The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-pit

Proposal: I know there may be some financial problems but pure value wise how far off is this?

Pitt: Sbisa, Hansen + 2nd/3rd

Van: Derrick Pouliot

Yeah, fished a similar proposal about a wk back; but I didn't get to whack any trout on the head(they laughed at my lure! :^)

I'd say folks are underestimating the value of some of our dedicated vets; also Pitt is the kind of destination some guys would waive NTC's for.

Maybe not today, but if our vets start rebuilding value, there could be something in it, for both teams.

Would you trade Virtanen for Bortuzzo, Stempniak and a 2nd/3rd?

Exactly. When you make a trade post. Flip the situation and sit as the other team for a second.

If I'm Pittsburghs GM do I really want to trade a top prospect for a bottom 6 forward, a bottom pairing dman and a 2/3nd round pick?

There is even still some decent UFAs unsigned so you could likely get stop gap option and not give up a top draft pick to do it.

There's not much that matches up for a trade between Penguins and Canucks.

The only potential would be along the lines of Pittsburgh trying to make salary cap space with them having only $200,000 in cap space.

I could see us trading a player like Matthias for Brent Sutter only because he's a right handed center and we have just enough cap space to make it work, not sure it makes sense for us to consider that when you compare talent level and economics, Sutter's not enough of an upgrade, so JB would likely stay pat with Matthias whom he seems to like.

Don't see anyone else that would help our roster and be affordable.

Yeah, fished a similar proposal about a wk back; but I didn't get to whack any trout on the head(they laughed at my lure! :^)

I'd say folks are underestimating the value of some of our dedicated vets; also Pitt is the kind of destination some guys would waive NTC's for.

Maybe not today, but if our vets start rebuilding value, there could be something in it, for both teams.

So would you trade our top prospects for "dedicated vets"?

Btw since when is Sbisa and Hansen"dedicated vets"?

Archived