The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ferguson, Missouri Grand Jury Decision Update: No Indictmen of Officer Who Shot Michael Brown

DonLever

Is CNN trying to kill Cuomo and Lemon? wtf.

Getting shot with rubber bullets and choking on gas isn't worth being on the front line of animals destroying property..

Lol it's pretty funny watching those idiot reporters coughing or trying to get behind police lines. Anything for a story I guess.

Didn't the prosecutor say Brown wasn't shot from behind and any claims saying differently is just misinformation propagated by social media and the media itself.

Initially that was the sticking point wasn't it?

That he was shot in the back of the head at close range multiple times?

I don't plan on commenting much in this thread as there's no question it's gonna get out of hand, but wasn't that the prosecutors whole case was some shots at close range to the back of the head?

I didn't rob convienience stores, assault the clerk, and then attack police officers afterwards

1503394_10152402725946712_37743606367089

That's not a clerk...that's an older woman and a customer of the store by the footage they've shown

**Edit, nevermind. That aint no old woman at all and he sure doesn't appear to be helping them avoid a slip or fall

Forget what I see on tv? What you mean like the news?

If you don't think cops get special treatment in the eyes of the law, then I don't know what to say.

By this, I meant, forget the TV cop shows. Procedurally, you don't get a "free pass" just because you know someone or if you're a cop with connections.

The cops DO NOT get special treatment from the system. There is nothing in law that says that they benefit from the system. When a murder happens, there is an investigation. That is the system.

It's not necessarily that the system is broken, but it's clear that corruption and mismanagement is at play.

We may be arguing about semantics but the system itself does not allow cops to get special treatment. They are supposed to be held to a higher standard.

The checks and balances are non-existent though.

I haven't been following this story at all, but there are a number of people in this thread that seem to be waiting with bated breath for riots to break out, as if to reinforce certain beliefs or opinions, whatever those may be.

Like after a sporting event? Maybe waiting for their moment to hit a London Drugs or something?

By this, I meant, forget the TV cop shows. Procedurally, you don't get a "free pass" just because you know someone or if you're a cop with connections.

The cops DO NOT get special treatment from the system. There is nothing in law that says that they benefit from the system. When a murder happens, there is an investigation. That is the system.

It's not necessarily that the system is broken, but it's clear that corruption and mismanagement is at play.

We may be arguing about semantics but the system itself does not allow cops to get special treatment. They are supposed to be held to a higher standard.

The checks and balances are non-existent though.

So you're saying it was a murder?

The law does treat cops differently, because they have different rights than regular citizens.

For example, cops are allowed to openly carry a weapon. They're also allowed to draw that weapon if they feel they or the public is in immediate danger. They're not however allowed to shoot unarmed people that are not an immediate threat.

Cops will always get leeway though because they are in the line of duty, and I do believe they are doing what's best to protect themselves. But they do make mistakes that cost people their lives. And I think this is one of those cases.

Archived