The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Big Bang? New physics model shows universe might have existed forever

key2thecup

I can't believe you're arguing with someone who doesn't even know their own religion... I expected better from you :P

:blush:

The things they say are just so outrageously dumb, sometimes I can't resist.

What? :huh:

Aren't we forgetting about the Immaculate Conception? You know, "no room at the inn"....Christmas and all that?

We even count our years from the birth of Jesus, for crying out loud.

Please, please, please do.

...okay... or you know, you could just read the Bible about it, everything you need to know is in there...

Jesus is the Beginning and the End. All things were created through him and for him. He volunteered himself to come and take our punishment for everything we've done wrong because he just loves us that much. He couldn't just be beamed down to Earth, so he was born (through immaculate conception) to Mary.

...okay... or you know, you could just read the Bible about it, everything you need to know is in there...

Jesus is the Beginning and the End. All things were created through him and for him. He volunteered himself to come and take our punishment for everything we've done wrong because he just loves us that much. He couldn't just be beamed down to Earth, so he was born (through immaculate conception) to Mary. Anyway, he died. While he was dead/in the afterlife, he subdued the power of hell, took the keys to death and hell (another story), and was raised up from the dead after three days. After spending 60 days with his buds, he was taken up to Heaven until he comes back, which, by the signs he gave us, is very soon.

I'll skip over the rest of the post, because there isn't much point, but I'm curious: Why couldn't he just "beam down" to earth?

He walked on water, turned a couple of fish and a couple loaves of bread into enough food to feed thousands, so why is a Star Trek-esque materialization so hard to imagine?

I'll skip over the rest of the post, because there isn't much point, but I'm curious: Why couldn't he just "beam down" to earth?

He walked on water, turned a couple of fish and a couple loaves of bread into enough food to feed thousands, so why is a Star Trek-esque materialization so hard to imagine?

No, because of the price that had to be paid. The ransom price for the sins of humanity was a human who had never done any wrong. He gave up his Godhood to do that. He also wanted to experience what it was like to be human, and he wanted to have friendship with people without them being freaked out that it was God they were hanging out with. He wanted people to discover who he was (and still does). There are more reasons than that, but these are just the more prevalent ones.

Apparantley Mark and John forgot about it as well, it isn't in their Gospels, kind of an important detail to leave out wouldn't you say?

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John focused on different aspects of Jesus' life.

Matthew focuses on Jesus as King, the one who fulfills prophecies and promises (that's why he mentioned the birth in his account).

Mark focuses on the exciting action that Jesus experienced in his life - Jesus' immaculate birth wasn't as important, as this account was more about Jesus' ministry rather than his life growing up.

Luke focuses on the "human side" of Jesus (that's why the birth of Jesus is mentioned). Jesus was a real person, with a genuine interest in people. He knew what it was like to live in a world full of trouble. He was willing to associate with those who were less fortunat, and He came to bring hope and salvation to a world that was hopeless and dying

John is different altogether, and it focuses on Jesus as God. It focuses on who Jesus is, as well as what he can do - the birth of Jesus wasn't as important to John as who he was when he was ministering to the peoples.

Now you know.

Just read the quick summary on Google. It sounds like the Osiris myth just twisted what happened.

Jesus = Horus

Simmilarities

Horus virgin birth - Jesus virgin birth

Horus was of royal descent - Jesus was of royal descent

Horus was given the titel KRST which means “anointed one” - Jesus was given the title Christ [Christos] meaning “anointed one”

The foster father of Horus was Seb or Seph- Jesus was fostered by Joseph

Horus birth accompanied by three solar deities [star gazers] who followed by the morning star of Sirius bearing gifts _ Jesus birth accompanied by three wise men [Zoroastrian star gazers] who followed by a star “in the east” bearing gifts.

The birth of Horus announced by angels - The birth of Jesus announced by angels

Herut tried to murder the infant Horus -Herod slaughtered every first born in an attempt to kill Jesus the forthcoming messiah.

Horus is baptized at age 30 by Anup the Baptiser at a river -Jesus is baptized at age 30 by John the Baptist at a river.

Horus resists temptation by the evil Sut [sut was to be the precursor for the Hebrew Satan] on a high mountain - Jesus resists temptation by Satan on a high mountain.

