The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ferguson, Missouri Grand Jury Decision Update: No Indictmen of Officer Who Shot Michael Brown

DonLever

You didn't answer my question. When should someone take responsibility for their actions? And yes, everyone makes mistakes at all stages of life. However, most people don't make mistakes like robbing a store and attacking a police officer. And I never said that it should cost him his life, I just said it did(regretfully). Don't put words in my mouth.

I get my information from as many sources as possible. I try to avoid the more biased sites like Fox News since they can easily twist the facts to suit their views. And I am just making an educated guess that I would be more in the loop than you, since I'm living in the States and not too far away from the tragedy.

I'm not sure what you mean by "taking responsibility for their actions".

He would have taken responsibility if he was detained and put in jail like good cops are trained to do, rather than using deadly force. Can't really take responsibility when you're dead.

I also get my information from multiple sources. If I took all my information from fox news, I would likely have the opinion that the shooting was just, which seems to be a popular opinion on here.

Proximity to the event doesn't equal better knowledge. Not sure why that makes a difference.

Actually, whether he is a police officer or not, they are tried the same way. It's not that he's a cop that he's given some extra 9 lives before court. Forget what you see from TV.

While he may be cleared of wrongdoing in a public court, that doesn't mean that there aren't repercussions for the police officer from the department itself, if necessary.

There is significantly more responsibility as a police officer than a regular citizen, as you know. Every move, every decision that you make MUST BE justifiable in the eyes of the law. If you have witnesses that argue against you, you're pretty screwed, cop or not.

Forget what I see on tv? What you mean like the news?

If you don't think cops get special treatment in the eyes of the law, then I don't know what to say.

Killing someone who was not immediately endangering your life is not a crime?

That's news to me.

You can't go in and confront someone, and then shoot them when they get the better of you. That's not self defense.

If he couldn't cuff him on his own, he should have waited for backup.

If you cannot arrest them on your own, stalk them through neighbourhoods and shoot them point blank in the head and claim it's self defense in Florida.

The trend of cops and citizens getting away with crimes against "minorities" in America is getting seriously out of hand.

I don't think anyone can really refute this fact.

Now think like this. A lot of minorities get shot while being unarmed. Yet a lot of white kids shooting up schools and theaters and coming out armed are getting...subdued and brought in

That is a stat that someone just brought up on the BBC in regards to this. I will try to find a link but they posted some disturbing numbers that showed white criminals while armed are getting subdued while minorities are getting shot dead while unarmed at a staggering 6 to 1 ratio nation wide in the US.

Rather crazy IF that stat is true

Killing someone who was not immediately endangering your life is not a crime?

That's news to me.

You can't go in and confront someone, and then shoot them when they get the better of you. That's not self defense.

If he couldn't cuff him on his own, he should have waited for backup.

53676205.jpg

To even imply the evidence in this case was tampered by fellow cops is an extraordinary claim requiring extraordinary evidence that nobody is going to be able to provide. I won't deny it happens but I certainly won't go as far as to say it happens regularly or it happened in this case.

I completely agree. But 3 bullets to the back of a teenagers skull at point blank range or whatever the final numbers was is beyond incredible.

To find him faultless is, a little hard to take

No the prosecuters provide evidence that cops have gathered. How hard is that to understand? :picard:

They also work for the same system that the cops do, and tend to sympathize with cops.

The grand jury examine not only evidence acquired by the police but from autopsies, and eye witnesses, many of whom changed their stories or admitted they were just going along with what they heard.

It sounds like you're saying the jury should just disregard evidence just cuz you say so and believe.. whoever's subjective opinion of what social justice is.

Brilliant!

To even imply the evidence in this case was tampered by fellow cops is an extraordinary claim requiring extraordinary evidence that nobody is going to be able to provide. I won't deny it happens but I certainly won't go as far as to say it happens regularly or it happened in this case.

Never said it was tampered with.

Certain facts can be left out, and testimony can be manipulated.

By jove .. you've got it!!

I completely agree. But 3 bullets to the back of a teenagers skull at point blank range or whatever the final numbers was is beyond incredible.

To find him faultless is, a little hard to take

Didn't the prosecutor say Brown wasn't shot from behind and any claims saying differently is just misinformation propagated by social media and the media itself.

The grand jury examine not only evidence acquired by the police but from autopsies, and eye witnesses, many of whom changed their stories or admitted they were just going along with what they heard.

It sounds like you're saying the jury should just disregard evidence just cuz you say so and believe.. whoever's subjective opinion of what social justice is.

Brilliant!

It's all based on how well the prosecution presents their case. ;)

Lets just say sometimes they "lob one in there" for the defense.

Didn't the prosecutor say Brown wasn't shot from behind and any claims saying differently is just misinformation propagated by social media and the media itself.

He did. Obviously that went on deaf ears. This is also something that should be expected with high profile cases.

Archived