The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Yahoo Hockey League - Season 9

kj29

17 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Thursday is a good bet. You can put Ferland on IR+ if you don’t want to drop anyone yet.

edit: he was quoted as saying “I’ll be playing tomorrow” just a few minutes ago. 

You're a good man Arty, I don't care what MM says about you when you're not around.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

You're a good man Arty, I don't care what MM says about you when you're not around.

I know MM doesn’t agree with the lifestyle, but what a man does in his own home is his own business. If I want to drape myself in velvet, I’m draping myself in velvet.

What you have to understand, is they’re two distinct Art’s — Relationship Art and independent Art. Relationship Art is a conscientious personality that is forced upon me by the presence of people. Independant Art is the Personality only MM knows. It has subsets of personalities; Movie Art, Coffeshop Art, Liar Art, Bawny Art.. etc.

These two Art’s cannot co-exit together at the same time. Relationship Art would kill Independant Art! Worlds colliding! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I know MM doesn’t agree with the lifestyle, but what a man does in his own home is his own business. If I want to drape myself in velvet, I’m draping myself in velvet.

What you have to understand, is they’re two distinct Art’s — Relationship Art and independent Art. Relationship Art is a conscientious personality that is forced upon me by the presence of people. Independant Art is the Personality only MM knows. It has subsets of personalities; Movie Art, Coffeshop Art, Liar Art, Bawny Art.. etc.

These two Art’s cannot co-exit together at the same time. Relationship Art would kill Independant Art! Worlds colliding! 

An Art divided against itself cannot stand!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

These two Art’s cannot co-exist together at the same time. Relationship Art would kill Independant Art! Worlds colliding! 

Wow, I didn't know being an ordinary fantasy hockey GM on CDC involved such a high level of sophisticated thinking! Maybe that explains why you're currently in 1st place.

Or could it be a result of an inside job by Criminal Art tampering with the league standings... :frantic:

#InvestigateArt

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

How and why am I the first on the waiver wire priority? :lol:

Thanks for Anders Lee.

I've never understood how Yahoo does waivers. One would think it'd either be reverse order of standings, or based on who most recently made a claim. There's 2 teams still yet to do that...

On 12/19/2018 at 9:09 AM, Master Mind said:

Gonna take a chance on Hart. Could be the keeper goalie I need, or my newest guy to let in 6 goals a game.

Gotta make bold choices to catch up to me! 

Picking up Lee was a simple decision because Panarin was out. Now he’s back and I don’t know who to drop... Tkachuk, Domi, O’Reilly, Nuge... going to lose a good player either way.

26 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Gotta make bold choices to catch up to me! 

Picking up Lee was a simple decision because Panarin was out. Now he’s back and I don’t know who to drop... Tkachuk, Domi, O’Reilly, Nuge... going to lose a good player either way.

Either that, or just get some help from around the league. C'mon guys, don't let Art just roll over you so easily!

I'll take a quality player for free. Been hampered with injuries.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Had to drop someone good. Only got to Keep Panarin because I won the league and gain another keeper. Last year, he produced terribly in Pims, +\- and shots.

True, but you ended up keeping a player that's f@#&ing horse$#!& instead :P

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

so should I drop Nylander already from my hockey pool or keep him in hopes that he heats up white hot to end the season? I need goals Hertl, Tatar and E Kane are available. Who do I pick up?

If it’s a keeper league, you stick it out with nylander. If you want goals this year, probably still stick it out with nylander, but I’d imagine Kane is the best option of the 4.

• Upvote 1