The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN - BOS

To BOS: Markstrom, Richardson + 2016 2nd

To VAN: Boychuk + 2015 3rd

Between Rask, Svedberg, and Subban Boston has ZERO need for Markstrom, they'd have to send him down and possibly lose him on waivers, Which means you're suggesting Boston trade Boychuck (who has a ntc btw) and a 3rd for a 4th line center and a 2nd. Why would Boston do that?

Between Rask, Svedberg, and Subban Boston has ZERO need for Markstrom, they'd have to send him down and possibly lose him on waivers, Which means you're suggesting Boston trade Boychuck (who has a ntc btw) and a 3rd for a 4th line center and a 2nd. Why would Boston do that?

Boychuk doesnt have a NTC....Bos can ship him anywhere.

Hopefully here and my package would be Corrado+pick.

Boston cant take salary back as they need every penny to re-sign Smith and Krug.

Would be great to have Boychuk as his right-hand shot would add balance to backend

Boston cant take salary back as they need every penny to re-sign Smith and Krug.

Would be great to have Boychuk as his right-hand shot would add balance to backend

My mistake, he HAD a NTC, it expired May 31st

Richardson could play the 3rd line right wing role since he did play on the 3rd* line for us last season and is versatile enough to play in different forward positions. However, they don`t need Markstrom (we might even lose him in waivers) and I don`t want to give Frank away when Boychuk`s a pending UFA, nor would it be wise to bury him on the third pairing IMO.

I think San Jose would be happy to take Johnny off Boston`s hands. He`d give them some solid depth.

Vlasic - Burns

Braun - Boychuk

Irwin - Demers

Hannan - Tennyson

How about everyone take a risk? They re-build on the fly, pickup an extra winger and stay tough, correct their cap and we risk re-signing a big Vancouverite in 2 years.

They take Higgins, Kassian and a Gaunce for Lucic... B)

Not serious, but it would be fun.

Lucic / Hank / Vrbata

Danny / Bonino / Jensen

Burrows / Vey / Hansen

Mathias / Richardrson / Dorsett

We still have Horvat, McCann, Shinkaruk, Virtanen in the fold...

Honestly, Boychuck would be great. But I don't think we're in a position to be sending a good young player like Corrado anywhere for a rental.

Sign him next year as a UFA in the off season? That would make sense...

Richardson could play the 3rd line right wing role since he did play on the 3rd* line for us last season and is versatile enough to play in different forward positions. However, they don`t need Markstrom (we might even lose him in waivers) and I don`t want to give Frank away when Boychuk`s a pending UFA, nor would it be wise to bury him on the third pairing IMO.

I think San Jose would be happy to take Johnny off Boston`s hands. He`d give them some solid depth.

Vlasic - Burns

Braun - Boychuk

Irwin - Demers

Hannan - Tennyson

You would think after re-signing Marleau and Thornton they would be promoting, peace, harmony and going all in for a guy like Boychuck. Go for a title...

In the meantime, they gave those overpaid veterans who were good but not good leaders NTC's. Then pissed them off and fracked their dressing room. Made noise about re-building.

It would just be another mixed message if they acquired Boychuck. Having Muellers in their pocket, they could have offered Tennyson and a pick. It would have been a deal in my estimation? As smart as it would actually be, I dont see it happening.

How about everyone take a risk? They re-build on the fly, pickup an extra winger and stay tough, correct their cap and we risk re-signing a big Vancouverite in 2 years.

They take Higgins, Kassian and a Gaunce for Lucic... B)

Not serious, but it would be fun.

Lucic / Hank / Vrbata

Danny / Bonino / Jensen

Burrows / Vey / Hansen

Mathias / Richardrson / Dorsett

We still have Horvat, McCann, Shinkaruk, Virtanen in the fold...

Honestly, Boychuck would be great. But I don't think we're in a position to be sending a good young player like Corrado anywhere for a rental.

Sign him next year as a UFA in the off season? That would make sense...

Finally a proposition that has balls and actually makes sense. I would do the Lucic package in a heartbeat. After lastnite, I have alot of love and patience for Gaunce but I think he is a commodity that we have enough of. Horvat, McCann, Cassels makes Gaunce a bit expendable. Kassian best be pullin up his socks to get my thumbs up but Boston already has a Kassian project in Caron so I cant see Kass being too attractive

Boychuk would be great and It would be wise to get him now if you can get him extended right away. Otherwise, Im sure we will be seeing alot of him next year in a Coilers uniform.

Archived