The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Goal Song?

Steve Carell

The music continues to be terrible at Rogers Arena, so what's new? U2 couldn't be less edgy.

Why do we have soft rock play at our arena, and hard rock at everyone else's? How does soft rock and hockey go together at all? I just don't get it, won't get it, and demand music with some bite.

But I guess the crowds that actually show up to games enjoy this kind of auditory diarrhea.

Embarrassing, as usual.

well if you actually were listening you would have heard Panteras walk and Metallicas Master of Puppets, those two alone were never played in DJ daves tenure.

Someone asked a genuine question and this turned into the annual bitching about the goal song thread. :picard:

eg) "OMG this goal song is the worst thing to happen since the holocaust." Or "This goal sone from Jan 1998 to Mar 2008 was the BEST goal song ever. They should bring that back"

Can anyone point me to the annual "The canucks need to change jersey's this year" thread?

It's a song you'll hear for 10 seconds 1-4ish times every other day of your life. if you hate it that much, put your headphones on and listen to whatever you want.

Someone asked a genuine question and this turned into the annual bitching about the goal song thread. :picard:

eg) "OMG this goal song is the worst thing to happen since the holocaust." Or "This goal sone from Jan 1998 to Mar 2008 was the BEST goal song ever. They should bring that back"

Can anyone point me to the annual "The canucks need to change jersey's this year" thread?

It's a song you'll hear for 10 seconds 1-4ish times every other day of your life. if you hate it that much, put your headphones on and listen to whatever you want.

Wellllllll to be fair it is horrible

Dam u guys at the arena should shake things up and listen to your fans!!

We want "World Painted Blood" by Slayer for our goal song.

While we are at it, why do we have to be subjected to your shitty hip hop and electronic crap?

Metal all the way from the start of the game to the finish.

im talking bands like..... Cannibal Corpse, Kahmni, Testament, Slayer, Children of Bodum, Lamb of god, White Chapel, As i Lay Dying, and others like that.

Get it done!!

While we are at it, why do we have to be subjected to your crapty hip hop and electronic crap?

im talking bands like..... Cannibal Corpse, Kahmni, Testament, Slayer, Children of Bodum, Lamb of god, White Chapel, As i Lay Dying, and others like that.

Get it done!!

Gross

While we are at it, why do we have to be subjected to your crapty hip hop and electronic crap?

Get it done!!

I'm gonna assume that this was sarcasm and move on.

I actually liked the new U2 song when I finally heard it. I might be in the minority, but I'm more inspired by the passionate wailing from this song, than the rough vocals from a hard rock song. That's not to say I don't like hard rock.

The song reminded me of how I feel when I hear "where the streets have no name" during Canucks games. To me it represents a strong passion.

• 1 month later...

Archived