gelinas (wish he stayed longer)

naslund

ohlund

lumme (underrated)

bieksa

jovo

He makes mine,

Gritty leader who really set the tone for the team during a violent era,

We may not have won a lot of games but the Flyers ect. never came to the Pacific coliseum and expected to bully 2 point out of us.The team lacked talent, but we never took a step back during Smyl's watch.

The rest of my list is predictable, Linden, Ohlund, Henrik, Gino, McClean Ect. ext.

How about most disliked?

Mogilny, Messier,.... that about it actually, Bullis was too much fun to hate. Never liked Nathan Laffayete either, didn't like his eyebrows. But he ended up some finanical big wig so I guess he showed me.

Wasn't crazy about Sundin, I thought he had already mentally checked out by the he arrived.

Oh, Esa Tikkenen, the guy was a big problem in the dressing room. Anyone remember the near fight on the bench the night he and Russ C. were traded? It isn't on Youtube and I'd love to see it agin, Bure having to get between two guys, Tikkanen and I can't even remember who the other guy was. Pat Quinn disappeared from the GM perch and announced right after the game Tikkanen and Russ were gone.

Didn't like that Chek dude who kept ending up here for 5 minutes at a time....Rucinsky, gossip was his attitude stunk. Just found out he's running a bakery now. Hope he puts a little more effort into his sweet rolls then he did his puck battles.

Brashear was a bad ass, but I disliked the taunting. If you're going beat a guy up a least give him credit for showing up. McSorley taught him that, the hard way.

This year, I'm all set to dislike Sbisa. You'll see why come Oct.

Favorite Canucks, a little off the beaten path: Ballard, funny guy, great attitude, never backed down. LaPierre: Really entertaining, and in the last year before he left he started backing all his antics up. never given enough credit for how much he distracts the opposition. Dana Murzyn: Lovable Pilon. Artrus Irbe and Garth Snow: I think this combo would have done a lot better then the Potvin, Cloutier era did.

lol

Well, at least all who I remember watching. I don't recall the 82 run or any of Tiger or The Steamer.

There are a lot of Canucks I liked and very few I disliked, but I'll say this, it's going to take A LOT of work by Ryan Miller for me to become a fan. Something just bothers me about him. Him and Vrbata a bit as well. Reminds me of guys like Rucinsky and Jan Bulis. But it's a wee bit early to make a final judgement. I'll try to keep an open mind. Sortof.

Wondering if a thread about most-disliked Canucks ever is needed now.

Damn right,

I do not like those two. Miller for obvious reasons and Vbrata due to the fact that he's that typical mercenary type.

But yes, it's Miller I really don't care for, I hope he gets shelled early on and Lack takes over.

Nobody like Mogilny around here?

I think the reason for that is Mogilny didn't like any of us.

He never wanted to be here and couldn't wait to get out.

When he was finally gone I found the team much more likable in general. One of the worst Canucks ever (From a team perspective)

1. #10 - Obvious, no Canuck has ever been more exciting and few in the NHL have

2. #12 - Epitomized what it meant to be a Canuck, small is size, biggest heart to this day I have seen in a player in a Canuck uniform.

3. #19 - Only second to Bure for clutch and excitement in a Canuck uniform when he was at his best

4. #44 - As close as we got to forgetting Cam Neely

5. #16 - Game 7, broken ribs, heart of a lion

6. #33 - Straw that stirs the drink, incredible treat to watch his artistry, few better in league history in assists

7. #35 (Schnieds)

8. #29 - Heart on his sleeve, protected our star, thoughts and prayers with him now

Honourable Mentions

#14 - Never meant to make it, leader, heart, game 7, one of the most consistent players in our history

#1 - The "save" vs Calgary

#8 - even back then i thought it was a terrible trade and was angry as a kid...I know talent when i see it ;)

#9 - Our first real sniper back in the day, great hands, was clutch, great even trade for Curt Fraser for both teams

#9 - today....love this kid

#1- Bure (by a country mile)

#2- Jovo Cop

#3- Brendan Morrison

#4- Trevor linden

#5- Kirk McLean

#6- Trent Klatt

#7- Willie Mitchell

#8-Markus Naslund

Honourable mentions

Cliff Ronning

Greg Adams

Marty gelinas

Murray baron

Cory Schneider

Matthias ohlund

Alex mogilny

There are far too many for me.

Lets go a little obscure.

Tiger Williams

Richard the king Brodeur

Harold Snepts

Petri Skriko

Darcy Rota

Dennis Kearns

Steamer

John Garrett

Then all the 94 team.

WCE

and 2011

I love me my Canucks. I think it would have been easier to list my top 8 hated Canucks.

Trevor Linden

And then, in no particular order...

Harold Snepts

Sedin and Sedin

Don Lever

Markus Naslund

Kurt McLean

Alex Burrows

Pavel Bure

Going to add, three best Canuck lines, no particular order...

Smyl/Rota/Gradin

Nalund/Bertuzzi/Morrison

Sedin/Sedin/Burrows

Archived