The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What style of play do you see Benning taking the team in the future

Ronalds.Kenins41

Style of Play  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think those are the only 3 options. Based on Benning's drafting, acquisitions, history etc, I think he's building the Canucks to be an extremely fast, physical team, however much more uptempo than LA/Boston, more of a run and gun, crash and bang style as opposed to grinding it out and transitional play.

We'll see how successful it is, but should be a lot of fun to watch.

I don't think those are the only 3 options. Based on Benning's drafting, acquisitions, history etc, I think he's building the Canucks to be an extremely fast, physical team, however much more uptempo than LA/Boston, more of a run and gun, crash and bang style as opposed to grinding it out and transitional play.

We'll see how successful it is, but should be a lot of fun to watch.

D6XVVY1.png

I'd just like to congratulate everyone! We've managed to have almost two pages of comments and this hasn't turned into another Kassian thread. On topic, would love to see hard playing, hard hitting every night. I think we need exciting hockey to get the fans back in the Rog.

I'd just like to congratulate everyone! We've managed to have almost two pages of comments and this hasn't turned into another Kassian thread.On topic, would love to see hard playing, hard hitting every night. I think we need exciting hockey to get the fans back in the Rog.

Yeah I think horvat, Kenins and Kassian are starting to bring it back.

Meat and Potatoes.

Lot's of skill, (Virtanen, McCann, Horvat, Shinkaruk, Jensen, (2015 draft pick)

Lot's of speed, (Virtanen, McCann, Jensen, etc)

Lot's of size, (Virtanen, Horvat, Gaunce, Jensen, Kassian)

And this is why, Virtanen was a great pick for us. Mix of everything, especially size, skill, and speed.

Also, Jensen looks pretty good too. If nothing gets in the way, I wouldn't mind seeing a Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen line as a third line next year.

Archived