Horus had 12 followers - Jesus had 12 disciples.

Horus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water - Jesus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water.

Horus raised someone from the grave [his father Osiris] - Jesus raised Lazarus [notice the name similarity] from the grave. Lazarus is short for Elasarus - the “us” on the end is romanized. Elasarus was derived from “El-Asar” which was the name given to Osiris.

Horus was buried and resurrected in the city of Anu. The place Bethany mentioned in John was a derivative of the words “Bet” and “Anu” which translates “the house of Anu”. The ‘y’ on the end of bethany is interchangeable with the letter ‘u’.

Horus was killed by crucifixtion - Jesus was crucified

Horus was accompanied by two thieves at the crucifixtion -Jesus was crucified with two thieves.

Horus was buried in a tomb at Anu - Jesus was buried in a tomb located in Bethany [bet-Anu].

Horus was resurrected after 3 days - Jesus was “said” to resurrected after over a period of three days.

The resurrection of Horus was announced by three women - The resurrection of Jesus was announced by three women.

From The Pagan Christ - Tom Harper.

Do you really believe this is a coincidence ?

Or that people took an existing myth/allegory sand made it their own.

The ancient egyptians were smart enough to know their story was an allegory , not historical fact.

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John focused on different aspects of Jesus' life.

Matthew focuses on Jesus as King, the one who fulfills prophecies and promises (that's why he mentioned the birth in his account).

Mark focuses on the exciting action that Jesus experienced in his life - Jesus' immaculate birth wasn't as important, as this account was more about Jesus' ministry rather than his life growing up.

Luke focuses on the "human side" of Jesus (that's why the birth of Jesus is mentioned). Jesus was a real person, with a genuine interest in people. He knew what it was like to live in a world full of trouble. He was willing to associate with those who were less fortunat, and He came to bring hope and salvation to a world that was hopeless and dying

John is different altogether, and it focuses on Jesus as God. It focuses on who Jesus is, as well as what he can do - the birth of Jesus wasn't as important to John as who he was when he was ministering to the peoples.

Now you know.

Have you researched why those four were chosen to be the gospels in the bible while others were discounted ?

So I hope you guys realize he's just trolling right now heh

He's not trolling, just uneducated/misinformed. Proof of why religious people need to hit them early while their minds are still developing.

I don't mind Christians who take the proof around them and conform their religion around those parameters. These ones will probably get the higher up positions in heaven because they are rational. The ones that throw away all logic and try to conform everything to their religion, however, well it's like trying to convince a cat not to chase a laser pen. Decades of research by thousands of scientists whisked away because their priest told them otherwise. The janitors of heaven most likely.

The one simple question of why the Bible is essentially a collection of plagiarized stories cannot be answered without a bunch of irrelevant rhetoric that avoids the question entirely. I do wish some other Christians would chime in because I would like to hear a plausible explanation. The answer seems to be beyond jazz and brick's scope of knowledge. The integrity of the Bible is essentially wiped out without an explanation.

Jesus = Horus

Simmilarities

Horus virgin birth - Jesus virgin birth

Horus was of royal descent - Jesus was of royal descent

Horus was given the titel KRST which means “anointed one” - Jesus was given the title Christ [Christos] meaning “anointed one”

The foster father of Horus was Seb or Seph- Jesus was fostered by Joseph

Horus birth accompanied by three solar deities [star gazers] who followed by the morning star of Sirius bearing gifts _ Jesus birth accompanied by three wise men [Zoroastrian star gazers] who followed by a star “in the east” bearing gifts.

The birth of Horus announced by angels - The birth of Jesus announced by angels

Herut tried to murder the infant Horus -Herod slaughtered every first born in an attempt to kill Jesus the forthcoming messiah.

Horus is baptized at age 30 by Anup the Baptiser at a river -Jesus is baptized at age 30 by John the Baptist at a river.

Horus resists temptation by the evil Sut [sut was to be the precursor for the Hebrew Satan] on a high mountain - Jesus resists temptation by Satan on a high mountain.

Horus had 12 followers - Jesus had 12 disciples.

Horus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water - Jesus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water.

