The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ferguson, Missouri Grand Jury Decision Update: No Indictmen of Officer Who Shot Michael Brown

DonLever

Holy white crusaders, Batman.

If I was born yesterday and only had this thread to form an opinion by, I'd cry for white people for all the persecution and mistreatment they are victims to in America. And I'd blame white liberals for it all. Those monsters.

Careful guys, don't throw your hoods in with the colors.

The Washington Post

There is a second Eric Garner video. It may be more disturbing than the first.https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=720869141311887&id=100001664227996&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsweek.com%2Fsecond-eric-garner-video-has-surfaced-facebook-289876&refid=9&_rdr#_=_

By Emily Badger December 5

There is a second Eric Garner video. It shows not the now-infamous scene that ultimately led to his death the confrontation with New York Police Department officers, one grabbing Garner around his neck, Garner's body thrown to the ground but the aftermath. For seven minutes, a disgusted bystander continues to film as Garner lies, unmoving, on the sidewalk, police officers involved in the incident milling around him.

The video was originally posted on Facebook over the summer but has received renewed attention after a grand jury decided not to indict an officer involved in the altercation. As Harry Siegel at the New York Daily News points out, this video is almost more disturbing or disturbing in a way that says something slightly different about Garner and the officers in question. About Garner: If he appears in the first video as the subject of police aggression, here he barely seems to warrant their attention at all. About the officers: They betray no sense of urgency or concern as they wait for first responders. It's as if the event were almost banal.

The moment is much shorter than the four-and-a-half hours Michael Brown's body lay in the street after his death. But it says something similar, that the way we treat a body reflects how we value the life.http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/12/05/there-is-a-second-eric-garner-video-it-may-be-more-disturbing-than-the-first/

I expressed this in an earlier post...ive seen roadkill in indonesia treated with more respect. Murderers or not those cops are pigs.

? Please point out where in the multiple videos he is tackled for resisting arrest ? He is basically taken down by 5 officers with no probable cause and is choked to death. Racism no, but flat out murder yes.

I would like to see how well anyone fairs getting choked out for over 3 minutes before the officer lets go. Health issues my ass.

What BS

"Don't touch me, don't touch me". The flailing around and failing to cooperate with the arresting officers is resisting arrest. He isn't being violent in doing so, but it is still resisting arrest. As soon as he starts swinging his arms around when the cops attempt to grab him, that is resisting. If you don't know why he was being arrested, do some more research. The guy recording it sure didn't know.

Health issues: But the autopsy further noted that Garner died thanks to acute and chronic bronchial asthma, obesity, and heart disease.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/12/03/actual-facts-Eric-Garner

You just don't eff around with cops. The odds are against you, and losing can be deadly. If you happen to win, chances are you end up in prison.

Oh, you know more than the city medical examiner now? Please post your credentials to show you know more than he does. Did you actually examine the body like the ME did to come up with your "analysis"? Even the guys on Fox News won't agree with your pitiful argument. You say there's "too much government and taxes", yet you don't seem to care that a street entrepreneur is dead because a cop who has a history of assaulting suspects choked him to death. If he had been a Tea Party member and a black cop had treated him the way Garner was treated, we would never hear the end of it from you.

Damn, you sound just like him.

Which part about the ME are you referring to. If it is the definition of homicide, as opposed to murder, I already quoted Cornell Law about this. If it's his physical condition, you can see my quote above.

It is sad that the guy died. But, as I have stated numerous times here, he died as a result of his actions of resisting arrest, compounded by his health issues. If the hold used was illegal, then the cop probably should have been indicted (despite your court of public opinion, all facts need to be taken into account). If the hold used was against policy, then he should be reprimanded, suspended, or fired by the NYPD and the family should win their lawsuit. If the hold was legal, then there should be little to no repercussions.

I have not seen anyone prove that the hold was illegal (to be fair, I haven't read every post here). There have been comments that it was, but AFAIK, those were only based on the concept that certain chokeholds are illegal. And, by illegal, I mean against the law. NYPD guidelines are not law. So, before quoting some site that uses the phrase, please check to be sure that confirms it was against the law and not just police policy.

