The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Big Bang? New physics model shows universe might have existed forever

key2thecup

Never learned about it in school, but I'm in college now, so I really don't have time.

Okay, here's for thinking critically:

This is why I believe in Jesus: I've seen pain get healed in an instant, legs grow out, the weather change, demons running for their lives, all in the name of Jesus. There's Almolonga, Guatemala. Caleme, Brazil. The healing revival in Lakeland, Florida. This guy. This guy, too. This happened in Israel. I was at a conference this last weekend and we asked the Holy Spirit to show up and he did. His presence was so thick, my one friend couldn't move except for his eyes (God gave him a crazy cool vision of angels dancing in the place we were in), and I and at least five of my friends were so filled with God's spirit - laughing, dancing, laying on the ground, stumbling around, etc - we were practically drunk in it. I couldn't even stand for part of it. You know how Jesus fed the 5000? My aunt had that happen to her on a much smaller scale a few years back. Back when I was dealing with depression, I was two minutes away from attempting suicide and God told me to stop because he had better plans for me. People who have never met me before nor I them have given me words from God that completely aligned with my life, and it's happened countless more times to countless others.

After all I have seen and heard, do you really think I can discount my faith? Common sense and wisdom and evidence, even, lead me towards Jesus, not away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T99fUvuuYOg

So which one are you?

Never learned about it in school, but I'm in college now, so I really don't have time.

Okay, here's for thinking critically:

This is why I believe in Jesus: I've seen pain get healed in an instant, legs grow out, the weather change, demons running for their lives, all in the name of Jesus. There's Almolonga, Guatemala. Caleme, Brazil. The healing revival in Lakeland, Florida. This guy. This guy, too. This happened in Israel. I was at a conference this last weekend and we asked the Holy Spirit to show up and he did. His presence was so thick, my one friend couldn't move except for his eyes (God gave him a crazy cool vision of angels dancing in the place we were in), and I and at least five of my friends were so filled with God's spirit - laughing, dancing, laying on the ground, stumbling around, etc - we were practically drunk in it. I couldn't even stand for part of it. You know how Jesus fed the 5000? My aunt had that happen to her on a much smaller scale a few years back. Back when I was dealing with depression, I was two minutes away from attempting suicide and God told me to stop because he had better plans for me. People who have never met me before nor I them have given me words from God that completely aligned with my life, and it's happened countless more times to countless others.

After all I have seen and heard, do you really think I can discount my faith? Common sense and wisdom and evidence, even, lead me towards Jesus, not away.

That is not critical thinking Jazz , that is relating some personal anecdote's. The crazy visions, dancing and laughing reminds me of things I experienced while I was on acid in my late teens , no ship.

I am sorry to hear you were very close to suicide , I have been there , it is a sh!tty place to be and I am glad you found something that gave you a reason to live , that something was that you made the conscious choice to live.

He's not trolling, just uneducated/misinformed. Proof of why religious people need to hit them early while their minds are still developing.

I don't mind Christians who take the proof around them and conform their religion around those parameters. These ones will probably get the higher up positions in heaven because they are rational. The ones that throw away all logic and try to conform everything to their religion, however, well it's like trying to convince a cat not to chase a laser pen. Decades of research by thousands of scientists whisked away because their priest told them otherwise. The janitors of heaven most likely.

The one simple question of why the Bible is essentially a collection of plagiarized stories cannot be answered without a bunch of irrelevant rhetoric that avoids the question entirely. I do wish some other Christians would chime in because I would like to hear a plausible explanation. The answer seems to be beyond jazz and brick's scope of knowledge. The integrity of the Bible is essentially wiped out without an explanation.

First of all, God is love, and last time I checked, giving up your life for love (both what Jesus did and what we are called to do as Christians) was not a rational action; therefore, it's probably the ones who act the most irrationally out of love that will be closer to the throne of God.

Also, it's not plagiarism. All scripture is a collection of histories between God and his people that was inspired by God. The people that wrote these books loved God, and he loved them, so they probably wouldn't even care if they were plagiarized.

Also, conforming or compromising our religion goes against our beliefs, so that's not going to work out.

This explains a lot, it seems that Jazz thinks the solution to his problem is the solution for everyone, but it doesn't work that way, I've been to the edge as well, it was music that pulled me back, one song in particular, it still is my go to when I get really down.

That's cool, man. Music helped pull me out, too

That is not critical thinking Jazz , that is relating some personal anecdote's. The crazy visions, dancing and laughing reminds me of things I experienced while I was on acid in my late teens , no ship.

Everything bad is a twisted counterfeit of something that's good.

Well a 2000 yr old book predicts ww3 will be the last war and at the end of the world we'll have 1 ruler, and the mark of the beast.

