The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

K-Mart begins airing Christmas commercial

I remember one out in Surrey that I used to go to with my Granny.

We would go to the Bridgeview (?) flea market and then to KMart and get lunch. I forget where it was in Surrey, but there was a McDonald's on the corner of the lot.

I suspect my family used to be poor.

How is this a case in point? I'm not offended in any way by any way that someone wants to express a joyous holiday season, whether it be Happy Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, Holidays, Christmas or even if you're a JW and don't want anything to do with it

I do however get offended when self righteous people like yourself make claims that "you people" are guilty of.

I've never seen an atheist get angry at someone for saying "Merry Christmas", the only people I see who get their panties in a bunch over this topic are people like you and Grapefruits.

I've never met anyone who was offended by me saying Merry christmas.

Me either, myself (atheist) included.

I @#$%ing love Christmas.

Calm down Dral, don't get your knickers in a twist. I never called you out. I also don't mind when others greet me with best wishes from their various religious holidays which I don't practice. I'm glad to see that so far most on these boards are very respectful.

To those saying no one has ever been offended by you telling them "Merry Christmas", then you are fortunate enough to probably not interact a lot with strangers or immature people. At both my college campus and my job, I would often receive unpleasant responses for simply saying "Merry Christmas".

Anyway this is veering off the topic so I will stop diverging. ^_^

Calm down Dral, don't get your knickers in a twist. I never called you out. I also don't mind when others greet me with best wishes from their various religious holidays which I don't practice. I'm glad to see that so far most on these boards are very respectful.

To those saying no one has ever been offended by you telling them "Merry Christmas", then you are fortunate enough to probably not interact a lot with strangers or immature people. At both my college campus and my job, I would often receive unpleasant responses for simply saying "Merry Christmas".

If people get so offended, maybe they shouldn't take advantage of those sales then?

Anyway....I don't know if the display is just up all year round, but I walked into a Hallmark the other day and they had their Christmas Tree ornament section up.

Cause I'm obviously all riled up. :frantic: You can tell by my flagrant use of caps and curse words.

What exactly did you mean when you quoted my post and said "case in point", if not to call me out?

I find it very difficult to believe that you would "often" get unpleasant responses on campus for saying Merry Christmas.

Cause I'm obviously all riled up. :frantic: You can tell by my flagrant use of caps and curse words.

What exactly did you mean when you quoted my post and said "case in point", if not to call me out?

I find it very difficult to believe that you would "often" get unpleasant responses on campus for saying Merry Christmas.

Well if he's acting the way he is in this thread while saying "Merry Christmas", it's not the saying itself these people have a problem with.

Who are these people you're talking about? The only ones who ever bring this up outside of the news media (who are obviously trying to stir things up) are the same type of people with bumper stickers reading "Keep the Christ in Christmas"

Same people all over the NFL right now

ha. i assumed you were one of those who didn't like the phrase when you jumped to argue with me. I apologize sinceriously (sincerely and seriously).

yeah you wouldn't understand unless you've attended a public college in the USA. Americans tend to be a lot ruder than Canadians though :P

Well if he's acting the way he is in this thread while saying "Merry Christmas", it's not the saying itself these people have a problem with.

meh to be honest I have a LOT more friends/acquaintances/colleagues who are atheist/pantheist/anti-Christian than I do Christians. Of course, in your case, you might believe I dislike you due to your constant Edler bashing, among many other reasons. Which actually isn't far from the truth. ;)

If you guys want to argue any more just PM me :lol:

Archived