Horus raised someone from the grave [his father Osiris] - Jesus raised Lazarus [notice the name similarity] from the grave. Lazarus is short for Elasarus - the “us” on the end is romanized. Elasarus was derived from “El-Asar” which was the name given to Osiris.

Horus was buried and resurrected in the city of Anu. The place Bethany mentioned in John was a derivative of the words “Bet” and “Anu” which translates “the house of Anu”. The ‘y’ on the end of bethany is interchangeable with the letter ‘u’.

Horus was killed by crucifixtion - Jesus was crucified

Horus was accompanied by two thieves at the crucifixtion -Jesus was crucified with two thieves.

Horus was buried in a tomb at Anu - Jesus was buried in a tomb located in Bethany [bet-Anu].

Horus was resurrected after 3 days - Jesus was “said” to resurrected after over a period of three days.

The resurrection of Horus was announced by three women - The resurrection of Jesus was announced by three women.

From The Pagan Christ - Tom Harper.

Do you really believe this is a coincidence ?

Or that people took an existing myth/allegory sand made it their own.

The ancient egyptians were smart enough to know their story was an allegory , not historical fact.

http://stupidevilbastard.com/2005/01/ending_the_myth_of_horus/

Have you researched why those four were chosen to be the gospels in the bible while others were discounted ?

http://evidenceforchristianity.org/is-it-true-that-there-are-more-than-the-four-legitimate-gospels-for-example-the-gospel-of-judas/

I think the comments section of the first arcticle say it all about said article.

The first comment

ROTFL, there are about 200 such simularities between Heru/Horus & your alleged SUN GOD Jesus, in the usual Christian fashion you will of course deny them all dreaming up anything you can in desperation.

There is positively no denying the fact that Jesus is a carbon copy of Horus.

Im simply going to pull a Christian and just stick my fingers in my ears and shout LALALALALALALA as my proof. Wouldn’t do a bit of good listing anything, so why exactly bother?

Just more for you to deny.

As for the second article among it's many BS claims it states that judas wrote his gospel in the second century , considering he was supposedly hanging out with jesus that makes him nearly 2oo years old when he wote the bible.

And it does not adrees any of the real [ political ] reasons why those four authors were chosen.

I rarely use capital letters but , YOU REALLY NEED TO THINK CRITICALLY jazz.

He's not trolling, just uneducated/misinformed. Proof of why religious people need to hit them early while their minds are still developing.

I really thought the following comment was proof... you guys are being hoodwinked... its kinda cute... and feel free to keep going, I'll check back with you guys in another 10 pages

So... how far has the galaxy actually expanded - according to evolution - since right after the Big Bang?

I really thought the following comment was proof... you guys are being hoodwinked... its kinda cute... and feel free to keep going, I'll check back with you guys in another 10 pages

He's apparently 17 years old so knowledge of things like the Big Bang will, of course, be lacking.

He's apparently 17 years old so knowledge of things like the Big Bang will, of course, be lacking.

Never learned about it in school, but I'm in college now, so I really don't have time.

I rarely use capital letters but , YOU REALLY NEED TO THINK CRITICALLY jazz.

Okay, here's for thinking critically:

This is why I believe in Jesus: I've seen pain get healed in an instant, legs grow out, the weather change, demons running for their lives, all in the name of Jesus. There's Almolonga, Guatemala. Caleme, Brazil. The healing revival in Lakeland, Florida. This guy. This guy, too. This happened in Israel. I was at a conference this last weekend and we asked the Holy Spirit to show up and he did. His presence was so thick, my one friend couldn't move except for his eyes (God gave him a crazy cool vision of angels dancing in the place we were in), and I and at least five of my friends were so filled with God's spirit - laughing, dancing, laying on the ground, stumbling around, etc - we were practically drunk in it. I couldn't even stand for part of it. You know how Jesus fed the 5000? My aunt had that happen to her on a much smaller scale a few years back. Back when I was dealing with depression, I was two minutes away from attempting suicide and God told me to stop because he had better plans for me. People who have never met me before nor I them have given me words from God that completely aligned with my life, and it's happened countless more times to countless others.

After all I have seen and heard, do you really think I can discount my faith? Common sense and wisdom and evidence, even, lead me towards Jesus, not away.

Archived