The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ferguson, Missouri Grand Jury Decision Update: No Indictmen of Officer Who Shot Michael Brown

DonLever

these morons would have started a riot regardless of the outcome

much like the idiots that started the 2011 cup riot here. different circumstances, same mentality

Yup I live not very far from St Louis and people were coming to demonstrations prepared to riot. Sadly, even though the right decision was made, Officer Wilson likely won't be able to live a normal life anymore.

“We are profoundly disappointed that the killer of our child will not face the consequence of his actions,” the statement said. “While we understand that many others share our pain, we ask that you channel your frustration in ways that will make a positive change. We need to work together to fix the system that allowed this to happen.”

what do u mean?

I mean that some people are going to riot, no matter what. When you wake up tomorrow morning check an American news site (or maybe don't - they're all terrible) and you'll see news about a riot. I am part of an outreach to kids in rough neighborhoods and we had to prepare ourselves for evacuating the neighborhoods yesterday if they had announced something then.

I mean that some people are going to riot, no matter what. When you wake up tomorrow morning check an American news site (or maybe don't - they're all terrible) and you'll see news about a riot. I am part of an outreach to kids in rough neighborhoods and we had to prepare ourselves for evacuating the neighborhoods yesterday if they had announced something then.

lol no I meant why can't the police officer live a normal life anymore

Good ol' court of public opinion justice.

People are the ones who have to put pressure on officials to change laws. What's wrong with that?

If police officers are being given the ability to murder people with impunity, then something is wrong. And yes it was murder.

lol no I meant why can't the police officer live a normal life anymore

Ha. I misunderstood, sorry. I can't concretely say what will happen, but Wilson will be known for most, if not all the rest of his life as the guy who shot Michael Brown. Generalizations, fair and unfair, will be made, and he basically will have no social status anymore. Probably might need protection for him and his family.

Nothing is subjective or dramatized. The evidence is laid out for everyone to see.

Another unarmed kid was shot dead. Where's the justice in that?

No, not "everyone", laid out for a grand jury, who said of several investigations conducted independently there was no evidence to indict him on any crime, with far less evidence required than "beyond reasonable doubt". You don't know more than them. Quit pretending you do.

This is all about an emotional bandwagon and little else. Makes a huge joke of actual police abuse, and actual race issues.

The "kid" was 6'4, 290 pounds. He chose to get into a struggle with the officer. He is no innocent victim here.

Who cares how big he was?

Does that mean it's okay to use deadly on an unarmed person?

If the officer couldn't handle him, he should have called for backup. They are trained to take down guys that big. Either through the use of non lethal weapons, or take down techniques.

If you're not stronger than an 18 year old at 28 then maybe you shouldn't be in law enforcement.

No, not "everyone", laid out for a grand jury, who said of several investigations conducted independently there was no evidence to indict him on any crime, with far less evidence required than "beyond reasonable doubt". You don't know more than them. Quit pretending you do.

Right, because the jury system never fails. :lol:

Beyond a reasonable doubt, doesn't mean innocent by the way. It just means guilt couldn't be proven. Big difference.

Right, because the jury system never fails. :lol:

Beyond a reasonable doubt, doesn't mean innocent by the way. It just means guilt couldn't be proven. Big difference.

You should learn the difference between the evidence required to indict someone vs. evidence in a criminal trial.

I just laid it out and you just completely whiffed on it.

This is what happens when you jump on a bandwagon of emotion and dramatics.

Archived