The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keslers return

Orka

It takes a special type of player to make me care after they leave. Kesler is definitely not that player. I have no ill will towards him, I won't boo him, others will, and when they do I won't shed a tear for him. He is a misunderstood person in this market. His dry sense of humour appealed to me, but it obviously rubbed some folks the wrong way. His ego did not help. He was a bit of crybaby at times and he got a legit rep in the league as a diver and that bugged me and others. The fact of the matter is, the guy gave his heart and soul for the team and the market and when all was said and done we wanted a change of scenery. I think it honestly was best for all parties...I just wish we went for the 10th overall pick instead of Bonino, It'sPizza and the Mccann pick.

Iginla did the same thing, and fans of every team think he walks on water. Countless players have used their NTC rights in full. Take your beefs up with our former management team.

As far as the game goes, reality is, he is prob gonna play with an extra gear, and likely be successful. We don't have the firepower to consistently take Anaheim.

Lu only waived to FLA, a lot seems to be forgiven there... A few players have flat out refused to be traded, handcuffing management even more so. Most players that have power, will use it. Especially older players who have paid there due and want to maximize their chances of success. That and not live in ******* Edmonton.

In addition I don't think he only provided 1 team. He provided the necessary teams but only one could do the move. He complied with the contract.

Lu only waived to FLA, a lot seems to be forgiven there...

Lu's agent personally negotiated the trade because mg and torts were yanking him around all season to the point that Lu desperately wanted out. Lu would have waived for a number of teams had MG actually done his job and seeked out suitors. It's a completely different situation.

Exactly....don't see how fans don't see the hypocracy is having a NTC with a list of 5 teams (for when the TEAM ASKS TO MOVE YOU)....

But when you want out you choose 1 team vs accepting a trade anywhere since effectively the team didn't ask you to move...

they need to change that in the CBA

Agreed, it should be like this:

Team asks you to waive = Provide list of teams

You ask team to trade you = You could be traded anywhere

Lu's agent personally negotiated the trade because mg and torts were yanking him around all season to the point that Lu desperately wanted out. Lu would have waived for a number of teams had MG actually done his job and seeked out suitors. It's a completely different situation.

It's not really a different situation. Player wants out- player wants to go where he'd have either a better chance of winning a cup (Kesler) or a place where they have a decent family life (Luongo)

Player still wants to go to his preferential place.

I don't like booing players, but I think Kes will get it from quite a few. That said, I certainly don't want to see a loving video of him before the game. As he's already had his first injury (without even playing a game), he may be injured again by the time said game rolls around. :shock:

Yes because his attitude changed he became errogant, not approachable at one time he was a jokester than he became this primadonna..right after he had his nude picture in a sports magazine things went down hill. He became to high on himself and played the blame game really...He doesnt know how to pass he is one dimensional okay maybe two but not being able to pass the puck to open players did not due the canucks well in the last 3 years. I liked Kessler when he put the team above his self Burrows and Kessler were unstoppable before 2012 then after Kessler should have had his own hospitality service wiping his mouth when he ate, giving him a shower so he did not have too!!! You get the drift... I wont miss Kessler for bailing on us Classy people are here for the long haul...It would be so great for the Canucks to get to the Stanley Cup playoffs and win this time with out him.

Just dont want to see it work out for him he doesnt deserve it he is not classy I want to win the cup so what do you want the team to do buy the cup for you !! Prima Donna Kessler...I will remember before 2011 and during 2011 when he was that good player here. But winning an award, aritcle pictures in magazine = I am the best player ever in my own mind.

I like how a fan can see glimpses of a player in the media and is all of a sudden an expert on there entire life.

We can all speculate what it's like in the locker room, what Kesler's relationships with his teammates were like, or what his mental state is. But we never really know completely.

I'm a big of Kesler fan as anyone, and Imo I don't think he bailed on us, he's just taking his career in a new direction. I respect his choice, and am appreciative of his time here.

You and bunch of others can remember him as a so called "Primadonna" because of some irritated interviews.

I'm gonna remember him fondly for his passion and hardwork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaqN2eFinhg

Anybody remember Kesler's performance this game? even though we lost, I still think this game exemplified what Kesler was as a player.

(Hitting, scoring, hardwork, standing up for his teammates etc)

I like the idea of completely ignoring him, no cheers, no boos, don't even acknowledge his presence. The problem with that is his fans are going to cheer him anyway, so that isn't really an option for those of us that were not impressed with his antics.

ummm ok it fair to say loungo was treated horrible by management but isn't that the same management that kesler had ? so isn't fair enough to say that kesler saw first hand how management treated loungo and in turn didn't want the same treatment that loungo got? I don't blame kesler one bit leaving that gong show of tortrella and gillis , kelser as jeff brown 2.0 it wouldn't surprise me lol ps and those who don't know about jeff brown apparently he did kirk mcleans wife

Archived