What does my position on government and taxes have anything to do with this? You keep trying to use this as some kind of point in so many threads when you attempting to debate with a conservative or libertarian, but the point doesn't makes any sense. At least, it didn't in this thread. Where's Inigo Montoya when I need him?

In fact, this particular situation arose because of high taxes and the NY city government trying to enforce them. Perhaps if cigarettes didn't cost about $13/pack in NYC, there wouldn't be a black-market for loosies.

"Don't touch me, don't touch me". The flailing around and failing to cooperate with the arresting officers is resisting arrest. He isn't being violent in doing so, but it is still resisting arrest. As soon as he starts swinging his arms around when the cops attempt to grab him, that is resisting. If you don't know why he was being arrested, do some more research. The guy recording it sure didn't know.

Health issues: But the autopsy further noted that Garner died thanks to acute and chronic bronchial asthma, obesity, and heart disease.

You just don't eff around with cops. The odds are against you, and losing can be deadly. If you happen to win, chances are you end up in prison.

Which part about the ME are you referring to. If it is the definition of homicide, as opposed to murder, I already quoted Cornell Law about this. If it's his physical condition, you can see my quote above.

It is sad that the guy died. But, as I have stated numerous times here, he died as a result of his actions of resisting arrest, compounded by his health issues. If the hold used was illegal, then the cop probably should have been indicted (despite your court of public opinion, all facts need to be taken into account). If the hold used was against policy, then he should be reprimanded, suspended, or fired by the NYPD and the family should win their lawsuit. If the hold was legal, then there should be little to no repercussions.

I have not seen anyone prove that the hold was illegal (to be fair, I haven't read every post here). There have been comments that it was, but AFAIK, those were only based on the concept that certain chokeholds are illegal. And, by illegal, I mean against the law. NYPD guidelines are not law. So, before quoting some site that uses the phrase, please check to be sure that confirms it was against the law and not just police policy.

What does my position on government and taxes have anything to do with this? You keep trying to use this as some kind of point in so many threads when you attempting to debate with a conservative or libertarian, but the point doesn't makes any sense. At least, it didn't in this thread. Where's Inigo Montoya when I need him?

In fact, this particular situation arose because of high taxes and the NY city government trying to enforce them. Perhaps if cigarettes didn't cost about $13/pack in NYC, there wouldn't be a black-market for loosies.

Daniel Strauss TPMLivewire

Rand Paul: Garner Chokehold Death Cop Shouldn't Be A Cop Anymore

12/8/2014 16:51 PM EDT

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) suggested the police officer who applied a chokehold to Eric Garner that resulted in Garner's death should probably not "be a policeman any more."

Paul made the comments during a fundraiser for Mississippi Republicans on Monday. Paul had previously blamed the entire incident that resulted in Garner's death on a New York City cigarette tax (a point that Jon Stewart lampooned on the Daily Show).

On Monday Paul, according to the Clarion-Ledger, said he was "horrified" by Garner's death.

"While the grand jury has made its decision, whether or not a policeman who accidentally kills someone while stopping them from distributing cigarettes, that's probably a lack of discretion and you probably shouldn't have the power to be a policeman any more, at the very least," Paul said according to the Clarion-Ledger.

He did note that he's been criticized for the tax remark.

"Over the half price of cigarettes in New York City is taxes, so you've criminalized behavior that really the police shouldn't be involved with to begin withI'm not even sure that Garner had any individual cigarettes on him," Paul said.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rand-paul-eric-garner-choke-hold-policeman

Oh, you know more than the city medical examiner now? Please post your credentials to show you know more than he does. Did you actually examine the body like the ME did to come up with your "analysis"? Even the guys on Fox News won't agree with your pitiful argument. You say there's "too much government and taxes", yet you don't seem to care that a street entrepreneur is dead because a cop who has a history of assaulting suspects choked him to death. If he had been a Tea Party member and a black cop had treated him the way Garner was treated, we would never hear the end of it from you.

Damn, you sound just like him.

lol

Holy white crusaders, Batman.

