The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Bonino be traded

inkorea

I doubt it;s Bones though unless a crazy deal comes together.

His cap hit is a slam dunk for our situation.

It's Higgins that looks more like the piece that a playoff contender from the East can give us a reasonable offer for.

His cap hit is a slam dunk for any contender though. I'm sure many teams would be interested. If he can fetch a good pick or a solid prospect, I'd be all for it. Although, it wouldn't be ideal for our situation right now. Perhaps sell Higgins for a 2nd at deadline and at the draft, a package involving Bonino, Lack, maybe Tanev if contract negotiations go sour? Personally, I don't see Bonino being traded but you never know.

His cap hit is a slam dunk for any contender though. I'm sure many teams would be interested. If he can fetch a good pick or a solid prospect, I'd be all for it. Although, it wouldn't be ideal for our situation right now. Perhaps sell Higgins for a 2nd at deadline and at the draft, a package involving Bonino, Lack, maybe Tanev if contract negotiations go sour? Personally, I don't see Bonino being traded but you never know.

Benning has stated that negotiations with Tanev have been going very good and that he is a vital piece moving forward.

Archived