Looks like we're heading towards another war, and the NWO and they've already said they designing microchips and eventually everyone will have to have one to buy or sell, just like the book said. ;)

Doesn't get much more accurate then that.

I know I'm jumping in wayyy late, but....

I've always subscribed to this theory for two reasons..

1) energy cannot be created or destroyed

2) the dispersal of elements with regards to the proposed age of the universe, on our planet for example, with regards to heavier elements needing to be created in a supernova, seems too averaged out considering the life cycle of stars, to be as young as 14BYO.

Ie: things like lead and gold and uranium should be much more rare in the popular model.

Footnote: Also, human nature dictates that all things have a beginning or an end, evolution was just being accepted when this theory was born, so scientists probably couldn't fathom the idea of true infinity..

Cosmic background radiation though, how do we explain that? Maybe it's constant, or increasing? We haven't had long to observe so who knows...

Well a 2000 yr old book predicts ww3 will be the last war and at the end of the world we'll have 1 ruler, and the mark of the beast.

Looks like we're heading towards another war, and the NWO and they've already said they designing microchips and eventually everyone will have to have one to buy or sell, just like the book said. ;)

Doesn't get much more accurate then that.

They knew about microchips 2000 years ago? Technology isn't progressing as fast as I thought.

They knew about microchips 2000 years ago? Technology isn't progressing as fast as I thought.

It's not mentioned explicitly, but microchips is the best guess. But it talks about the Mark of the Beast, and his number is 666, and the mark will be on the right hand or the forehead. No one can buy or sell without it. Since these microchips have SS #s on it, people are assuming it could grow into a payment method as well. Possible, but nothing really too much has happened with it at this time.

Wait till some form of world peace starts. Then see what happens from there.

I would pay 10 bucks to watch a Christian and a Muslim argue the various "scientific" predictions in their respective holy books. I imagine that would be quite a spectacle.

It's actually a bit similar. They both say Jesus is coming back, just in different roles.

In the Bible, Jesus is coming back as the King of Kings and the Bridegroom to the Church.

In the Koran, Jesus is going to be the lieutenant of the Mahdi, but he's not God to the Muslims.

It's not mentioned explicitly, but microchips is the best guess. But it talks about the Mark of the Beast, and his number is 666, and the mark will be on the right hand or the forehead. No one can buy or sell without it. Since these microchips have SS #s on it, people are assuming it could grow into a payment method as well. Possible, but nothing really too much has happened with it at this time.

Wait till some form of world peace starts. Then see what happens from there.

I thought that was a joke. I see the comparison now. I don't necessarily agree, but I see it. IMO, there will be a push back against technology in our lifetime. As for world peace? A pipe dream. Sorry to be a cynic, but as long as humans have the ability to leverage others, ie. Free will, they will use it for nefarious purposes. (S)He with the biggest stick will always take more if they can. Human nature is not necessarily working in our favour.

I thought that was a joke. I see the comparison now. I don't necessarily agree, but I see it. IMO, there will be a push back against technology in our lifetime. As for world peace? A pipe dream. Sorry to be a cynic, but as long as humans have the ability to leverage others, ie. Free will, they will use it for nefarious purposes. (S)He with the biggest stick will always take more if they can. Human nature is not necessarily working in our favour.

World peace will be made for a seven year term by one guy (the antichrist), but he'll break it off half-way through and he'll take the world downhill from there (so, quite nefarious). And then Jesus will come back, and everything will be good for 1000 years after that. And then there's armageddon, and then there's Judgment Day. And then there's heaven and hell forever.

And that's the summarized versions of visions that were given to Daniel and John.

Oh, also, prices will skyrocket, but oil and wine (gas and alcohol, I'm guessing) will be their natural costs.

I think we all know that WWIII will begin when someone lobbeths

The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch....

c27b430d1b5d90324b12efc95a933687.jpg

"Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy..."

World peace will be made for a seven year term by one guy (the antichrist), but he'll break it off half-way through and he'll take the world downhill from there (so, quite nefarious). And then Jesus will come back, and everything will be good for 1000 years after that. And then there's armageddon, and then there's Judgment Day. And then there's heaven and hell forever.

And that's the summarized versions of visions that were given to Daniel and John.

Oh, also, prices will skyrocket, but oil and wine (gas and alcohol, I'm guessing) will be their natural costs.

"Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy..."

I immediately thought of this.

The broad brushes that the atheists in this thread paint Christians with is insulting.

Say what you want, but like every faith, job, clique etc there are good people and idiots. Paint Billy Graham with some of your brushes, I dare you. Lump him in with the fake healers etc you losers.

Archived