The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposals) Van-Pit

Lol one can dream, idk about anyone else I'm tired of this middle of the pack crap either win it all or tank and get a wry high draft pick, the sedins could get us some help, tho prob never get traded, Kassian has to go anyways, also i know a hell of a lot about hockey this is just a proposal why not make your own before criticizing someone else's thread?

the sedins will finish their current contracts and retire as canucks...i'ld hate to see hamhuis traded and benning has said he wants to build this team through the draft....that leaves kassian and if they can talk bieksa into dropping his ntc...maybe him...we need a couple more natural scorers...like many other teams...this team would be fine with some quicker d-men and some more scoring...they just don't have the pieces, other teams want.it will probably take a couple more years to make this team a threat again....

Lol one can dream, idk about anyone else I'm tired of this middle of the pack crap either win it all or tank and get a wry high draft pick, the sedins could get us some help, tho prob never get traded, Kassian has to go anyways, also i know a hell of a lot about hockey this is just a proposal why not make your own before criticizing someone else's thread?

Why does Kassian 'have to go' ?

You guys never seem to get around to stating why that is. Teams dont chuck their young, developing players on cheap contracts out the window.

He isnt a burden to the cap. He is popular with his team mates and the fans. He can do all kinds of things on the ice when he isnt scoring. Why this big rush to 'get rid of him' ?

It makes no sense.

Because he should easily be a top 6 forward by now, any coach we've had with him wont give him a shot (obviously something's up with him), he is wildly inconsistent, and not sure what ya mean man i hear alot of huge fans saying he should go, hes almost listed in every proposal so ask anyone of the other guys also those are just my main reasons

Because he should easily be a top 6 forward by now, any coach we've had with him wont give him a shot (obviously something's up with him), he is wildly inconsistent, and not sure what ya mean man i hear alot of huge fans saying he should go, hes almost listed in every proposal so ask anyone of the other guys also those are just my main reasons

Why should he be a top 6 forward by now? Is there an age cutoff? Seriously, people need to really try to understand that developing players is very often a long and tough road.

Trading Zack Kassian right now will not get us the pieces we need to actually improve anywhere near as much as we have to so there is no good reason to trade him at this point. Some veterans like Bieksa, Higgins, Hansen, and possibly Burrows should all be moved to get a REAL rebuild going. Take the short term lumps but get back to being a younger, faster, hungrier team down the road. Keeping all the older, declining players year after year is our achilles heel as a franchise. Time to make the unpopular but necessary moves to get better.

This team needs a true #1 dman that can play both ends or at the very least provide a significant upgrade offensively and on the PP. It also needs at least two top 6 forwards and the best case scenario is getting two first liners to push the Sedins down to the second line going forward, They will be much more effective not having to carry the team offensively as much.

For every other franchise it happens, nyquist,forsberg,Gallagher it happens their developing well, I honestly think zack would do better elsewhere our previous coaches showed little to no faith and looks like WD IS keepin the trend going, I agree trade the aging core for sure and bump the sedins down but to truly get a top 6 winger or two it will take more then a couple aging core pieces to be traded, Kassian is one of the players that could help us get atleast one in a deal

Pittsburgh laughs and hangs up on Benning with this trade offer. Malkin plays really well with his current line mates I will grant you. But there is no guarantee that he will put up the same or better numbers in Van. Pittsburgh has no immediate need to move him, much like we have no immediate need to move Kassian. As for the Sedins, do not get me started on why including them in this trade is bad.... nice try though

In a secondary role with the pens the sedins could excel even more, incase ya havent noticed Kassian is the commodity most people have mentioned as a trade chip here, also sedins easily have another couple decent years in em, and its just proposals, please let's see your proposals if you've made any

Please d-money, care to elaborate on why what i just said has no merit? Or you wanna make your own better proposal? Orrr you can just keep your opinion to yourself ?

1) No need, should be obvious

2) Almost any proposal would be better

3) Should consider your own advice

I agree. You should have to complete and pass a quiz of general hockey knowledge before you are able to create a thread.

Hey, at least it's in the right forum and has a tag on it. That is probably enough of a test for most people...

But I agree, that's horrible. No way the Penguins would do that - nor could they for cap reasons.

Archived