The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks will make a serious attempt at Iginla

God I can't wait to tell the kiddies this story when I'm old and in a rocking chair

Jim Benning strolled into Vancouver with sunglasses on and a cigarette in his mouth, hired the Calder Cup winning coach and traded our whiny star who only wants to go 2 teams for a young centre that actually had more points than him.. Then he went out and got the twins their dream linemate, Jarome freakin Iginla..

would make for one of the most interesting off seasons ever for nuck fans. Already has been pretty crazy.

Also not sure how iginla and kesler actually got along but I think not having kesler makes Vancouver so much more appealing to Iginla.

Plus the chance to finish a career playing with the twins could put him on a new level .

Iggy an the twins finish 1,2,3 in the scoring race this next season if we get him lol book it. Don't worry I am just daydreaming.

Vrbata is 33 and a 1 time 30+ goal scorer. Moulson's numbers expectedly took a hit after not playing with Tavares. He's probably seeking a longer term deal after being moved twice last year.

Iginla is the ultimate mentor for the young players (esp. Kassian), has hit 30+ goals 13 times, and will probably only seek up to a 3, maybe 4 year contract at the most.

Vrbata as a scorer was an example. Right now a mentor isn't what will make this team play in the playoffs or improve long term. Guys alike Matt Moulson being signed long term is exactly what these team needs. We have a non existent 2nd line hole that needs to be filled long term and a mentor is the last thing needed right now.

Because the next 2-3 years are transition years where we're going to try and remain competitive while filtering in youth into the lineup.

We're not gonna build a team through free agency, which is why it's better to target older players who are more likely to take shorter term deals.

Not the way to create a non existent 2nd line.

Don't think Iggy was impressed by Lucic's testicular terrorism this year.

He would be absolutely perfect imo.

And with him and perhaps a couple more cogs the machine is ready to rumble.

Sedins return to form, power play starts scoring, young blood in the lineup, make the playoffs and we're contending.

I'd offer Iggy a nice payday to be in our lineup starting game 1 with the gentlemen's agreement that if its not working and the twins have not bounced back and the team isn't in playoff contention that he will be dealt to a contender on a sweetheart deal with cash retained if necessary.

I could maybe see Iggy signed to a 2 or 3 year deal here and they agree if he doesn't like how the team is at the trade deadline, we trade him to a contender. At least he could have the security of a few years worth of contract. Maybe not many teams wanna take the risk on giving him term. They would change their tune at the deadline though if they need scoring punch. I bet he signs here. Good mentor for Kass. Great shot with the Sedins!

If people want Iginla, it starts with getting Miller.

No UFA that wants to win a cup is going to be convinced Lack is a number 1 at this point. Too unproven.

Miller in net gives players more confidence in this team IMO.

Ya i'm not so sure about that.

It would be a lie to approach him by saying we are going to win the cup .. i'd approach him with $$$$ , the possibility that he and the twins could make magic and the promise if that doesn't happen that we will give him away to a team of his choosing at the deadline with salary retained so the other team can take him.

If people want Iginla, it starts with getting Miller.

No UFA that wants to win a cup is going to be convinced Lack is a number 1 at this point. Too unproven.

Miller in net gives players more confidence in this team IMO.

Fine. Sign both to 1yr deals and move on. I can't see us actually landing Iginla though. Miller is more likely because it's a buyers market and there's the Benning connection. Hell, we could even sign him long-term.

My problem with Miller is that I find him to be a very unlikeable person. Just me though. If some fans here find Kesler to be snarky, full of himself, and cocky for no reason, then Miller will be viewed here as a straight up jerk. My view though. Doesn't mean much.

My problem with Miller is that I find him to be a very unlikeable person. Just me though. If some fans here find Kesler to be snarky, full of himself, and cocky for no reason, then Miller will be viewed here as a straight up jerk. My view though. Doesn't mean much.

Henrik will throw him up against a wall and set him straight...

Archived