The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Article: Are The Canucks Back On Track? CBS Sports

nuck luck

I've believed this team lead by the twins all along. As long as we have them we are elite cup contenders.

Only Anaheim, kings, hawks and blues stand in our way.

The eastern teams are a cake walk.

2015 cup or go home. That being said, the refs will probably do their best in the playoffs to make sure we get knocked out. But we got by teams even with refs against us in 2011. We're good enough to repeat.

Thats wrong bro, we have yet to win a game with the refs go against us in the playoffs. People on here always complain about the refs being bad when I think they are okay. But in the playoffs its crystal clear when they are against us.

In 2011 against chicago in games 4 5 6, it got so bad that Gillis had to take it to the media and in game 7 the reffing was a lot better. (Not because Gillis yelled at the league like people before him but because he just stated their PP opportunities compared to ours and just listening to that everyone got the point). In the final games 3 4 6 7 were some of the worst reffed games I have ever seen. Against the Kings and the Sharks it was also very very bad reffing. I think calling out the reffing in the long-term hurt the team a lot and we had many divers too.

But I think now that Gillis, Lapierre, Kesler, Torres are gone and Burrows is playing a much different role, the refs are slowly returning back to how the did before we had these players.

Still too early to tell. I remember when the Wild and Oilers were on such streaks and we had a december to remember...

The signs are good and I hope we continue to do well but after the all star break is when we will really start to know where we are at.

The old "we would have won if we didn't have injuries" argument. Sigh.

Why is that a bad argument?

The Nucks were banged up in far more devestating areas than Boston and it still went seven games. Is it not a safe arghument that had we had hamhuis and Kesler 100% Bieksa not slashed in the leg and MayRay back unbroken while the Bruins still had Horton that we would have prevailed? Add Savard if you want as well but we were missing Samualsson as well. How about a 100% Malholtra?

At full health I don't think it would have been close. Unfortunately life kinda sucks.

Still too early to tell. I remember when the Wild and Oilers were on such streaks and we had a december to remember...

The signs are good and I hope we continue to do well but after the all star break is when we will really start to know where we are at.

Agreed. Teams like LA and Chicago will kick thing up a notch after the all star break. The Nucks will need to keep improving and be able to play at a consistently higher level if they are to make much noise come playoff time.

Agreed. Teams like LA and Chicago will kick thing up a notch after the all star break. The Nucks will need to keep improving and be able to play at a consistently higher level if they are to make much noise come playoff time.

On-track to make the playoffs as it is. With the low expectations, might even be better to come in lower in the standings anyway, take some by surprise. Canucks have shown they're a good road team so far.

Nah...

The top 10 teams in the west could obliterate any team in the East in a 7 game series considering both teams are healthy.

Only reason eastern teams may stand a chance in the scf is because they go through weak competition whereas the western teams absolutely crush one another.

You do understand the whole east coast west coast thing isn't real right?

It's something we made up because we live in the west. The west is pretty strong right now but this eastern teams are weak thing has gone on for a long time.

The old "we would have won if we didn't have injuries" argument. Sigh.

So why did we lose in 2011? What was the major precipitating factor if not injuries. Especially in comparison to the Bruins injuries.

They beat us, we lost and injuries are a part of the game. We may not have won but the fact we brought it to 7 games with all the injuries we had is crazy to even think about.

So why did we lose in 2011? What was the major precipitating factor if not injuries. Especially in comparison to the Bruins injuries.

They beat us, we lost and injuries are a part of the game. We may not have won but the fact we brought it to 7 games with all the injuries we had is crazy to even think about.

Because we "choked", plain and simple. We were shutout in 2 games and the twins had 5 points(Hank1 and Daniel4) in 7 games.

Archived