+ per season.

No thanks.

Well since we are rebuilding, I wouldnt mind seeing him play a few years here to help mentor the youth while playing the PP with the Sedins. He could bring our PP back to life, then who knows what might happen. Remember Linden and Iggy were cool with eachother too.

Yep, I agree.

To Boston in a package for Khokhlachev?

Well, looking at Benning's preferences... maybe Ferlin or Camara fit his ideal player profile a little more closely.

Boychuk

Ferlin

for

Hansen

any lower end prospect we want to get rid of to open up a contract.

If Boston wants to dump Marchand somewhere else, Hansen is a nice piece to slot into their lineup as a replacement forward at a much smaller price tag.

Iginla ? Nope

Stay out of vancity kesler v 2.0

WTF Iginla is Kesler v2.0 ?

first.... Iginla is older so it would be Kesler = Iginla 2.0

second... Iginla had good point totals with boston, is a class act and is well respected around the league, he is nothing like Kesler

WTF Iginla is Kesler v2.0 ?

first.... Iginla is older so it would be Kesler = Iginla 2.0

second... Iginla had good point totals with boston, is a class act and is well respected around the league, he is nothing like Kesler

That your opinon

In reality he is a winy guy who faled in the big game and only shows up when he feels like it

Id rather give the spot to a young guy to proove himself and help us to win the cup in a few years. Iginla wins nothing but money deals

That your opinon

In reality he is a winy guy who faled in the big game and only shows up when he feels like it

Id rather give the spot to a young guy to proove himself and help us to win the cup in a few years. Iginla wins nothing but money deals

Lol ok, you can have your opinion as well but I'd rather have a Vet that can put up guaranteed points during a season rather than a prospect who may not be ready for that role.

Next up, Free Agency. I've been told the #Canucks will take a serious run at Jarome Iginla if he's available July 1. #bruins @CTVVancouver

Actually, I've been told that the Bruins have serious Cap issues and that they would love nothing more then to re-sign Iginla and Iggy would like nothing more then to remain a Bruin, So the solution that Benning wants is Eriksson. The Sedins would have a monster year with Loui riding shotgun. Bruins would want a player like Higgins and a prospect. The Canucks would still have cap room to really take a run at Stastny; 7.5 mil. per year x 4-5 years. Our top 6 is finally looking like a top 6. That Bonino trade was just the start. Love that Benning is rebuilding but still competing.

I'm fine with a couple over payments if they're on 1 or 2 year deals and/or don't have no trade clauses.

I want this team to be competitive while transitioning youth into the lineup. That's how successful teams develop young players.

Right, so let's get them in the lineup! Two-year deal. At least one of Horvat or Gaunce this year, then the other plus Hunter and/or Jake in year 2.

I think he would be a good fit here. Not many UFA's to choose from and he's always been a solid player. Always wanted him on the Canucks, but I think when it comes down to the wire, even if he really wanted to play for Vancouver, he's going to choose a win-now team like L.A.

Meh. Why would Iginla want to come here again? Isn't the only thing he really wants at this point in his career a cup? I mean, Kesler just said the other day we were 4 years from being a contender again, if I were Iginla, I'd heed those words.

I'm personally not very intrigued by this Iginla rumor. But what Kesler said and what Jim Benning/Trevor Linden says when they contact Jarome or his agent regarding contract talks, are two very different aspects. Just because Kesler thinks this is not the year, JB might believe and advertise that he's building a challenger for the upcoming year. A lot has happened already in Vancouver since Kesler made that statement.

I hope we go for someone else that Iginla anyway.

I totally agree with you but at this point it's pretty clear what Tre/Benning's marching orders are,

Interestingly, they are the same marching orders the Flames ownership ruined their team with:

"I don't care what you say, I want to make the playoffs and retain my season ticket base, MAKE IT HAPPEN!"

Since the Flames abandoned that stance they have become a team on the rise,

Oh well, what goes around comes around.

You are unsmart...

I would be against signing Iginla on 3 year deal.

However I would rather have him for 2 years than Vanek/Stastny for 4+

Offer Iggy 2 years at $6M/ and I would be happy. He has a great work ethic and he has a presence on the ice, doesn't get bullied and sticks up for his team mates (all of these things are lacking imo with Vanek and Stastny)

No more long contracts and no more NTCs unless the player is likely to be a franchise player. (we have a GM that is comfortable at the trade table now)

Archived