The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Big Bang? New physics model shows universe might have existed forever

key2thecup

The broad brushes that the atheists in this thread paint Christians with is insulting.

Say what you want, but like every faith, job, clique etc there are good people and idiots. Paint Billy Graham with some of your brushes, I dare you. Lump him in with the fake healers etc you losers.

pot_calling_the_kettle_black_01.jpg

It's actually a bit similar. They both say Jesus is coming back, just in different roles.

In the Bible, Jesus is coming back as the King of Kings and the Bridegroom to the Church.

In the Koran, Jesus is going to be the lieutenant of the Mahdi, but he's not God to the Muslims.

Nor is he to the Christians. As for the myth of Osiris ? The 4 major religions are based off that myth, story, legend, tale. The Bible is a plagiarism of epic proportions twisted to meet the needs of the rulers during those times. Changed over millennia to suit a growing culture, appointing kings, controlling continents, slaughtering tens of hundreds of thousands.

No different than any organized military being funded by a corrupt government.

You clearly fail to see the true origins of your perceived faith. The evidence is staggering.

The broad brushes that the atheists in this thread paint Christians with is insulting.

Say what you want, but like every faith, job, clique etc there are good people and idiots. Paint Billy Graham with some of your brushes, I dare you. Lump him in with the fake healers etc you losers.

You really think you haven't said enough stuff that you have to be painted with a broad brush? You and Jazz can be used as examples of why such stereotypes exist. And I'm not kidding in the slightest.

You guys aren't painted by a broad brush but by Picassos of your own creation.

Nor is he to the Christians.

Yeah... he is?

Also, why do the three major religions in the world claim to be from Abraham, and are monotheistic?

You really think you haven't said enough stuff that you have to be painted with a broad brush?

It's true, we have. But you don't know us or what we do enough to paint the details. I assume that if you could, your picture of us would be much clearer.

And Brick, don't call them losers. It's not Christ-like.

And with the whole myth of Osiris thing, Jesus existed before Osiris - not as a human, though - and that throws a wrench in the whole "plagiarism" system. It was already known to God before the world existed what Jesus was going to do and who he was going to be. If anything, the myth of Osiris "plagiarized" God's plan. Now, I already know you guys will discount this, because you don't believe in God. And that's understandable. If you want to believe that you are the product of compounding accident after accident, go ahead, I won't force you to come to terms with anything.

Also, Christianity isn't as much of a religion as it is a relationship and a friendship with Jesus.

And finally, God bless you and your families. Have a good evening. I'm out for the night.

Nor is he to the Christians. As for the myth of Osiris ? The 4 major religions are based off that myth, story, legend, tale. The Bible is a plagiarism of epic proportions twisted to meet the needs of the rulers during those times. Changed over millennia to suit a growing culture, appointing kings, controlling continents, slaughtering tens of hundreds of thousands.

No different than any organized military being funded by a corrupt government.

You clearly fail to see the true origins of your perceived faith. The evidence is staggering.

Then why arent they changing it to suit todays needs? Is it because the true scripts still exist in Israel and can be translated to prove todays bible hasnt changed.

Half this thread can go on "Christians say the darndest things". :lol:

I feel kinda depressed, you know... like I'm just not living up to my full potential as a human being... like I should be doing more with my life...

Then I come in here and read posts by Brick and i feel better about myself hehe

gandhi-christ-and-christians-gandhi-chri

I agree with this quote. Not enough of us Christians are acting like Christ. A lot of Christians are judgmental and hateful, even if they don't realize it.

It isn't possible with people like Brick and Jazz, they are too afraid to question their own beliefs, they don't want to look for answers, (maybe afraid of what they might find) they have already decided what answer they want and only accept what fits it.

Trust me. I've questioned it many, many, many, many, many, many, many times before.

I feel kinda depressed, you know... like I'm just not living up to my full potential as a human being... like I should be doing more with my life...

Then I come in here and read posts by Brick and i feel better about myself hehe

Those are masked feelings, you really should be doing more.

It isn't possible with people like Brick and Jazz, they are too afraid to question their own beliefs, they don't want to look for answers, (maybe afraid of what they might find) they have already decided what answer they want and only accept what fits it.

So if I was like you until 20 and then came to know the Lord, why would I question my faith? It was never jammed down my throat. My faith fit absolutely nothing in my life at the time.

I am afraid of nothing. I was looking for answers.

This explains a lot, it seems that Jazz thinks the solution to his problem is the solution for everyone, but it doesn't work that way, I've been to the edge as well, it was music that pulled me back, one song in particular, it still is my go to when I get really down.

I sing this song for the common man

For the people in despair

I bring my song into the world

And I sing it everywhere

The simple truth lies waitin' here

For everyone to share

So hold on, and I will take you there

Hold on and I will take you there

Daily routine takes your soul

Lost without a trace

It hold you down and turns you 'round

And puts you in your place

Another day, another dollar

Another pretty face

Another chance to lose yourself

In the endless race

Hold on, hold on to your dreams

Hold on, even though it seems

Everyone around you has their little schemes

Listen to your heart and hold on to your dreams

I love music as well Bill , though it was because I hate giving up and also knowing how it feels when you lower the coffin into the ground containing some one you love who took their own life , suicide is not painless when you leave every one in pain.

By the way, the one thing that is irrefutable (based on the fact that we are here) is that one of two things either happened:

1) There was a beginning. In that case, you have to accept that something was created from nothing

2) There was no beginning. In that case, you have to accept that something has existed forever and had no beginning

So either way, logic as we know it is defied and our minds are blown. I don't think we would be able to comprehend the truth even if we learned it. Our brains are too small and we are far too inferior. Heck, most people can't even comprehend either of the above scenarios, or the big bang, or that the universe has no up or down, or left or right.

It hurts my brain to think about "no beginning" -- it goes far far beyond our comprehension of time, which is mostly linear. F-in cool.

Archived