The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reinhart back to Kootenay

timberz21

They've been smoked by the opposing teams 11 times to be exact. The 2 games that they "won" were to the credit of Enroth's and Neuvirth's play.

The Sabres will get better, but not for 2 or 3 more years. This kind of losing atmosphere is terrible for young players. Hopefully Zadorov goes back to Juniors as well.

Ristolainen on the other hand is 20 years old and very mature for his age and can handle this heat and is getting 15-20 minutes a night. He's going to be an excellent defenceman for years to come. I hope he stays with the big club instead of going to the AHL.

Ristolainen is going to be a fantastic defenseman. Heading into the 2013 draft I was practically consumed with finding a way to draft him. If he's sitting there at #9 I don't think Vancouver takes him, but man I wish there was a way to pry him from the Sabres.

Kinda using the generational talent a bit loosely there. Sam Reinhart and Aaron Ekblad are certainly not generational talents.

Gretzky was a generational talent Mario Lemeiux was a generational talent Jaromir Jagr was a generational talent. Now there's Crosby. This upcoming draft is expected to bring in two more to join those names. These kinda talents only come along about once every decade or so.

That is why multiple teams are going to be falling over each other in an effort to be able to pick one of them up.

Once every decade? You named three people from the same decade as generational talent.

Once every decade? You named three people from the same decade as generational talent.

Gretzky - 1979

Mario - 1984

Jagr - 1988

That was a very good 10 years. There's more than 1 reason why I keep saying that I miss 1980's hockey. It was those 3 until Sid came in 2005. That was a 17 year gap of an all time great generational talent. In those 17 intervening years there was great talent just not generational. It all usually balances out in the end.

I'd go over the generational talent before Gretzky, but I'm feeling too lazy right now and I'm annoyed with my favourite team getting their as*es handed to them as per usual.

Gretzky - 1979

Mario - 1984

Jagr - 1988

That was a very good 10 years. There's more than 1 reason why I keep saying that I miss 1980's hockey. It was those 3 until Sid came in 2005. That was a 17 year gap of an all time great generational talent. In those 17 intervening years there was great talent just not generational. It all usually balances out in the end.

I'd go over the generational talent before Gretzky, but I'm feeling too lazy right now and I'm annoyed with my favourite team getting their as*es handed to them as per usual.

Lindros could've have been the 90s man, but alas, injuries took their toll.

Lindros could've have been the 90s man, but alas, injuries took their toll.

The potential was there, but with his style of play injuries often happen. If he had changed that style though, he wouldn't have been as good. If Lindros played back in the days of the old greats like Bobby Orr, his style of play would have made him a legend back then.

To this day, I can't believe what Philadelphia gave up to get him. The man was a great player, but Philly gave up too much. For the most part, he was only average during the playoffs when it counted. Had Philadelphia instead kept what they gave up for Lindros, they would have won at least 2 cups.

Also, missing a full year of hockey because he wasn't happy about his contract didn't help.

Even with his injuries and multiple poor playoffs performances, I would certainly stick Lindros in the Top 50 best players to ever play the game.

I wonder if all of Lindros' old concussions still affect him to this day. You never really hear much about him.

The potential was there, but with his style of play injuries often happen. If he had changed that style though, he wouldn't have been as good. If Lindros played back in the days of the old greats like Bobby Orr, his style of play would have made him a legend back then.

To this day, I can't believe what Philadelphia gave up to get him. The man was a great player, but Philly gave up too much. For the most part, he was only average during the playoffs when it counted. Had Philadelphia instead kept what they gave up for Lindros, they would have won at least 2 cups.

Also, missing a full year of hockey because he wasn't happy about his contract didn't help.

Even with his injuries and multiple poor playoffs performances, I would certainly stick Lindros in the Top 50 best players to ever play the game.

I wonder if all of Lindros' old concussions still affect him to this day. You never really hear much about him.

I think I saw a bit of a small documentary talking about his life after hockey and unfortunately, I think they still affect him. Nasty risk one takes when playing hockey.

I think I saw a bit of a small documentary talking about his life after hockey and unfortunately, I think they still affect him. Nasty risk one takes when playing hockey.

That's a shame but not unexpected.

I'm fortunate because even though I played hockey and football, I never had the misfortune of getting concussed.

Man Buffalo is just a mess right now, absolutely terrible team. I can't see them making the playoffs for the next 5-6 years.

Once all of the high draft picks mature in a couple years, the Sabres will be fine. They are consistently ranked as having the best prospect pool in the league. That's the whole point of tanking. You have your pieces soon to be in place and all you need is a superstar to complete the picture. If you tank before you have your pieces then you're doomed to failure. Look at Edmonton for proof. I have no doubt that the Sabres will be back in the playoffs in 3 years time. There's just so much talent coming up the pipeline. By that time, most of the players on the team will be first and second round draft picks. That's why the Sabres have stockpiled picks like crazy these last 2-3 years. Just in this upcoming draft alone, they have 3 first round picks and two second rounders. That's just what they have so far for a hugely deep 2015 draft board. If they move Stewart and Myers they'll have at least one more first rounder as well as another second rounder. The asking price right now just for Myers is a 2015 first round pick and two upper level prospects. Even with that price tag, teams like Detroit are said to be very interested.

Just like most people on CDC have said, the Sabres have a seriously bright future ahead of them. Until those picks are ready to go, the Sabres and fans like me are going to go through some seriously bad times.

Archived