If I was born yesterday and only had this thread to form an opinion by, I'd cry for white people for all the persecution and mistreatment they are victims to in America. And I'd blame white liberals for it all. Those monsters.

Careful guys, don't throw your hoods in with the colors.

I'm just showing what is happening daily that everyone ignores but I guess that makes me an evil nazi because I care about white victims of hate crimes.

http://topconservativenews.com/2014/12/white-protester-brutally-bashed-with-a-hammer-at-eric-garner-protest/

So the 7 minute strangle hold on his trachea had nothing to do with him dying ! Are you seriously this naive ?

Garner died because he was choked to death live on camera ! He probably would have lived another 20 years with his Asthma and obesity. Lifting your hands up is not resisting arrest. Do you live in Nazi Era Germany ?

I'm just showing what is happening daily that everyone ignores but I guess that makes me an evil nazi because I care about white victims of hate crimes.

http://topconservativenews.com/2014/12/white-protester-brutally-bashed-with-a-hammer-at-eric-garner-protest/

Man, the comments there on that story..

Magister Luddite 5 hours ago

Let's hope they beat some sense into this complete idiot...

Nice story, by the way.

Once again, another white man who wanted to join the protesters, was brutally attacked for being white. This time, the victim was bashed in the head with a hammer!

Police say the man was bashed in the head with a hammer along Martin Luther King Blvd. The man had written “Police: Stop Killing Black Men” and other messages on his shirt.

The perps didn’t care that he was trying to show support for their “cause.” They simply wanted to cause serious bodily harm to a white person. Any white person would do.

Here's the attack on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2L1zcRwPSg

Yup, definitely attacked for being white. Certainly nothing to do with standing up to rioting protesters criminals (calling them protesters is a real misnomer, they're not protesting, merely using protests as cover).

No wonder the only search results framing this story as such are Conservativenews and Stormfront forums.

Better luck next time, you noble crusader for the survival of the white race.

Plus 1... for yet another glaring example why your ilk shouldn't be taken seriously.

/Cue more the cries of racist white liberal media not covering black on white crime.

Man, the comments there on that story..

Nice story, by the way.

Here's the attack on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2L1zcRwPSg

Yup, definitely attacked for being white. Certainly nothing to do with standing up to rioting protesters criminals (calling them protesters is a real misnomer, they're not protesting, merely using protests as cover).

No wonder the only search results framing this story as such are Conservativenews and Stormfront forums.

Better luck next time, you noble crusader for the survival of the white race.

Plus 1... for yet another glaring example why your ilk shouldn't be taken seriously.

/Cue more the cries of racist white liberal media not covering black on white crime.

You're right I got the story wrong but I am not a racist or storm front user. I am just sick of the media that always pulls out the race card when a black person is killed by a white person yet they refuse to talk about black on black crime or black on white crime that happens at a much higher rate.

You're right I got the story wrong but I am not a racist or storm front user. I am just sick of the media that always pulls out the race card when a black person is killed by a white person yet they refuse to talk about black on black crime or black on white crime that happens at a much higher rate.

Yeah, Fox News sure does that a lot.

So the 7 minute strangle hold on his trachea had nothing to do with him dying ! Are you seriously this naive ?

Garner died because he was choked to death live on camera ! He probably would have lived another 20 years with his Asthma and obesity. Lifting your hands up is not resisting arrest. Do you live in Nazi Era Germany ?

I think most of the right wing posters on here wish they did, and keep hoping the USA turns into that.

You'd think a strangle hold of the trachea that was deep enough to single handily kill a person would leave damage, but yet it didn't. You'd also think it would prevent a guy from yelling, but yet it didn't.

He broke the law and resisted arrest, he was also on probation. He played the game and lost.

You'd think a strangle hold of the trachea that was deep enough to single handily kill a person would leave damage, but yet it didn't. You'd also think it would prevent a guy from yelling, but yet it didn't.

He broke the law and resisted arrest, he was also on probation. He played the game and lost.

You can't even sell that BS to Rand Paul, Dubya, or Bill O'Reilly.

Archived