The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 4, Haterz 1

TheRussianRocket.

Good game, thought miller gave us a chance to win. Obviously without some of the saves he made we would have lost, but he made the big save in at the right time.

Vey was good, seems to make Hansen and Dorset better. Too bad he won't get noticed for the Calder.

Why do you say that? never know, the season is long...kid is on pace for 40-50 points and if he manages that he will be noticed..but that will be tough...

Solid games by Miller, Edler, Vey and second line .. perfect teams game by all the rest .. I love Kassian for reinforcing Bieksa's message to Backes at the end of the game .. he looked like a scared puppy .. we will own that team this year .. again .. they lost some 'nasty' with Polak gone .. maybe they do have the flu ..

Solid games by Miller, Edler, Vey and second line .. perfect teams game by all the rest .. I love Kassian for reinforcing Bieksa's message to Backes at the end of the game .. he looked like a scared puppy .. we will own that team this year .. again .. they lost some 'nasty' with Polak gone .. maybe they do have the flu ..

Can you elaborate?? I missed the game.

I could watch them play that type of game all season. Obviously you want to eliminate silly mistakes like the too many men penalties but other than that I thought they actually played pretty well in their own zone.

When he needed to be there Miller was. Great save which lead to the 2-1 goal, that's what a big money goaltender can do for you. As a fan watching on TV I feel more at ease with Miller in net (to be fair I did not watch the Dallas game, not sure what happened there). That's a feeling I had with Schneider, but never really had with Luongo as great as he could be.

The last 3 games were going to give me an idea of where the Canucks are at this year. As nice as it is to still have them in the same division, not all games will be against the Flames and Oilers of the world so you need to be able to have good showings against teams like St. Louis and Dallas which they did tonight and it sounds like they did despite the score in the Stars game.

Why do you say that? never know, the season is long...kid is on pace for 40-50 points and if he manages that he will be noticed..but that will be tough...

I hope that happens. I just think that he isn't a "big name" most people will be looking at Drouin, Ekblad, johnny hockey, guys like that.

reffing in the nhl is crap...every team sees this...talk to fans around the league...just very inconsistent...of all the professional sports i believe it to be the worst...

NFL - ever hear fans complaining about the refs 'costing a game' - nope...in fact few even debated calls...seen as the best of the best.

MLB - ever hear fans saying the ump cost them the game? nope

NBA - ever hear fans saying refs cost them them game? nope

NHL - all the time...

The fact even commentators say the 'refs will even it up soon' tells us that there is too much gaming by refs in the league...hockey has always been that way, and for whatever reason refs are given alot of rope on what to call and not call...vs other leagues that seem to expect very little 'game management'...a foul is a foul in the other leagues..not so in the NHL and hockey

I don't agree with it but it is what it is...

those other sports are at a snails pace compared to the NHL, calls are going to be botched its just part of the game unfortunately.

Archived