The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

List Your 8 all time fav Canucks..

ShakyWalton

I didn't include Skriko on my list, but I do remember (how clearly, that's debatable!) him being involved in one of the more amazing plays I can remember. Checked quickly online, but couldn't any clips for him.

Don't remember the opponent, but Skriko skated in alone across the blue line and tried to squeeze between the D. One of the D's hipchecked him, and flipped him over. Skriko ended up behind the D, got back up with the puck skated in and scored. Pretty wild play, and who knows how much the memory has grown towards fantasy over time.

I'm not old enough to have seen a lot of the great Canucks play, so while I do have a great amount of admiration for guys like Bure, Smyl, Brodeur, McLean, Gradin, etc, I feel like it would be simply dishonest to have them on this list.

1.Linden

2. Henrik

3. Daniel

4. Kesler (I know this is going to get a fair amount of flaming, but I'm looking at players during their time here, not how they left. Kesler was for a while my favourite NHL player. He was one of the few Canucks who left everything on the ice, every game. I admired his tenacity and skill, and during my minor hockey days wore number 17 and modeled my game after him. I know his leaving left a lot of sour grapes in our collective mouths, but lets not forget what he did for this club while he was here.)

5. Naslund

6. Burrows

7. Bieksa

8. Ohlund

1. Markus Naslund

2. Roberto Luongo

3. Kevin Bieksa

Then in no particular order

Cody Hodgson (yea it might be surprising but I was a huge fan since his Brampton days and was ecstatic when we picked him 10th overall)

Alex Edler

Brendan Morrison

Henrik and Daniel Sedin

Jannik Hansen

I wasn't old enough to fully appreciate and watch the days of Pavel Bure, Alex Mogilny, Trevor Linden, Kirk McLean, Gino Odjick, or any other great Canuck legends.

Nobody like Mogilny around here?

Bure

Mogilny

Kesler

Burrows

Schneider

Bertuzzi

Naslund

Bieksa

Rypien

Jovo

Cooke