The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 4, Haterz 1

TheRussianRocket.

He's made many good plays and been a beast on the pk not to mention hits like a mack track. go back to ur cave troll

I wasn't being sarcastic, the defense was hard to watch until today and it was way better. Including Sbisa. That's a good thing.

I hope that happens. I just think that he isn't a "big name" most people will be looking at Drouin, Ekblad, johnny hockey, guys like that.

True, seems like we need Bure level skill to get noticed but all relative...if he keeps it up his name will hopefully be raised...

Geaudreau has 3 pts in 8 games

Ekblad has 2 in 6 good for a rookie dman but harder for dmen to win the Calder usually

Drouin 1 pt in 2 games and elite skill, playing with Stamkos and has a name ....so if he keeps it up will have all the media focused on him..

If Vey finishes in the top 3 in rookie scoring, his name will be up there...

Sure but the NFL is quite a hard sport to call...

I just think hockey acccepts more botching in general...

Refs are paid big bucks to get it right and for the most part they should, no excuses, they are supposed to be the best of the best.

Add to that the fact other sports are making strives to assist the refs in getting it right the NHL has a long way to go.

anyone else sick of seeing Kass set up richardsson for him to shoot it right at the goalie?

The guy has top 6 written all over him - played well defensively in the past few games - really no egregious give aways since game 2 of the season.

Higgins is absolutely not a top 6 guy and it sickens me watching him there - now that he got a tap in and a 2nd assist I bet ppl think he has chemistry with burr and bonino - Higgins is much more appropriate for the 3rd line

Refs are paid big bucks to get it right and for the most part they should, no excuses, they are supposed to be the best of the best.

Add to that the fact other sports are making strives to assist the refs in getting it right the NHL has a long way to go.

just saying, and many i think would agree, of all the pro sports the NHL has the poorest quality reffing and most inconsistent...

and its because for whatever reason, hockey as a sport has just accepted errors by its officials as part of the game

anyone else sick of seeing Kass set up richardsson for him to shoot it right at the goalie?

The guy has top 6 written all over him - played well defensively in the past few games - really no egregious give aways since game 2 of the season.

Higgins is absolutely not a top 6 guy and it sickens me watching him there - now that he got a tap in and a 2nd assist I bet ppl think he has chemistry with burr and bonino - Higgins is much more appropriate for the 3rd line

uh dont say that, or team Higgins from the gdt (his girlfriend and 2 puck bunny friends) are going to attack you on here...lol...

I love what Higgy brings and agree..he is a perfect/great 3rd liner. I tried to explain to those puck bunnies that its not just me saying this but three coaches clearly thought that given we had issues for 7-8 years of no second line other than kesler and he has never been placed there for any real time....ie the talent evaluators said we lack a second line but ignored this great second liner named higgins in our lineup? lol...the professinal coaches and gm's know less than those three puck bunnies I guess huh?

higgins can work with two very good offensive players and be the garbage man, the dirty work player much as Burr was on the twins line...but on a line of another tweener in Burr, and another player trying to establish himself as a 2nd liner...it doesn't work..sure some nights it will but when it comes to the playoffs, when you NEED a player on the second line that can be dynamic offensively and score, because the twins are being shut down...well no one on that line is capable of that...

do we have much of an alternative? not really...not saying Kassian would do much better at this stage of his career but at least he would be developing....but that doesnt mean Higgins is a 2nd liner skill wise.

The frustrating part is the Canucks seem to be on the raw end of the deal way more times than not and at the most critical time.

Some say its a conspiracy, I think our coaching staff has been far too easy on the refs and if they're not sure how to call something they choose the call that will give them the least grief, ie: against the most passive coach.

So....where's the people complaining about Vey, Bonino, and Higgins?

I never said anything bad about Vey but Bonino and Higgins shut me up tonight! Burrows, too. I feel they just capitalized on the other teams mistakes though but GREAT to see em make em pay!! Long run though? Might still need change, but loved their effort tonight.

Go Canucks Go!! Talk about rolling 4 lines!!!

uh dont say that, or team Higgins from the gdt (his girlfriend and 2 puck bunny friends) are going to attack you on here...lol...

I am not putting the guy down, - I can't do his job and he can't do mine - all I am saying is that the guy has been a round a while and has shown that he can fill in for a top 6 guy on occasion - but he has 1 good game and then is nowhere to be found for 5 games and so on. Kassian has overall had a more impressive season - 2 goals, 1 real beauty, hitting more not taking stupid penalties as much, improved defensively. Higgins is solid defensively and thats about it.

The frustrating part is the Canucks seem to be on the raw end of the deal way more times than not and at the most critical time.

Some say its a conspiracy, I think our coaching staff has been far too easy on the refs and if they're not sure how to call something they choose the call that will give them the least grief, ie: against the most passive coach.

I think its just inconsistency throughout the reffing in the league, all teams deal with it....

I think its just inconsistency throughout the reffing in the league, all teams deal with it....

I agree the inconsistency is the problem but if you were a ref and blinked when something happened then needed to make a call or not and you knew one coach was going to rip your head off and the other would stare at you and chew his gum, how would you call it?

Hence some teams get a lot of favourable calls and other teams get screwed.

Archived